**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

7.4 offer vs July 4th

ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
edited May 2022 in General Discussion
I was wondering what other people in the same situation might do.
I have 18k units saved for July 4th and getting the completion offer will mean having two rank 4s, not enough to become paragon and potentially missing on juicy stuff in July.
My guess is that only unit offers will have rank 4 materials so I’m very undecided at the moment.

Comments

• ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★
    I have 1 r4 currently. I am slowly working on Act 7 exploration for the gem to get a second r4. If I get the deal when it comes back (today maybe?) that will get me roughly 2/3 of the way to a 3rd r4. My hope is with other content I will be able to get the rest before July 4th although who knows...
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    I'm going to buy both, but July 4 deals this year might not be good.
  • OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248
    I’d say buy the 7.4 package because you never know if the July 4 deals will be good or not and 7.4 package you know what you are going to get and it’s worth it imo. You have 2 months to save up. If you really try you can get 1k units per week and get back up to where you are or close to it.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    You can ignore all of this, but I would recommend you at least examine if you personally want/need to become Paragon prior to July 4th.

To reframe the narrative a bit if it is helpful, the mindset of spending units (7.4 offer) so as to be able to have access to more spending of units/money (July 4th) is a weird idea outside of this game specifically.

I totally get it, and during Spring Cleaning I was heavily considering spending to get those T6b frag/T3a frags. But I stopped myself, as (A) Wouldn't make me achieve Paragon without at least another R4, (B) Spending money to get partially towards becoming Paragon so as to be able to potentially be able to spend units/money on Paragon offers is kind of strange to me.

It is a different calculus if the 7.4 offer lets you become Paragon as opposed to taking a step towards Paragon.

• Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★

I was wondering what other people in the same situation might do.
    I have 18k units saved for July 4th and getting the completion offer will mean having two rank 4s, not enough to become paragon and potentially missing on juicy stuff in July.
    My guess is that only unit offers will have rank 4 materials so I’m very undecided at the moment.

You have enough time from now until July 4th to grind 10k units so I would buy it
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 762 ★★★
    who are we kidding... 4th of july deal will be a 15-21k thing... as you have to get smaller deals to get the ones that are comparable to the 7.4 deal.

I'm not saying you don't get more stuff / try to judge one vs. the other (can't since don't know what it will be)... but I do know the cost will be about 1.5-2x.
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Alright. I’ll pick up the offer and then pray that either I can build my units back up or that July 4th is a disappointment.
    Thanks all for the input!
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Save your units for July 4th. Deals are much better. Throne breaker deals will be better then 7.4 deals because they will want people pushing so they can open up the Paragon deals. 7.4 offer deal is awful for 10k units.

Too many of you guys suffer from FOMO.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,129 ★★★★★
    What do FOMO mean?
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,888 ★★★★★
    zuffy said:

What do FOMO mean?

Fear of Missing Out
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,129 ★★★★★
    What do FOMO mean?

zuffy said:

What do FOMO mean?

Fear of Missing Out
    Thanks
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,635 Guardian
    I will just point out that Cav deals for cyber weekend were no better than they were on the 4th of July before Thronebreaker came out. Eternity of Pain will likely be your best source of r4 materials and we don't even know how much you will get. Buy the deal so you can get paragon faster.
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 152
    I did not buy the 7.4 offer as I did not see much benefit in it before the Paragon announcement. I bought it when it was offered again this past week. Now, I am debating if I should get it second time in 1 1/2 weeks. I just explored Act 7 this morning and can have two R4 now.

As far as I can tell, we could have got 1.25 T6B/T3A for 15,000 from the 4th of July deal last year. Cyber Weekend was only 0.5 worth of T6B/T3A for 10,000. (Please correct me if my information is wrong.) I am ignoring non-R4 materials included in these deals as they will not help me become Paragon. The 7.4 offer is 3 T6B/T3A for 10,000. I think that is pretty good. So I bought it. I did not buy anything from the July 4th or Cyber as I did not see any values in them.

Kabam will be giving us more chances to grab T6B/T3A, but it will be very slow like T5C. I may not get the third R4 for a very long time unless I buy second 7.4 offer or do all Carina's. We have no idea what this year's the 4th of July looks like, but I am not so sure that the offer will be better than 3 T6B/T3A for 10,000 (if your main interest is to become Paragon). My decision to buy second time will also depend on how much R4 materials I can get from Eternity of Pain.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,829 ★★★★★
    ChriissR said:

Save your units for July 4th. Deals are much better. Throne breaker deals will be better then 7.4 deals because they will want people pushing so they can open up the Paragon deals. 7.4 offer deal is awful for 10k units.

Too many of you guys suffer from FOMO.

@ChriissR why wasnt the same applicable to cavalier deals when tb was the latest stage? The cavalier unit deals if i remember correctly Didnt have much t5cc.