**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ map 6 Changes - Thoughts?

Comments

• CangaceiroCangaceiro Posts: 429
    Now my comments have to be approved, even thou I’m not banned.
    ShaggyM said:

I keep getting notifications there's a new message on this chat then when I click on it it says discussion not found. I'm assuming recent comments are being deleted. This issue is not just going to go away unless Kabam just steps in and says that's it we're not changing it deal with it or we're changing it. Lack of response will keep this thread or future threads go on forever.

• Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 267 ★★★
    I sure as heck won't be satisfied with simply an acknoledgement or any half baked or passive aggressive reply ay this point. I think nobody who has posted their grievances here should.
    But maybe we need to step up a notch and demand attention elsewhere? 🤔 Would it be a case for looking up some netmarble execs to try to communicate what's going on and ask for answers?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    It plays like a tightrope, specifically the skill/tech/poison/power snack. You can’t bring champs immune to nullify without the attack penalty and/or poison. Almost all the meaningful power control is poisonable, though g99 has been solid for me. I really need hood to ensure a shrug from kingpin or else I’m screwed.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★
    Carmel1 said:

Hi everybody,

I want to first apologize for the late response. It's been a very busy time here, and while we haven't been able to reply, we have been keeping up.

The team has been actively discussing your feedback, especially around the Dual Class nodes. We don't have anything to share at this time, or know what/if action is required, but wanted you to know that your feedback has not been ignored. We will update you all if there is news to share.

Not just the dual class.
    Removing the class restrictions for the poison + power snack maybe open it by couple of possible counters.
    You need to consider that not all of map6 players have roster deep enough.
    Power snack has tough interaction on many modifiers especially parry curse, turn the tide, kinetic transference. In my opinion this node has to go.

And who exactly forced you to use those modifiers…?

Carmel1 said:

Hi everybody,

I want to first apologize for the late response. It's been a very busy time here, and while we haven't been able to reply, we have been keeping up.

The team has been actively discussing your feedback, especially around the Dual Class nodes. We don't have anything to share at this time, or know what/if action is required, but wanted you to know that your feedback has not been ignored. We will update you all if there is news to share.

Not just the dual class.
    Removing the class restrictions for the poison + power snack maybe open it by couple of possible counters.
    You need to consider that not all of map6 players have roster deep enough.
    Power snack has tough interaction on many modifiers especially parry curse, turn the tide, kinetic transference. In my opinion this node has to go.

And who exactly forced you to use those modifiers…?
    Those are the mods everybody used to run map 6 with without issues previously.

Hi everybody,

It's also too overtuned. Defenders attack and hp pools have got to be readjusted. It's out of whack for a map 6.

Also, I don't understand this framing "if action is required". Aren't your players telling you action is required?? And this is just a portion that bothers to come over here. There are loads of people feeling the same way, you're simply gonna lose those ones and not hear about it. Well, I guess kbm doesn't care...
    edited May 2022
    Honestly that could’ve been said on day 2 or 3, and a timeline could’ve been set - 4 cycles to collect data, identify trends and determine what decreased summoner performance is due to the inherently difficulty of change versus the map itself. 2 more to figure out and implement fixes. Now we’re 3 cycles in and I don’t know what we have.

If the dual class was gone in phase 2 and it was power snack 1 (25% of a bar) that’d be enough to shut me up.

I’m sure they can look at game data to either figure out where items are used or where players are dying. If they’re concentrated in one area, that’s where the design is imbalanced.
    edited May 2022
    While I’m here, since I’m using Kingpin in AQ, can someone confirm a mechanics question for me? He’s got 3111 base attack and gains 2146 from my mastery build. Rages add 933 (30% base attack). Since it doesn’t say “scales with base attack only,” does that mean my rages actually add 30% of the modified attack 5257 (that’s 1577)?

I awakened KP after not pulling him from war rewards. I’m debating using all my skill stones to take him to sig 65 to gain a third rage.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    The problem is the dual class lanes are everywhere ! One per section fine but not to the extent that you've used the mod. As everyone else has mentioned, the power snack one in section 2 is atrocious. It severely limits the number of champs that you can use there. And it's a really long path to boot.
  • Chief_primeChief_prime Posts: 70 ★★
    edited May 2022
    QuikPik said:

The problem is the dual class lanes are everywhere ! One per section fine but not to the extent that you've used the mod. As everyone else has mentioned, the power snack one in section 2 is atrocious. It severely limits the number of champs that you can use there. And it's a really long path to boot.

I'm not sure if you mean one lane with dual classes per section. But even so, no. These "identity paths" gotta go. Unless, like it's been repeated a thousand times here, they offer a bonus if u abide by them, and not for the love of all that's holy: a penalty to the other classes.
    Day 4 and my first fight has 130,000 HP. This map asks so much more of each of us, even accounting for one fewer fight per person, and even before you account for the poison/power snack path and class penalties.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,358 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Day 4 and my first fight has 130,000 HP. This map asks so much more of each of us, even accounting for one fewer fight per person, and even before you account for the poison/power snack path and class penalties.

Yeh, the defenders are way tankier and harder.
    The game mode is now just a big pain in the rear.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    God forbid you have to take a path where you don’t have the class callouts. 150 hit fights , even with a 150-combo Aegon. How fun.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    Nice of them to acknowledged this.
    I have been following this thread since day 1.
    And hoping that they bring these changes down a notch.

First of all I don't do m6.
    And looking at all the feedback, I saw that they implemented m8 class nodes in this.

I 'believe' (not having the first hand experience) people who are playing map6 are playing it just to their AQ, get their rewards and be done with it. These new counter specific paths/fights/nodes are doable for organised alliances, they can catch up and adapt.

But, not all map5/6 alliances feel the need of assigning paths and manage sections for boss killers and players who clear paths. Far too many of these alliances are easy going.
    I can only imagine the difficulty increased with the modifiers.

I 'hated' map6 from day1, it is one of the worst design when it comes to manage energy requirements of some paths. Yes, players on shorter paths can share energy, but that is not consistent even for organised allinces, not all players can do it, constantly loggin in to share energy every 2 hours... And thus players on the longer paths always got stuck.

Map6 needs a design overhaul like m7 or m8.
    Consistent and specific design.
    Come to think of it, every map other than m6 do have a uniform design and energy distribution.