**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Can someone tell me how we lost?

Taz0911Taz0911 Posts: 118

Comments

• Options
    Well if that's true then that's a very bad way of scoring war.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,170 ★★★★
    If they died to the same defender more then 3 times, it won't affect the attack bonus score. So I'm assuming they died 4 or more times to one defender (max attack bonus is lost after 3 fights). So the death total will be the same and now it comes down to fight duration.
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    That’s amazing. Never seen an actual tie and the fight duration being the tie breaker. Well done Kabam, but sorry for the lost war.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,170 ★★★★
    Taz0911 said:

There's no perfect way since someone will not like it no matter what but it's the current scoring system that makes the most sense.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for clearing that up. It would be nice tho for someone from kabaam to give the reason they value attack bonus over deaths...
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Fight duration. You guys fought slower than them. That’s the tie breaker.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Attack bonus and defender kills is about the same. Because if your defender gets a kill you lose an attack bonus.

If they had 1 more death that means they did 4 times to 1 defender. That’s why yoj guys tied. Math checks out
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    Only the first 3 kills matter on any defender. Once the 3 attack bonuses are lost then it doesn't matter even if you give 20 kills on the same defender because there are only 3 attack bonuses to achieve each fight.
    You lost because of time difference.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    The fact that only first 3 kills give points for the defender isn't a sece.ret and is widely known and has been this way for as long as I can remember. I'm honestly surprised you claim to have been unaware of this.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    This system has taken quite a bit of forethought to implement. It accounts for skill because the objective is still to take the Node down without dying, but it doesn't penalize people for using Items. Which is as it should be. People shouldn't have to PAY to lose Points. It also allows people to prioritize other scenarios because moving past Nodes is sometimes more useful than dying less. That hasn't been a specific metric for years. I don't know why people keep focusing on it.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,041 ★★★★★
    Taz0911 said:

Thank you everyone for clearing that up. It would be nice tho for someone from kabaam to give the reason they value attack bonus over deaths...

They have when they introduced this new scoring.
  • Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    I think Kabam should give a touch up to AW points awarding system
    Taz0911 said:

• Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,325 ★★★★★
    Krishna24 said:

I think Kabam should give a touch up to AW points awarding system

Taz0911 said:

they should in fact do a lot more to improve this game, but step by step
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Because they have more points than you
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    tie breakers that would make more sense:

*fewest items used
    *average %health left after every fight
    *average %damage dealt in deaths (calculated against health at start of fight... granted with timeout issue, this might not be so good righ now)
    *First ones to complete their final fight.

or... gasp:
    each alliance picks one (or possibly 3 or 5) members to do a battleground fight against opponent. Fight to commence at the starting time of the next war (giving about 1 day to prepare who, and make sure someone can be available at the appropriate time). All tie breakers to be monitored by Kabam for "shady results".
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

That’s amazing. Never seen an actual tie and the fight duration being the tie breaker. Well done Kabam, but sorry for the lost war.

It's a little bit more common in higher tier wars where deaths are consistently in the single digits.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Fight Duration encourages high tier war players to boost as hard as possible even when a fight is relatively straightforward. With the amount of compensation going around it's just about the only way they can monetize this specific game mode.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    Back in my day, you got points for defender kills, but they stopped doing that so really hard bosses don't cause you to lose. Also in high tier war, people typically will only die once to one fight if they die at all.