**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Enter the Battlegrounds this May! Open Beta Starts May 9th!

Comments

• MackeyMackey Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    Barri8 said:

At least the recharge costs 1 gold, no more 45 units.

Well I thought that too .... sure enough, I hit recharge and I lost 45 units instead. So DO NOT hit recharge unless you want to pay 45 units. Its bugged.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Why are the timers off on the Store and objectives? They do not say 48h or 7d but instead 27days . Which One is correct?
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    Mackey said:

Barri8 said:

At least the recharge costs 1 gold, no more 45 units.

Well I thought that too .... sure enough, I hit recharge and I lost 45 units instead. So DO NOT hit recharge unless you want to pay 45 units. Its bugged.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who lost units LOL
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 530 ★★★
    Its very Nice ^^ long but its Nice
  • KilfKilf Posts: 6
    I enjoy battlegrounds. I’m looking forward to the mode and it seems to be getting better already and now introducing rewards is another step forward for the mode. I will still play it although the energy cost is a big hit to me because I’d like to explore some other content as well but I enjoy battlegrounds so I will still play it with high energy costs. Won’t be able to hit all objectives though but I’ll still try to get as far as I can. Wondering if trophy tokens need to be used before event ends? Or if they carry over since they seem to be with the other permanent currency’s of the game? Thank you if anyone knowns but I couldn’t find it anywhere.
  • Lezard2191Lezard2191 Posts: 12
    This Battle mode is super weird. It seems to have a lot of conditionals that only end up limiting the amount of people that will end up playing it, even worse than Incursions.

Conditional 1) The matchmaking is super bad, and is not separate into ranks (1,2,3/4,5,6/etc. star ranks, or by Uncollected/Cavalier/Thronebreaker/Paragon) so you immediately turn away new players that constantly get pitted against 30/30 r3 6*, specially when you consider

Conditional 2) The 15 energy requirement. That's 5% of your daily energy PER match. Again, completely discouraging new players from participating since they'd rather be using that energy to progress through the Main/Event/Side/Daily Quests

Conditional 3) The 18 hour cooldown/45 units to fully recharge your champion. Alone this wouldn't be too bad, since you'd at least be able to get a few matches in before cooldowns start reducing your preferred roster, but when combined with number 2 this really ends up sealing the deal as a No Mode for new players.

I really like the whole Draft idea, but I can definitely not see myself participating much in it outside of maybe burning leftover energy before going to bed for the "Participate in 2 matches" rewards.
  • Mister_pl0wMister_pl0w Posts: 104
    How does the matchmaking work? I threw in all my rank 3 five stars and still got matched against rank 3 and 4 six stars. I seen a comment about someone who is uncollected getting matched against paragon. Is this whole game mode designed only to keep the end game players occupied or will there be opportunities for lower level players?
  • How does the matchmaking work? I threw in all my rank 3 five stars and still got matched against rank 3 and 4 six stars. I seen a comment about someone who is uncollected getting matched against paragon. Is this whole game mode designed only to keep the end game players occupied or will there be opportunities for lower level players?

This is the first day with everyone's rank starting over at 0. You're bound to match with people who out class you as much as you are going to match with people who you out class. It'll take a few days or maybe even a week before the rankings level out and you'll be playing against people your same skill level
  • tedeevrtedeevr Posts: 1
    what is that?

How does the matchmaking work? I threw in all my rank 3 five stars and still got matched against rank 3 and 4 six stars. I seen a comment about someone who is uncollected getting matched against paragon. Is this whole game mode designed only to keep the end game players occupied or will there be opportunities for lower level players?

This is the first day with everyone's rank starting over at 0. You're bound to match with people who out class you as much as you are going to match with people who you out class. It'll take a few days or maybe even a week before the rankings level out and you'll be playing against people your same skill level
    Thanks for the insight. It seems like a large energy suck until then.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I really like the concept of Battlegrounds. HOWEVER. I really do feel that having both the energy requirement for champions (which is 18 hours if you used up 3 charges) AND normal questing energy is just too much.
    If you want to get a check in place for us to not do too much at a time. Just make a seperate system. Otherwise this mode will end like incursions where people won`t really play it, or just skip other content. Since there is only so much energy to go around in the game without spending a bunch of units.
    I am fine with the recharge on champions, but I do feel, if I can only do a couple of rounds of battleground with my strongest champions at a time I should be able to do other content on the side without throwing energy refills at the game.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    I’m don’t like the cost I’m se it a way to stop cheating in a bit bit it doesn’t judge the mode it already cost energy refills one top and 6 huers is far to long. One change. One more thing it shouldn’t be possible to win a fight if you quit out I’m won a fight I’m shouldn’t had because I’m quiet out when I’m got a sp3 but hates to wait so I’m quitting but that’s didn’t kill me. That’s shouldn’t be alowe that’s a explicit.
  • houndogακιhoundogακι Posts: 147
    edited May 2022

So after 5-6 refills no units no stress no cheaters i got the 5000 (from total 7000 per week) and got my boy Hercules 😁
    My best defenders Toad omega sentinel and my other boy Ebony,all 5*
  • CometEarthCometEarth Posts: 115

Hey all, to address some confusion around the objectives:

The 28-day timer is the length of the entire event, but the 2 Day and 7 Day Events will reset/be replaced after 2 Days/7 days.

Remember to claim any rewards you have from the objectives before the Objectives reset tho! If you have not claimed them, you will not get a new Objective!

If i win the first 20 wins obgective claim them. Will it reset so i can get the new 20 wins obgective?
  • Mauled said:

I’ve loved Battlegrounds so far in terms of gameplay and I think that the recharge times are a reasonable way of forcing a bit of roster variation without being too restrictive.

My biggest takeaways from this are:
    1. Something really needs to be done about the cheating, I’ve not come across it myself but there is empirical evidence of cheating now, especially with leaderboards that needs to be looked into.

2. There needs to be a separate energy cost for BG or this is a mode that will only ever be played by people who are too bored to do EQ or have completed every already, which will cut off 80% of the user base.

3. 45 units is too much for a recharge, especially if this is combined with the fact you need regular energy to play the mode in the first place. If you need to drop 45 units to play certain champions regularly then their uses should be more than 3, and the cool down should be lower as well so it’s only the true whales or impatient that use this, akin to spending on unit refreshes.

4. There needs to be ranked rewards in the same vein as AW otherwise it’s only bragging rights and novelty keeping this mode afloat:

Winner, Top 10, 100, 300, 600, 1000 etc. for reference, 600th would be the equivalent of placing last place of masters (20x30 players).

I would even go as far as saying either have a recharge cost or have high energy to enter, but not both.
  • KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 221 ★★★
    Mackey said:

You should report it to the support team to get your units back.

• Mik81Mik81 Posts: 80
    Not sure if it has been reported already, but the timers on the weekly and 48h objectives says a month and not the correct time left
  • NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    Mackey said:

@Kabam Miike will the bug that displayed 1 gold to refresh be address by yourselves? There is a number of players (myself included) that hit the refresh as it was displayed as 1 gold cost only to find I lost 45 units.

Yes
    This game mode blows. The ai is dumb and the controls are frustrating.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    45 units is a bit much, I hope it's only this high to make the planned price feel less excessive
  • GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    The recharge cost has already really killed the buzz on this mode. During the last beta my entire alliance was playing non stop and had no issue paying the energy cost (which was reasonable). 45 units to recharge champs is just beyond excessive. Need to remove it entirely, there’s literally no point to it. This isn’t arena. Maybe put a small gold cost like 2-3k gold per recharge if there must be something or leave it at 1 like you had it,