**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Enter the Battlegrounds this May! Open Beta Starts May 9th!

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

It's gonna be almost impossible to get that many wins w/o recharging. Really disappointing.

30 wins a week is 4 a day, then two at the end.

Let’s say you only had 6 champions in your deck. Clearly you have 30, but say you use the same 6 every fight. That means you can do 3 matches every 6 hours.

If you did your 12 matches a day then you’d only need a win rate of 33% to get 4 wins a day. And remember that you have 30 champions in your deck. If you’re only using 6 then I’d advise you diversify.

With a full deck of 30, and considering you can win the first 2 rounds (hence only taking energy of 4 of your champions), you can see how with a full deck you can get 10 or so matches in one 6 hour period without even worrying about the reset.
    With an 18 hour refresh, that's basically 3-5 matches a day w/o having to refresh. Gonna have to win most of those to get to 30 wins, which gets harder the higher you progress.

I'm basically gonna play those matches then spend the rest of the day sandbagging to try to keep my score low enough to win enough matches w/o having to refresh.

That's a really horrible way to set up a gamemode.
    I don't believe it's a 18 hour refresh, last time in the beta it was 6 hours then all charges came back to your champion. I would appreciate clarification, but I do think that was the case.

If it was a 6 hour refresh instead of an 18 hour one, do you think you'd change your mind?
    It says 6 hours per charge, so 18 for a full charge.
    It actually says "Champion Charges replenish on a 6 hour timer". So it could mean either.

But you didn't answer my question, if it was 6 hours instead of 18 do you think that would be more reasonable, being able to do 9-15 match ups a day instead of just 3-5 as you suggested?
    Honestly, a 6-hour timer would be more annoying cause it'd force you to log back on every 6 hours like arena. If I'm gonna play I wanna sit down and play. Not have to do it 2-3 times a day. I stopped doing arena for a reason.

This is just Incursions with Arena added. Terrible idea.
    Why is 6 hours more annoying? I get why it’s still not your ideal playstyle because you want to play in one go, but at worst it’s the same as 18 hours for you. I don’t get how it’s more annoying.

You could do your big sit down and play like 30 mins away from the timer reset, then you can straddle the timer and get a big session in. Surely that’s better than having 18 hours?
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

It's gonna be almost impossible to get that many wins w/o recharging. Really disappointing.

Let’s say you only had 6 champions in your deck. Clearly you have 30, but say you use the same 6 every fight. That means you can do 3 matches every 6 hours.

If you did your 12 matches a day then you’d only need a win rate of 33% to get 4 wins a day. And remember that you have 30 champions in your deck. If you’re only using 6 then I’d advise you diversify.

With a full deck of 30, and considering you can win the first 2 rounds (hence only taking energy of 4 of your champions), you can see how with a full deck you can get 10 or so matches in one 6 hour period without even worrying about the reset.
    With an 18 hour refresh, that's basically 3-5 matches a day w/o having to refresh. Gonna have to win most of those to get to 30 wins, which gets harder the higher you progress.

I'm basically gonna play those matches then spend the rest of the day sandbagging to try to keep my score low enough to win enough matches w/o having to refresh.

I don't believe it's a 18 hour refresh, last time in the beta it was 6 hours then all charges came back to your champion. I would appreciate clarification, but I do think that was the case.

If it was a 6 hour refresh instead of an 18 hour one, do you think you'd change your mind?
    It actually says "Champion Charges replenish on a 6 hour timer". So it could mean either.

But you didn't answer my question, if it was 6 hours instead of 18 do you think that would be more reasonable, being able to do 9-15 match ups a day instead of just 3-5 as you suggested?
    Honestly, a 6-hour timer would be more annoying cause it'd force you to log back on every 6 hours like arena. If I'm gonna play I wanna sit down and play. Not have to do it 2-3 times a day. I stopped doing arena for a reason.

Why is 6 hours more annoying? I get why it’s still not your ideal playstyle because you want to play in one go, but at worst it’s the same as 18 hours for you. I don’t get how it’s more annoying.

You could do your big sit down and play like 30 mins away from the timer reset, then you can straddle the timer and get a big session in. Surely that’s better than having 18 hours?
    Anything that has you logging into the game 2-3 times a day as opposed to 1 is annoying. AQ and AW rewards are good enough to be a mode that I'll do it. These don't look like it's worth it, like the arena isn't. Also, there's no incentive to push your score cause it's just gonna cost more and more. It's incentivizing tanking. Really not well thought out.

Also, Having to use energy AND having champ limits is just awful.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,021 ★★★★★

Zeraphan said:

Zeraphan said:

Well what little interest I had in this game mode is now completely gone. Like others have already said the energy cost while kind of high is reasonable but champ recharging ruins it all. I'll leave this mode to the big spenders.

I think it's the other way around. I'm fine with the champ refresh you can manage that and it's specific to the game mode, but I think the energy costs are too much with everything we need energy for.
    While I would agree that energy is a problem (it should have its own energy instead of the same generic energy we use for everything else) if I had several refills expiring (or just extra for fun) and wanted to sit and go on a BG binge spree I could do that. The champ recharges means I could not do that without having to recharge the champs for units which ruins it all.

I will say this view will vary based on people's needs. I don't really do the monthly event very often so I usually have extra energy although I know others never have any energy at all as they try and do everything.
    That's fair. What if BG objectives threw in some BG champion refills every so often - like they do with the re-rolls? So you could use them like you would use energy refills?

45 units of value, but you can only use them in BGs and it allows you to do your BG spree?
    This would feel a bit better. Still not what I would consider a great solution, but certainly moving in the right direction if they were available somewhat regularly.
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

Anything that has you logging into the game 2-3 times a day as opposed to 1 is annoying. AQ and AW rewards are good enough to be a mode that I'll do it. These don't look like it's worth it, like the arena isn't. Also, there's no incentive to push your score cause it's just gonna cost more and more. It's incentivizing tanking. Really not well thought out.

What's forcing you to log in more lmao, this isn't aw/aq so just pretend it's 18 hours and NOTHING changes on your end.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Sandbagging will be my strategy as well.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,180 ★★★★★
    Raganator said:

Gl when most wil do this now

• Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Mattyy said:

What's forcing you to log in more lmao, this isn't aw/aq so just pretend it's 18 hours and NOTHING changes on your end.
    And that puts you back at the play 3-5 matches then wait 18 hours, which is also awful.
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

Mattyy said:

And that puts you back at the play 3-5 matches then wait 18 hours, which is also awful.
    Mate your argument was that 6 hour timers would be more annoying than 18 hour timers.. goal posts.
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★

No 6* rank 4 items, might end up being incursion 2.0.

This Beta test is not indicative of what the store will be like when the mode goes live. This is still a Beta Test.

Great. When can we expect official BG release @Kabam Miike ?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Question, will the Objectives come back? I didn't have the time to grab the Profile Pic last few rounds. Thanks.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,180 ★★★★★
    Raganator said:

Gamer said:

Raganator said:

Gl when most wil do this now

It'll be a race! Who can forfeit the fastest?
    I’m meant u u decided to play again to win u may com against bigger account
  • Options
    DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    With that much of requirement to enter (45 units per champion!!) or 18h waiting time + 30 units every 4 matches-,
    people will have to wait ~10min to find a match (after the first week or two), so good luck collection data (and UNITS) in this BETA trial. (not to mention this lackluster store)
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Ciedre said:

Ciedre said:

No 6* rank 4 items, might end up being incursion 2.0.

It's still in beta, I'm quite sure the rewards

Can't wait to go against modders and then have to pay to recharge my champs to face more modders for a lackluster store.

You don't have to do it if you don't want to. If you don't think the rewards are worth your time, there's plenty of other things to do in-game right now, and the first part of the Eternity of Pain starts next week too.

The fact you don't seem to recognize this as a legit consern for us, but just brush it off with a "If you don't think the rewards are worth your time" is honestly shocking.
    Refreshing champs will cost us units, units earned by either paying for them, or spending time in arenas. And if we face modders we are basically throwing money out the window, and all you say is a crappy comment about it in this manner is just insulting.
    Kabams way of communicating with it's playerbase is far worse then any other gamecompany I've seen.
    They specified that they were aware of the unsavory behavior and are working on it. If it was as easy as stopping it at the push of a button, I'm sure that button would be worn out.
    I'm not saying it's easy, I'm saying that until they find a way to deal with it then the feature shouldn't have an actual cost to it
    How can they test cost adjustments without them?
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

DrDrill said:

With that much of requirement to enter (45 units per champion!!) or 18h waiting time + 30 units every 4 matches-,
    people will have to wait ~10min to find a match (after the first week or two), so good luck collection data (and UNITS) in this BETA trial. (not to mention this lackluster store)

Why does this 18 hour number keep coming up? There is no 18 hour timer. A 6 hour timer starts ticking once your champion is fully depleted of their 3 charges. At that time, you can either wait 6 hours or pay 45 units to get all 3 charges back on that champion.

Personally, I think that a possible fix for this is two fold: first, increase the total number of charges on a champion to 5. Second, give each charge its own timer that can run concurrently. So if I use a champion at 2pm, and again at 2:30pm, and then I put the game down to do other things, I will get a charge back at 8pm and another at 8:30pm.

I really don’t like that the timer doesn’t start until the champion is fully depleted, that means you eventually *have to* wait the full six hours. You can’t play a couple today, a couple tomorrow, and always have your full deck. Eventually, your champion will run out of charge, even if you only use them once per day.

I’m thinking about a player who is busy during the week, but has the time to play a fair bit on weekends. They played a couple rounds during the week, but now they’ve got time to really sink their teeth into this mode but can’t because a bunch of their champions are down to just one charge because they used them a couple times several days ago. That’s not a good feeling. That’s not fun. Champions should start to recharge prior to depletion.
    I think people are saying 18 hours because it makes it sound like 6 hours per charge. So 1 charge is 6 and the full 3 is 18. At least that's my assumption
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,021 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

DrDrill said:

Why does this 18 hour number keep coming up? There is no 18 hour timer. A 6 hour timer starts ticking once your champion is fully depleted of their 3 charges. At that time, you can either wait 6 hours or pay 45 units to get all 3 charges back on that champion.

Personally, I think that a possible fix for this is two fold: first, increase the total number of charges on a champion to 5. Second, give each charge its own timer that can run concurrently. So if I use a champion at 2pm, and again at 2:30pm, and then I put the game down to do other things, I will get a charge back at 8pm and another at 8:30pm.

I really don’t like that the timer doesn’t start until the champion is fully depleted, that means you eventually *have to* wait the full six hours. You can’t play a couple today, a couple tomorrow, and always have your full deck. Eventually, your champion will run out of charge, even if you only use them once per day.

I’m thinking about a player who is busy during the week, but has the time to play a fair bit on weekends. They played a couple rounds during the week, but now they’ve got time to really sink their teeth into this mode but can’t because a bunch of their champions are down to just one charge because they used them a couple times several days ago. That’s not a good feeling. That’s not fun. Champions should start to recharge prior to depletion.
    I think people are saying 18 hours because it makes it sound like 6 hours per charge. So 1 charge is 6 and the full 3 is 18. At least that's my assumption
    Yeah, that’s the math they’re doing, but it’s a full recharge after the 6 hours. It’s not 1 charge per interval, it’s the full 3.