**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

EQ ended early

The timer had 1d left when the EQ ended. Please fix.

Comments

• Options
    JohnyLawlessJohnyLawless Posts: 41
    I had 1 path left for Cavalier exploration... So glad I'm not the only one to notice this. Hope they sort it out
  • Options
    Please contact support and lodge a complaint. They just told me that they can't find an error on their side and asked if I have video of the clock. Why TF would I screen record the clock? It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    Latest reply from Kabam:

I wanted to provide some information about that the timer you have seen was the extra 24-hour grace timer and not the timer for the event itself. To avoid confusion, rather than viewing our active quest timer, we should watch the timer for the event quest directly. The said event ended on May 5, 2021 at 10:00 AM, which was what that timer was based on as designed.

Why is there a grace timer? Why was it 24 hours longer? And why did it suddenly end rather than complete ticking down?
  • Options

Why is there a grace timer? Why was it 24 hours longer? And why did it suddenly end rather than complete ticking down?

“Grace Timer” is just that if you are CURRENTLY RUNNING a quest on a path, you will be able to finish THAT QUEST RUN for a while longer after the actual Event Time has ended.
    You get to have an additional 24 hours to build available Energy back up, do some more arena to get more units to buy additional potions, etc, and be able to finish that quest path you are currently in.

It is NOT a grace time to rush out and do another 2 chapters of the Event because you waited until last minute.

It has been this way every month for a long time now.

When you are inside of a quest, it shows you how long you have to finish that path.
    When you are on Main Fight Menus, it shows you how long you have in order to enter/begin one last path.
    Waited until last minute....? THE TIMER HAD 24 HOURS LEFT... how is that last minute? Also, if the event ends regardless of the timer, WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE TIMER?!? I was on the main fight menu and noted that there was just under 24 hours left. Kabam has acknowledged that there is a second timer which had 24 hours extra on it.

I'm not in the habit of checking the time and date when events ends if there is a damn timer which shows you how much time is left....
  • Options
    cytwbc said:

Well as far as i can remember all EQ and monthly side quest ALWAYS end @ 1pm eastern time, on the first Wednesday of every month, its been this way forever.
    Actually almost all playable content besides AQ/AW always drops/ends( if it has a ending date) on Wednesday's @ 1pm eastern,
    For the record ive been playing this game since Spring of 2016 (a few months after it came out)

Kabam acknowledged that the timer was off by 24 hours. Since there is a timer telling you how much time is left, that is what I go by. Why else is there a timer? And what is the point of the timer if it's wrong...?
  • Options
    Rillian said:

I imagine the timer had 24 hours left after you started a path.

I finished 3 paths in the final twenty minutes so I saw the 24hrs too.

It's ****. I finished the path and was prepared to hit "replay" but there was no replay button. Went out of the quest to see all April events were gone. I can't finish all the Cavalier events, this one I could, which makes it so much worse.
  • Options
    Rillian said:

A new month is a new opportunity

Doesn't mean I'm capable of completing the May EQ though. That is my point. Not all EQs are equally difficult. I have a descent roster, but not to the point of beating Cavalier EQ every month...
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 900 ★★★
    Well, you did have a month to complete this. I thought I left it late to 100% Master & Uncollected and only complete Cavalier in the last 72 hours. Would have done it earlier but had to beat 6.2.5 Mordo before his buff went live. That was 7 hours of energy used up this month. Think this April SQ was the most energy draining month I ever had.

Try to give yourself the deadline 2 days early and you will always make it.
  • Options
    SammyDe said:

Well, you did have a month to complete this. I thought I left it late to 100% Master & Uncollected and only complete Cavalier in the last 72 hours. Would have done it earlier but had to beat 6.2.5 Mordo before his buff went live. That was 7 hours of energy used up this month. Think this April SQ was the most energy draining month I ever had.

Try to give yourself the deadline 2 days early and you will always make it.

Yes, and I paced myself with (according to the clock) almost 1 full day left. I did master, uncollected, the side quests, and almost all of Cavalier. I used up plenty of energy refills to get me within striking distance. If there was literally minutes left on the clock I would take the L as have have in the past. But their clock was wrong. They admitted their clock was wrong....
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    How long have you been playing this game? I’ve been playing since 2015 and it’s always ended in the first Wednesday of the month. This one falls in you not kabam.
  • Options

How long have you been playing this game? I’ve been playing since 2015 and it’s always ended in the first Wednesday of the month. This one falls in you not kabam.

Honestly, I've always just assumed that the event ends when the timer reaches 00:00. Silly that, right? Why would I go by the clock...? Also, I've never bothered memorizing what day events end. In large part BECAUSE THERE IS A COUNDOWN TIMER TELLING YOU WHEN IT ENDS....

Was their timer incorrect? Yes. Yes it was... They had an entire month to adjust this times, yet they didn't... So I think they take some blame for this.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,641 Guardian

Kabam has acknowledged that there is a second timer which had 24 hours extra on it.

Kabam acknowledged that the timer was off by 24 hours.

(1) a second timer. Yes, that is how it always is when actively running a quest. Timer for the whole event, and another for finishing up what you are already doing.

(2) “timer was off”. Actually your earlier copy of what Kabam responded with does not contain any acknowledgement by them that it was “off”. Those are your words.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,641 Guardian

They had an entire month to adjust this times, yet they didn't... So I think they take some blame for this.

Every time I looked at that timer in the last few days before it ended, it was always correct. There was no system-wide error in showing an extra 24 hours for the Event Quest.
  • Options

They had an entire month to adjust this times, yet they didn't... So I think they take some blame for this.

Every time I looked at that timer in the last few days before it ended, it was always correct. There was no system-wide error in showing an extra 24 hours for the Event Quest.
    I didn't say it was system wide, did I?
  • Options

Kabam has acknowledged that there is a second timer which had 24 hours extra on it.

Kabam acknowledged that the timer was off by 24 hours.

(1) a second timer. Yes, that is how it always is when actively running a quest. Timer for the whole event, and another for finishing up what you are already doing.

(2) “timer was off”. Actually your earlier copy of what Kabam responded with does not contain any acknowledgement by them that it was “off”. Those are your words.
    1) this was not while actively running a quest. I checked the timer BEFORE I entered the second-to-last path.

2) agreed, they did not state that the timer was off. However there is no point to having a timer which adds 24 hours to the event. It is completely useless and effectively only causes confusion.