Options

Thanks for the cool calendar Kabam!

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,154 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Zan0 said:

Ishamael said:

As the in-game message tied to this calendar said, this is to help Summoners push further or to re-engage with content that they may have been having trouble with.

As you all know, from time to time, we will make different offers available to different players at different times, and have done the same for Gifts.

While we’ve never done anything like this with a Calendar before, we felt that this would be a good time to give this a try.

These kinds of campaigns are industry standard, and our goal here is to re-engage Summoners that haven’t been active in the Battlerealm lately and to bring them back into the Contest.

We hope this extra insight will lend some understanding to why we run these offers and gifts from time to time, and what their intent is.

I completely understand why you would do this. It is a good thing to reinvigorate interest in the game for those that may have lost it. BUT, why not do something like this for those that have been loyal and stuck with you through all of the hard times and issues with the game? Seems counterintuitive to reward those that gave up on you while ignoring those that did not. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for listening.
    It’s called summoners appreciation and it’s an yearly event
    @Demonzfyre may disagree. They kept screaming at every post that the summoner camp event was not summoner appreciation event last year 🙃
    Because it wasn't?
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Seriously this is some BS... U guys gave people who didn't bother with progression champs and rank up materials.. meanwhile some players are buying those t6b t5b t3a t2a bundles to work on their rosters...
    Kabam thinks of it as a way of encouraging players... Well i see it as an encouragement to stop spending, since i feel im getting shafted buying stuff that other ppl get for free..
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Ishamael said:

As the in-game message tied to this calendar said, this is to help Summoners push further or to re-engage with content that they may have been having trouble with.

As you all know, from time to time, we will make different offers available to different players at different times, and have done the same for Gifts.

While we’ve never done anything like this with a Calendar before, we felt that this would be a good time to give this a try.

These kinds of campaigns are industry standard, and our goal here is to re-engage Summoners that haven’t been active in the Battlerealm lately and to bring them back into the Contest.

We hope this extra insight will lend some understanding to why we run these offers and gifts from time to time, and what their intent is.

I completely understand why you would do this. It is a good thing to reinvigorate interest in the game for those that may have lost it. BUT, why not do something like this for those that have been loyal and stuck with you through all of the hard times and issues with the game? Seems counterintuitive to reward those that gave up on you while ignoring those that did not. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for listening.
    Drug dealer method.. if its hooked u dont need to give freebies...
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    edited May 2022

CRYO_88 said:

This feels like kabam spitting in the face of daily players saying your loyalty is meaningless to them

This might be the most dramatic post I’ve ever seen. Spitting in the face? Is that what Thronebreakers claim instead of slapping in the face? Seriously that’s such an over the top way to describe a game.

Firstly, the calendar is not that good. For a thronebreaker player, 1 6* can be achieved 2 or 3 times a month across the game at least. So essentially once every two weeks or less.

Secondly, people are acting like these calendars are guaranteed if you don’t play for a week so somehow it’s unfair on people who actually play the game. That is really not the case, I have 5 or 6 accounts on different emails that I don’t play at all anymore, some I started and never finished, some to grind units on. None of them got it, so it’s definitely not guaranteed.

Are you going to log out for a week to try and get it? No? Then maybe you’re just jealous that others get rewards and you don’t. You’re forgetting that this is a normal thing that happens in the game, and MCOC needs players to thrive. I don’t care if these calendars are sent out, if they keep people playing then I’m fine with it! And if those rewards are in line with what you can typically earn, then I’m fine with that too! A week not logging in, then a week logging in means you could only do that twice a month at max and that’s assuming the calendar is even repeatable.

If you have to choose between 2 6* crystals and a small amount of cats, or a full month playing the game, which are you choosing? If you choose the 2 6* crystals you really don’t know how many rewards you get from playing.

Not to mention that you could spend 6 months (the amount of time since I’ve logged into my accounts) not logging in trying to exploit this, and just not get a calendar. Wasting your time and realising it’s better to just play the game.

Take a step back and realise that you’ve described a free calendar for a small amount of people, that cannot be guaranteed by logging out for a week, that has less rewards you can get by playing the game as being spat in your face.
    You really are confusing the word Jealousy with Candor and Integrity.

It's not the end of the world, and your over exaggeration of how dramatic the post you quoted is, doesn't stray too far from the truth.

However, whichever words or way you wish to describe this situation, the fact of the matter is it has upset / annoyed many players of the game. As this is a forum for players to contribute and share their thoughts, I don't see how anyone can come on here and tell people that the way they are feeling is wrong. And that feeling stems purely from the way this has been implemented, communicated, and quite frankly defies logic that people are getting a good set of rewards for doing nothing.
    Anyone can come and say how they feel about something, but everyone else is equally able to call that out. This isn't a protection bubble where everyone can say anything they like and nobody is allowed to be challenged. This is the point of the forum.

I think Cryo used some pretty over the top language to describe someone else getting a calendar. Spitting in someone's face is clearly a disgusting thing to do, yet he thinks it's a good way to describe someone else getting something that he can get by working a week or two in the game. I strongly disagree with both his sentiment, and the way he expressed it.

Cryo feels that not getting a free calendar used to entice others back to play is kabam spitting in their face.

I feel that is an over the top way to describe something that really doesn't affect you, unless you look at it from a jealous point of view.

You feel that I shouldn't be allowed to tell Cryo that he is wrong for feeling that way.

So how is it that you and Cryo are both ok in saying how you feel about something, but because I'm of a different opinion than Cryo, it's not ok for me to say what I think, but you're ok to tell me I'm wrong? No, Cryo is perfectly entitled to express his feelings within the forum rules, and I am perfectly entitled to tell him that was an over the top way to describe it, and his reaction to this calendar wasn't reasonable. You can disagree with that and provide your viewpoint, and I can respond to that, so on and so forth that's what the forum is for.

For what it's worth, I don't believe I was telling him that his feeling was "wrong", what I was explaining in my post was why I believe it's not a reasonable way to feel, and why it's a reasonable thing for Kabam to do. Which exact part was I telling him his feeling is wrong? All I did was provide a different opinion and a different viewpoint. If you think I shouldn't be able to do that, then I don't think you quite get the point of this forum.

You say "I don't see how anyone can come on here and tell people that the way they are feeling is wrong." But would you argue that if someone said "I feel like it's stupid that Cavalier players don't get more rewards than Paragon, because we're missing out on EoP" that opinion is "right"? I mean, by what you said, nobody would be able to tell them that feeling is wrong.

I can't tell someone that they don't feel a certain way. I would believe that this hypothetical player felt the way they did, but I would tell that person that the way the feel isn't a reasonable way to feel.

I believe Cryo feels like Kabam spat in his face. I can't tell him he doesn't feel that way, but what I can do, is tell that him that the way he feels isn't a reasonable way to feel.
    And breath. Lmfao

Feelings and opinions are 2 different things. That’s all else I’m going to say on the topic.
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Sick. Why didn’t I get one? Literally been sitting at 6.4.1 for months…

Very selective calendar. Lot of reasons this wasn’t the best idea…
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

CRYO_88 said:

This feels like kabam spitting in the face of daily players saying your loyalty is meaningless to them

This might be the most dramatic post I’ve ever seen. Spitting in the face? Is that what Thronebreakers claim instead of slapping in the face? Seriously that’s such an over the top way to describe a game.

Firstly, the calendar is not that good. For a thronebreaker player, 1 6* can be achieved 2 or 3 times a month across the game at least. So essentially once every two weeks or less.

Secondly, people are acting like these calendars are guaranteed if you don’t play for a week so somehow it’s unfair on people who actually play the game. That is really not the case, I have 5 or 6 accounts on different emails that I don’t play at all anymore, some I started and never finished, some to grind units on. None of them got it, so it’s definitely not guaranteed.

Are you going to log out for a week to try and get it? No? Then maybe you’re just jealous that others get rewards and you don’t. You’re forgetting that this is a normal thing that happens in the game, and MCOC needs players to thrive. I don’t care if these calendars are sent out, if they keep people playing then I’m fine with it! And if those rewards are in line with what you can typically earn, then I’m fine with that too! A week not logging in, then a week logging in means you could only do that twice a month at max and that’s assuming the calendar is even repeatable.

If you have to choose between 2 6* crystals and a small amount of cats, or a full month playing the game, which are you choosing? If you choose the 2 6* crystals you really don’t know how many rewards you get from playing.

Not to mention that you could spend 6 months (the amount of time since I’ve logged into my accounts) not logging in trying to exploit this, and just not get a calendar. Wasting your time and realising it’s better to just play the game.

Take a step back and realise that you’ve described a free calendar for a small amount of people, that cannot be guaranteed by logging out for a week, that has less rewards you can get by playing the game as being spat in your face.

It's not the end of the world, and your over exaggeration of how dramatic the post you quoted is, doesn't stray too far from the truth.

However, whichever words or way you wish to describe this situation, the fact of the matter is it has upset / annoyed many players of the game. As this is a forum for players to contribute and share their thoughts, I don't see how anyone can come on here and tell people that the way they are feeling is wrong. And that feeling stems purely from the way this has been implemented, communicated, and quite frankly defies logic that people are getting a good set of rewards for doing nothing.
    Anyone can come and say how they feel about something, but everyone else is equally able to call that out. This isn't a protection bubble where everyone can say anything they like and nobody is allowed to be challenged. This is the point of the forum.

I think Cryo used some pretty over the top language to describe someone else getting a calendar. Spitting in someone's face is clearly a disgusting thing to do, yet he thinks it's a good way to describe someone else getting something that he can get by working a week or two in the game. I strongly disagree with both his sentiment, and the way he expressed it.

Cryo feels that not getting a free calendar used to entice others back to play is kabam spitting in their face.

I feel that is an over the top way to describe something that really doesn't affect you, unless you look at it from a jealous point of view.

You feel that I shouldn't be allowed to tell Cryo that he is wrong for feeling that way.

So how is it that you and Cryo are both ok in saying how you feel about something, but because I'm of a different opinion than Cryo, it's not ok for me to say what I think, but you're ok to tell me I'm wrong? No, Cryo is perfectly entitled to express his feelings within the forum rules, and I am perfectly entitled to tell him that was an over the top way to describe it, and his reaction to this calendar wasn't reasonable. You can disagree with that and provide your viewpoint, and I can respond to that, so on and so forth that's what the forum is for.

For what it's worth, I don't believe I was telling him that his feeling was "wrong", what I was explaining in my post was why I believe it's not a reasonable way to feel, and why it's a reasonable thing for Kabam to do. Which exact part was I telling him his feeling is wrong? All I did was provide a different opinion and a different viewpoint. If you think I shouldn't be able to do that, then I don't think you quite get the point of this forum.

You say "I don't see how anyone can come on here and tell people that the way they are feeling is wrong." But would you argue that if someone said "I feel like it's stupid that Cavalier players don't get more rewards than Paragon, because we're missing out on EoP" that opinion is "right"? I mean, by what you said, nobody would be able to tell them that feeling is wrong.

I can't tell someone that they don't feel a certain way. I would believe that this hypothetical player felt the way they did, but I would tell that person that the way the feel isn't a reasonable way to feel.

I believe Cryo feels like Kabam spat in his face. I can't tell him he doesn't feel that way, but what I can do, is tell that him that the way he feels isn't a reasonable way to feel.
    Feelings and opinions are 2 different things.
    Agreed, and both can be unreasonable.
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★

CRYO_88 said:

Do you honestly think it is unreasonable for a player to feel resentment towards Kabam regarding this topic?

I completely understand the business model of enticing players back and the benefits it can have for login quota’s. It’s a business and the plan is to work to their advantage overall in the long run. What I genuinely don’t believe is that anyone without an invested interest, like Kabam, could look upon this practice and call it fair or reasonable.

If you read between the lines, maybe you’ll understand what I’m saying.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

CRYO_88 said:

Do you honestly think it is unreasonable for a player to feel resentment towards Kabam regarding this topic?

I completely understand the business model of enticing players back and the benefits it can have for login quota’s. It’s a business and the plan is to work to their advantage overall in the long run. What I genuinely don’t believe is that anyone without an invested interest, like Kabam, could look upon this practice and call it fair or reasonable.

If you read between the lines, maybe you’ll understand what I’m saying.
    Yes I do think it's unreasonable. For the following reasons (some I have already stated):
    - The calendar is not guaranteed by stopping for a week, and hence not exploitable.
    - The calendar gives no rewards that cannot be grinded out in 2 weeks of gameplay
    - Calendars for less active players are nothing new, as DNA points out.
    - As a player of the game you have to accept that sometimes, people will get things for free to entice them. They only get these things when they don't play, hence missing out on resources. At minimum in this thread, someone went a week before getting it. But at maximum, I have an account going 6 months without it. That's a lot of rewards they don't get
    - Are the resources in the calendar more than what they can gain by playing? No, so these players cannot get ahead by this calendar. Either they quit, and the rewards are nothing, or they carry on, in which case they are the same as, or worse than before they missed out on rewards. It makes no difference to any other player except for jealousy.
    - Anything that benefits the game and makes it last longer essentially benefits me, because I can play the game. More players = more players spending/playing = better game
    - The playing fields aren't and never will be equal in this game. Some get better gifts, some get better offers, now they're trying with calendars. You make your peace with it because it really doesn't affect you and you can be happy for someone else, or you suffer moral outrage at the fact someone gets something you don't.

All that compared with:
    -It feels bad that someone gets something that I don't get

All arguments in this thread against the calendar have been based on feeling. Nothing about game balance or anything factual, just "I would like to have this". And of course, feelings are valid, nobody is wrong or unreasonable for feeling like you would like to have that. I had the same feeling when I saw it, it's why I logged into my other accounts. But really, what would be reasonable in my view is to go "Ok, ah well" and move on with my day. Not see a games company who made a relatively inconsequential calendar for some players who play irregularly and will have no impact on me and say they are spitting in my face.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I have a calendar. It’s a daily one, with cool cat pictures on each day. I keep it on my desk. I really like it, and don’t need any additional ones. Thanks though.
  • Options

I 1000% agree with rewarding the people who don't care about the game enough to play, and ignoring the people who play every day!!!.......🙄

That is also not what's happening here.
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

Don’t know why no one else is talking about this cool calendar that Kabam just started. I’m guessing it’s like a EoP hype calendar event. It’s free rewards so I’m not complaining :)

When's the last you logged into that account?
    Sometime last week I believe

Definitely its for a whale account.
    I can quit the game for 30 years and I won't get this calender when I log back in 2050.
    Ahh, would be nice to get it. But then again it's how kabam run their game.
    I got an ultimate crystals few months ago as a free gift. Im thankful for the 110 4* shards and 2 5k bricks of iso.
    I don't mind them doing these things

I’m FTP lmao
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    For those asking a calender too because they actively play this game on regular basis , That's what Summoner Appreciation is for! Previous year kabam ruined Summoner Appreciation completely . If this year also they ruin the Summoner Appreciation thing then I might be seeing more people leaving the game than the people returning back to it ngl.
  • Options
    Skywalker3221Skywalker3221 Posts: 156 ★★

You do understand that by giving this to people who have NOT been playing while offering nothing to those who have, could make summoners stop play just to get these easy rewards… way to go.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Question is, how long do you have to have not been playing for?

Could one reasonably earn those rewards in that time anyway?