**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Poll: Is it time for a rewards overhaul?

KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
edited May 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
The rewards of the latest side event are diabolical and the side quest may be the the worst in MCOC history. Is it time that Kabam updated the rewards for the event quests and side quests?

Poll: Is it time for a rewards overhaul? 113 votes

Yes - a rewards overhaul is long overdue
94%
DL864Mpd1benshbCaptain_007_Tendersquadjdrum663Noodes_Maverick75TerraEricsocratesCropDusterAanthoKiptonadeBrokenCometEarthJohnLocke117yuwReferenceIamTryingMyBestPseudouber 107 votes
No - the current rewards are suitable
5%
BitterSteelPikoluEtm34Erik_Killmonger1001Soyheyor123Tnkeesman 6 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    No - the current rewards are suitable
    No, it’s just time for a new difficulty
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★

They did update the rewards, that's a hefty amount of r4 materials that they previously sold for around $50 each
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★

They did update the rewards, that's a hefty amount of r4 materials that they previously sold for around $50 each

That's the side event. The event quest is 2 years outdated.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

Those materials need to be "added" to the rewards, not "substituted" with other rewards
    It's 2022....the new progression title demands loads of R4 materials
    IMO they're actually a bit late in adding those mats to the SQ
    Rewards of this SQ match 2020 standards except for those R4 materials
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,071 ★★★★★
    Introduce new difficulty called TB
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    As written, the answer is obviously yes. First, (quite) every player wants better rewards. Second, after such an introduction, a player would answer yes.

As an old veteran, I have the feeling of a decrease of the rewards: there are less shards than before, especially for 6* and then t2ac. And that, since a discussion about why players love SQ.
    Maybe my needs have grown. I have more 6* to upgrade to rank 2 and even to rank 3 for a sub-part. But honestly the veteran Cavaliers, the Thronebreakers and now the Paragorns are on the sale boat.
    Such an overhaul must be general - not only on EQ and SQ even if they are the main point - to see again what these categories need and what it is reasonable to give them at which pace.
  • KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★

As written, the answer is obviously yes. First, (quite) every player wants better rewards. Second, after such an introduction, a player would answer yes.

As an old veteran, I have the feeling of a decrease of the rewards: there are less shards than before, especially for 6* and then t2ac. And that, since a discussion about why players love SQ.
    Maybe my needs have grown. I have more 6* to upgrade to rank 2 and even to rank 3 for a sub-part. But honestly the veteran Cavaliers, the Thronebreakers and now the Paragorns are on the sale boat.
    Such an overhaul must be general - not only on EQ and SQ even if they are the main point - to see again what these categories need and what it is reasonable to give them at which pace.

I do agree that an overhaul is required in all aspects. It was pointed out by Seatin a while back that you could grind months and months of content for tiny amounts of (r3 mats at the time) or just pay $100 at spring cleaning/july4/cyber weekend and have the same amount of mats or shards. The format of the game rarely ever changes occasionally they put the work in and make the side events different or exciting but 9 times out of 10 we will be following the same paths in a different shape fighting the same types of nodes over and over again. The only thing that gets me through and I’m sure others is the thought of being able to rank up a champion at the end or maybe opening a new crystal at the end of the slog. However we’re at a point where even that isn’t possible. 4K 6* shards from the side event ONLY if you play every single day of the month.

While I acknowledge that we are getting EOP this month the rewards for that don’t actually hit our accounts until July. I cannot fathom why the rewards this month have taken such a backwards step especially considering they’ve announced Paragon. Is it to frustrate players enough to cave in and buy their way to the title?
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    There needs to be a TB+ EQ, and they all need reduced energy, certainly the likes of Heroic/master which still take more than an energy refill for the final chapters unless the player is over level 50.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,749 ★★★★★
    I think that this month's side quest lays bare some of the problems with the game's current economy. Legendary difficulty is in all but name Cavalier difficulty. We know this. And yet, this is where they place the r4 resources for the past two months? Among the monthly rewards for Cavalier players' content?

I don't care if Cav players get r4 materials as long as I can pick them up as well, but it does have consequences. These are some of the most valuable resources in the game at the moment. For late-TBers and Paragons. For people under those two groups, they are borderline useless. Cavalier and early/mid-TBers are hunting r3 resources. However, the problem with sprinkling in those r4 materials among Cav players' rewards is that those rewards grow increasingly valuable in a way that doesn't really benefit Cav players. If Kabam then tries to balance those rewards by lessening the rewards that actually are of use for Cavs, things are going to get weird.

I don't know if that's what is happening here - I haven't really seen a detailed breakdown of what we can earn this month so it's hard to judge - but it's a problem I foresee with dumping these rewards for Cav players instead of specifically for TBers in our own monthly content. I think it's going to make things really strange going forward.

It's kind of like with the SOP last summer. Eventually, every push forward just rewarded you more r4 materials, and back then, those were absolutely useless to me. I still haven't formed a single t6b or t3a despite being TB for close to a year, because they are rare. However, it made a lot more sense for them to be among the SOP rewards (since that was TB content; I was just too fresh a TB to appreciate it) than it does for them to be among the monthly Cavalier-level SQ rewards.

Hopefully we'll see a TB difficulty soon. With it, Cavalier players can have rewards appropriate to where they are in the game and we Thronebreakers can have our rewards that are appropriate to our progression, without anyone's needs getting on anyone else's toes.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    Ercarret said:

I think that this month's side quest lays bare some of the problems with the game's current economy. Legendary difficulty is in all but name Cavalier difficulty. We know this. And yet, this is where they place the r4 resources for the past two months? Among the monthly rewards for Cavalier players' content?

I don't care if Cav players get r4 materials as long as I can pick them up as well, but it does have consequences. These are some of the most valuable resources in the game at the moment. For late-TBers and Paragons. For people under those two groups, they are borderline useless. Cavalier and early/mid-TBers are hunting r3 resources. However, the problem with sprinkling in those r4 materials among Cav players' rewards is that those rewards grow increasingly valuable in a way that doesn't really benefit Cav players. If Kabam then tries to balance those rewards by lessening the rewards that actually are of use for Cavs, things are going to get weird.

I don't know if that's what is happening here - I haven't really seen a detailed breakdown of what we can earn this month so it's hard to judge - but it's a problem I foresee with dumping these rewards for Cav players instead of specifically for TBers in our own monthly content. I think it's going to make things really strange going forward.

It's kind of like with the SOP last summer. Eventually, every push forward just rewarded you more r4 materials, and back then, those were absolutely useless to me. I still haven't formed a single t6b or t3a despite being TB for close to a year, because they are rare. However, it made a lot more sense for them to be among the SOP rewards (since that was TB content; I was just too fresh a TB to appreciate it) than it does for them to be among the monthly Cavalier-level SQ rewards.

Hopefully we'll see a TB difficulty soon. With it, Cavalier players can have rewards appropriate to where they are in the game and we Thronebreakers can have our rewards that are appropriate to our progression, without anyone's needs getting on anyone else's toes.

I am Tronebreaker for less than 1 year and disagree. As a big part on the forum is the elite, I will have several « disagree » on the comment :-)

A lot of Cavaliers are at a Thronebreaker level. They have many 5r5 and 6r2 and even r3. Just they did not finish the act 6. They simply do not have the title but they have the abilities. So it is wrong to consider them lower than a Thronebreaker just for that reason.
    I think Kabam is wrong by trying to say Cavaliers = 5*, like it did when the title Thronebreaker was introduced and the year after.

To give r3 and r4 materials, in a reasonable way, to Cavaliers and Thronebreakers is a way to keep the challenge in the game. And a way to reward them to play and to motivate them (remember your first 5r5, your first 6*, your first 6r3 ...).
    All the players, p2w and f2p, Cavaliers, Thronebreakers and Paragorns, contribute to a certain balance of the game. The balance is not perfect, a gap is needed. But the gap must not be to big between them, in order to not disgust the lowest and to keep a financial interest. In AW it is a way to sell items to all the categories. In AQ it is a way to keep the run (higher prestige = higher amount of points = better rewards).
    The victories and the rewards make you keep on playing, and for some of us buying.
    For Kabam, that is complex to maintain this balance.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    The rewards are perpetually 2 years behind the players.
  • _hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★

The rewards are perpetually 2 years behind the players.

i fully agree with this statement and it is highly accurate
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,749 ★★★★★

Ercarret said:

I am Tronebreaker for less than 1 year and disagree. As a big part on the forum is the elite, I will have several « disagree » on the comment :-)

A lot of Cavaliers are at a Thronebreaker level. They have many 5r5 and 6r2 and even r3. Just they did not finish the act 6. They simply do not have the title but they have the abilities. So it is wrong to consider them lower than a Thronebreaker just for that reason.
    I think Kabam is wrong by trying to say Cavaliers = 5*, like it did when the title Thronebreaker was introduced and the year after.

To give r3 and r4 materials, in a reasonable way, to Cavaliers and Thronebreakers is a way to keep the challenge in the game. And a way to reward them to play and to motivate them (remember your first 5r5, your first 6*, your first 6r3 ...).
    All the players, p2w and f2p, Cavaliers, Thronebreakers and Paragorns, contribute to a certain balance of the game. The balance is not perfect, a gap is needed. But the gap must not be to big between them, in order to not disgust the lowest and to keep a financial interest. In AW it is a way to sell items to all the categories. In AQ it is a way to keep the run (higher prestige = higher amount of points = better rewards).
    The victories and the rewards make you keep on playing, and for some of us buying.
    I mean, by that logic, should we start putting t5cc in Uncollected difficulty because there are skilled Uncollected players? Should Conqueror players start getting a bunch of t5b?

No. If you want and/or need those resources, do the content that advances you to the required progression tier where they are more freely available. This isn't "elitist", it's just a fundamental part of how the game works. It's not just a question of keeping those resources away from Cavalier players (I don't really care about that in and of itself), but rather one of having them in content that's fun for the players at a higher tier to play.

The only reason those resources are even available to Cavalier players is that there is currently no other place (in monthly content) where they can act as rewards. But if there were other venues for them and Cavalier players still were to get 9K/month worth of the rarest materials in the game, how much should Thronebreaker and Paragons realistically get? 18K and 24K, respectively? Those are "Explore all of 7.4" levels of r4 resources. Per month. It's unreasonable. It would break the game economy.

In fact, 18 and 24K are about 30% and 50% of what you earn in the entirety of Act 7 (excluding the rank-up gem), to put it into perspective. Both Thronebreaker and Paragon rewards have to be lower than that, at least initially, so as to not entirely invalidate everyone's recent struggle to explore that content for those materials. However, what level should Thronebreaker and Paragon players get those resources at on a monthly basis? Just the same as Cavalier players? Again, that's like saying that Thronebreaker and Cavalier players should get the same t5b and t2a as Uncollected players per month. It just isn't feasible. You'd end up either pumping Uncollected full with too many endgame resources or you'd cause a drought of them for endgame players.
  • DrauglinDrauglin Posts: 182 ★★

Ercarret said:

What?
    If you are Cavalier and have “many r5 5* and r2 and r3 6* and “Have the skill” to be Thronebreaker but haven’t completed act 6 then guess what…you’re still a Cavalier and are lower than a Thronebreaker. It’s a progression title. If you want the title and the rewards you have to do the content.