**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I am buying a new phone . Is Iphone 13 pro the best right now to play MCOC ?

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
I am an android user so this would be the 1st time i am going to buy an Iphone.

Can anyone suggest me if this is the best or any other phone ? I am still not certain that i will buy Iphone

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I was using an iPhone XR until recently and it worked great for the game. I just got a 13. Decided not to get the 13 pro. I have no issues running the game
  • Options
    ClearonClearon Posts: 11
    edited May 2022
    Iphone 13 pro is one of the worse to play mCoc on. 🤫
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,149 ★★★★★
    I have the 13 pro max. No issues at all.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Clearon said:

Iphone 13 pro is one of the worse to play mCoc on. 🤫

Really ? Or is it sarcasm ? 🧐
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,674 Guardian
    Rohit_316 said:

i think i remember there being some issue with the iphone 13, but don't quote me on that. i'll take a took

edit: here you go: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/281998/iphone-13-pro/p1 i recommend not only focusing on what is best for the game, but for your everyday life. can you afford it? how much do you use your phone? does a really good camera matter to you? i use an iphone x, and in addition to working well for the game, it also has a nice camera and is relatively cheap

Yes i can afford it easily ...camera matters a lot to me , use my phone a lot for office and personal use both
    This is the only reason you should get an iPhone. Just kidding but MCOC does tend to run better on iOS than android.
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Rohit_316 said:

i think i remember there being some issue with the iphone 13, but don't quote me on that. i'll take a took

edit: here you go: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/281998/iphone-13-pro/p1 i recommend not only focusing on what is best for the game, but for your everyday life. can you afford it? how much do you use your phone? does a really good camera matter to you? i use an iphone x, and in addition to working well for the game, it also has a nice camera and is relatively cheap

Yes i can afford it easily ...camera matters a lot to me , use my phone a lot for office and personal use both
    This is the only reason you should get an iPhone. Just kidding but MCOC does tend to run better on iOS than android.
    Most things do 😁

• Options
    spideypoolspideypool Posts: 36
    I play on the iphone x and have tried to get Kabam to help me switch my acct to the 13 pro i have, i do believe it will be a major difference. Biggest difference between apple and samsung is ram memory capacity. If that makes a difference in game play, Galaxy is better.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,550 ★★★★★
    13 Pro Max has generated issues for me. But not for any other app.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    I recently switched to the standard iPhone 13 (no pro or max or anything like that). I’m not sure if the uptick in input issues I’ve been having is because of the new phone or the new beta input system, as both came around at about the same time for me.

If it is the phone, I think part of the issue is the edge-to-edge screen. On my previous phone, the iPhone XR, there was a healthy bit of space to grip the device without touching the screen. On the 13, I find myself accidentally touching the edges fairly frequently. Might need to invest in a bulkier case to test that theory, but I’m reluctant to do so.
  • Options
    Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    I thought it was phones with adaptive refresh rates which caused the input issues, cause it messes with the frame rate. As it cycles up and down it causes just enough lag to make you miss the parry window etc.
    I might making all that up though, I’m not sure.

Anyway I play on the standard iphone13 and never had any issues.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,149 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I recently switched to the standard iPhone 13 (no pro or max or anything like that). I’m not sure if the uptick in input issues I’ve been having is because of the new phone or the new beta input system, as both came around at about the same time for me.

If it is the phone, I think part of the issue is the edge-to-edge screen. On my previous phone, the iPhone XR, there was a healthy bit of space to grip the device without touching the screen. On the 13, I find myself accidentally touching the edges fairly frequently. Might need to invest in a bulkier case to test that theory, but I’m reluctant to do so.

I think that is why some people are experiencing issues with the iPhone 13. I have the pro max. I noticed that my left palm can accidentally touch the lower corner of the screen without realizing it during play. With a little adjustment on holding the phone, I don’t experience strange behaviors.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    As camera is important to you, definitely get the pro. Pro max is just screen size and battery upgrade else identical to pro.

Which colour are you getting? The refresh green on the pro looks really sick
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★
    Dude. Buy the phone for the phone. Any game app considerations should be secondary. I can’t speak for anyone else but a brand new iPhone in my region is $1200 CAN. I would not, nor ever, buy a phone just so it’s better tailored for one single solitary app.
  • Options
    JestuhJestuh Posts: 273 ★★★
    Mcoc still has significant timing issues related to the parry bug on all iOS devices. You may want to keep your android device so you can play mcoc if you switch to iPhone.
  • Options
    CirrusCirrus Posts: 87
    I'm on Samsung galaxy s21+ have minimal to no parry issues with or without beta opt in .
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

I am an android user so this would be the 1st time i am going to buy an Iphone.

Can anyone suggest me if this is the best or any other phone ? I am still not certain that i will buy Iphone

Apple devices are clearly the most favored by the devs and the engine they use. By faaaaaaar. It might take a bit to get used to the transition. Kabam doesn't have all the graphical effects enabled for all Android devices, whether they can handle all the effects or not. Added transparencies, warp effects, textures, and flourishes on Apple take me a fight or two to get used to when I switch between devices. If you are a spender, I would play on iPhone, but buy offers on Android to get points/cash back through Google Play.
  • Options
    Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
    What about iPhone 11 or 11pro? As m also gonna shift from iphone7 to 11 or 11 pro, maybe a used 12! I would appreciate if you guys give your feed back on this as well