**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

T1As, where are they at?

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Here it is simple. if 5*s are the future of the game, the ratio needed to rank them is out of balance with what is available in the game, they even require less t4bs for equivalent rank to 4*s but for some reason 3-5x the amount of alphas for equivalent rank. its not like we can rank many r4s as t2as are a sensible bottleneck so if kabam realises we are short of alphas, why have they left it so much harder to rank 5*s than 4*s to r5,
    Might want to check the math you think supports that conclusion because it is horrendously flawed. T1a can be acquired at a much faster rate than t4b. Clearly Kabam can math so they know you are not short on alphas unless you are trying to r2 evrery 5 Star without going any further.
  • Options
    xNig wrote: »
    Interesting topic.

So if Kabam increases T1A availability, the next shortage will be.. T4B. Then T4B will be asked to be increased, if allowed, will cause champs to not come in as fast as the upgrade resources. The next cry will be about shard intake, followed by T4CC being used too fast, then T1A, then T4B.. Goes one big circle.

Managing resources is part of the game. It's not perfectly balanced, and it will never be. Different categories of players have different walls to overcome and different resources in shortages.

That's true: there will always be a bottleneck somewhere, which is why I said the fact that there's a shortage doesn't mean there's a problem: by definition there will always be one. The question for me is whether the T1A costs make sense given the resource costs for all other rank ups. It takes more T1As to rank up a 5* from rank 1 to rank 2 than it does to rank up a 4* from rank 1 to rank 5. You could argue that 5* champions are stronger or higher in the progression ladder so it makes sense they would cost more resources to rank them up, but the T1A is an anomaly here: it doesn't cost the same wildly higher amount in T4B or T3C. And even the costs to rank up a 5* to rank 4, which is currently the best possible rank up you can do in the game costs only a moderate amount of T4B and T4CC compared to ranking up a 4* from rank 4 to rank 5, but it costs far more T1A.

In every MMO I've ever played, this inversion of bottleneck only happens in two circumstances, and only two. First: it is sometimes used to drive in-game economies by giving high players a bottleneck that lower players can satisfy and vice versa, to encourage trade between those tiers of player. Second: the developers made an error.

In any case, that's why I'm not in favor of making T1A more available. I am only in favor of reexamining the rank up costs for 5* champions because they do not appear to be designed properly.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    "5*s are the future" is not a statement made by the game team. That was the Players. The value and rarity of 5*s is still the same. They're introducing a new rarity. That's all it is. While there is a shift, it's not as extreme as the reaction. Meaning, the statement that 5*s are the future is premature. That's the whole heart of the issue. There's a rush to Rank 5*s because there's a new rarity being introduced.

When you get to the top tier, it's a different mentality, and hence, the stem of this argument.

There is a bottleneck of progression, is the actual issue at hand, which is due directly to the unequal distribution of required resources to progress.

You won't be saying this when only the "top tier" are getting T5 basics in AQ while the other 90% won't reach them...

Thought so, when that happens you will be telling everyone else there isn't a problem.

But there is no bottleneck for t1 alphas, you can get 5 a week just from the glory store, add in 1 every 3 days, 1 from arena and then greater solo crystals AND new event quests... so that's on you if your not.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I agree with so many of these comments but to tell us alphas is not a bottleneck is ignorant, if most people say it is... then that's probably the best definition of whether it is or not. As I said before I spend most of my glory on alphas and get every one available in game, apart from alliance arena milestones, sometimes we miss that. The logical thing for me is to rank up my 5*s now. I have no need to rank up any more 4*s I have already done almost all of the god tier, at this stage in my game t1as are my bottleneck, anybody arguing about what my bottleneck is for what I want to achieve in my logic is being ignorant, but yes it's true you can argue I shouldn't r2 my 5*s..... what should I do with my hard earnt t4bs and t4cs then, I find an imbalance in my game for what I want to achieve, that's me, loads of people seem to agreee with me, that's interesting, those of you saying there are enough available are clearly trying to achieve something else in the game.
    The other argument I accept is that I could start doing more map 3s, we have a retirement alliance who I may join soon because they run map 3, that is probably the best course of action for me and one I see quite a few people taking right now to temporarily stock up on t1as and use their accumulated t4bs.
    My query is is that a normal progression of the game and one kabam should be encouraging? I'm f2p ever since 12.0 so I can't comment but surely a lot of the revenue kabam makes on revives is from the t4c alliances competing at high levels, if they all realise that they have enough t4cs and the best course of action to utilise those is to run map 3.
    Doesn't seem like a logical business model for kabam to be encouraging?
  • Options
    KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    I have 27, want some?
  • Options
    Apex1212Apex1212 Posts: 185
    Lmao there in the glory store dude.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Lmao this gets funnier by the minute.
  • Options
    @Renegade_Doggy I feel you a bit but what fun would the game be for you "higher" guys if they gave them away so easily it won't be no anticipation what so ever to rank up your champs like it's nothing if you have all the items every time you get a new champ just wait and stop being so impatient I it'll come your not missing out on a anything if you're at that level

For the people who are complaining have you ever played a game with cheats it's fun at first but when you can get everything so easily and know it won't be hard to get what you want the game will get bored after a while because it's not taking no time or much effort to earn what you want but
  • Options
    T1A can be gotten through 800,000 milestone in arena, glory store, valor store, solo crystals, and sundays Teir 1 & Tier 3 class catalyst clash. I have never seen one from a tier two and think i remember reading that they arent obtainable from teir two but i could be mistaken
  • Options
    King crooks I need about 27 at the moment
  • Options
    That's only enough for a r3 and a r4 5* both of which I'm planning as soon as I get the alphas for
  • Options
    That's only enough for a r3 and a r4 5* both of which I'm planning as soon as I get the alphas for

Lmfao, wants more than two end game rank ups a month. Of course you have a problem with those expectations.
  • Options
    Maybe I need to stop pulling decent 5* champs and pulling t4bs from my map 5 crystals, doesnt seem Like a logical solution to me
  • Options
    Maybe I need to stop pulling decent 5* champs and pulling t4bs from my map 5 crystals, doesnt seem Like a logical solution to me
    If you are getting stupid lucky with your map crystals to a point where they provide overflow that sounds like a smart plan. Although it doesn’t matter if you still open those 5* as it’s not like they leave your roster if you do not rank them right away.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @CoquiFongo @CoatHang3r is against more being available because he has a 600k account and ranked his champs when everyone had more alphas than they could possibly use. Now he just doesn't need to rank champs very often and feels that no one else should be able to either. At least his style of argumentation is gracious though lol.
  • Options
    I agree with so many of these comments but to tell us alphas is not a bottleneck is ignorant, if most people say it is... then that's probably the best definition of whether it is or not.

That's what everyone says when popular opinion agrees with them. And then when popular opinion doesn't they throw that out very quickly.
    As I said before I spend most of my glory on alphas and get every one available in game, apart from alliance arena milestones, sometimes we miss that.

Just buying two alphas per AQ cycle should get you approximately eight per week (eight every 32 days). Completing the monthly event should get you five. You should be getting at least five a month from alliance events if you say you're mostly missing the arena ones. That's eighteen a month minimum, not counting special event sources like valor, and spending way less than half your glory.
    The logical thing for me is to rank up my 5*s now. I have no need to rank up any more 4*s I have already done almost all of the god tier, at this stage in my game t1as are my bottleneck, anybody arguing about what my bottleneck is for what I want to achieve in my logic is being ignorant

If you are getting eighteen T1A per month, how many rank ups does that fuel. If you're ranking up to R2 that's three plus some extra, if you are ranking up to R3 you have enough to do one 5* to rank 2 and one 5* to rank 3 from scratch. If you wanted to do two 5* champs to rank 3 from scratch you'd need twenty T1A. That would require buying two more T1A with glory, one more every other week. 775 glory to get two, 1425 glory to get three. The average cost becomes 1100 glory per week. That should still be only about half your glory per week for an expert tier alliance.

So the question for me is, how many rank ups are you trying to do per month on average, and how many T1As would that require, and where are the T1As going now. Either you are earning a lot less than I calculate you should be getting given your description of how you earn them, or you must be trying to rank up a lot more than two 5* champions from rank 1 to rank 3 per month.
    The other argument I accept is that I could start doing more map 3s, we have a retirement alliance who I may join soon because they run map 3, that is probably the best course of action for me and one I see quite a few people taking right now to temporarily stock up on t1as and use their accumulated t4bs.

I'd be curious to get some numbers from someone actually doing this, because I can't make the math work out for it. The cost in lowered glory far outweighs any amount of T1As you can possibly earn doing this when I run the numbers.
  • Options
    it's too late now but throwing in some T1A shards into the bounty quests would have been a great idea. maybe then they wouldn't have been a complete failure and 15 people would have done them so people could have gotten the 100 5star shards.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    We got 15 to join every time except once in awhile when most people were asleep. But I agree that would've been nice.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    funny to read low players comment, yes T1A are in AQ MAP3 but WE top alliance dont do MAP3 only FULL MAP6 , i have gold ,t4b t4c by hundreds but no t1a... all my 5* needed to be at r3 so put t1a on map 5/6 crystals again .... and we dont care on t4c shard crystal when we complete a map6 shoulb be reward like map5 t4b shards or introduce small amount on t1a shards.... 1st time i have so much tb4 because on cybermonday deals only have t4b...no t1a..

What do you want? Rank up every single champ you get right away. Dont open crystals and wait the due time to accrue all resources. I am not lower tier. I play in a 13 million alliance with 3 rank 4 5 stars and 14 rank 3 5 stars. The complaints about T1A are utterly ridiculous. People dont know how to administer their rosters.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Here it is simple. if 5*s are the future of the game, the ratio needed to rank them is out of balance with what is available in the game, they even require less t4bs for equivalent rank to 4*s but for some reason 3-5x the amount of alphas for equivalent rank. its not like we can rank many r4s as t2as are a sensible bottleneck so if kabam realises we are short of alphas, why have they left it so much harder to rank 5*s than 4*s to r5,
    Might want to check the math you think supports that conclusion because it is horrendously flawed. T1a can be acquired at a much faster rate than t4b. Clearly Kabam can math so they know you are not short on alphas unless you are trying to r2 evrery 5 Star without going any further.

you are..stupid and stay on low progression for u, 5* at r2 give me sick i dont play with them i have 118 t4c unopened for sure i will never open them with map5/6 cr with t4c shards cr can be formed no need t4c cr...and i cant use my golds and my isos always i need to sold them.. this game is an rpg game collect champ and rankup ,farm farm farm materials but t1a are not enough anymore, last year yes we sold our t1a..they take out on map5 cr thats why players have less t1a now
    Stupid? Right you are the one who thinks talking about arena cutoffs determines them. I’ve seen you multiple times in streams crying about their guesstimates, begging you tubers to stop the practice. Not sure why I’m bothering to have a discussion with someone of such low intellegence.

Now that we we’ve insulted each other, cause I guess that what one does on the internet before you can actually get to a discussion, I wouldn’t say I’m low progression I get every champ, shard and rank up material available to me and can only rank newly released 4* from arenas and then focus on the 5* I find worthy, I’m guessing you think every 5 star is worthy given your attitude so of course you have a problem with t1a. Grats on having 118 t4c I guess but that doesn’t mean you are not earning t1a at a reasonable rate just that you’ve earned a lot to t4c cause you’re hardcore, grats? You’ll never be given the t1a and t4b to utilize those materials as Kabam cannot let your roster far exceed the middle of the pack or it would create a gross imbalance in what little competition there is available in this game and when your alliance went to recruit there would be very few people who could match your level of progression which would end your game. So anyways I’m ranting at this point.

You prolly spend your glory on t2a and moan about your lack of t1a cause well you're focus is there. And you’ll never play with 90% of your roaster in any lasting capacity so get over having to look at r2s your r2s should be those you want to r3 but you keep dumping your limited resources into useless and enraging r2s for some reason.

BTW I can’t use my gold nor iso as well and have left t4c to rot a couple of times already but I’m not going to have a fit and support flawed reasoning, flat out lies and hyperbole in an attempt to change that. Moral terpitude, live it.

If you want to go back to selling t1a go ahead and spend every last bit of glory on them and you’ll reach a point where you can sell them again but it’s much smarter to just buy the t2a like you’ve been doing with that glory. However if your goal is to return to selling t1a just ask Kabam to go back to the old AQ rewards system where you got map1-3 crystals and an alpha as reward instead of glory, but I’m guessing that’s not really what you want, what you want is to have your cake and eat it to.
  • Options
    SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    It’s not like Kabam listens anyways. T4b’s & t1a’s have been scarce the last year or so. We constantly come here & say this.... has anything been done about it? Nope & won’t be because they’re beyond greedy & wanna over charge us for these simple items & make them scarce so we actually buy them. Their greed will be their downfall, we’ll all eventually get sick of it & quit. I understand they wanna make as much money as possible, it’s a business, I get that but there’s a fine line between making money & being down right greedy
  • Options
    No one's stopping you guys from doing lower maps just saying and it is not a scarce item until it is a very high demand item with a super low supply but that's clearly not the case
  • Options
    It’s not like Kabam listens anyways. T4b’s & t1a’s have been scarce the last year or so. We constantly come here & say this.... has anything been done about it? Nope & won’t be because they’re beyond greedy & wanna over charge us for these simple items & make them scarce so we actually buy them. Their greed will be their downfall, we’ll all eventually get sick of it & quit. I understand they wanna make as much money as possible, it’s a business, I get that but there’s a fine line between making money & being down right greedy

I'm afraid you're being irrational here. There's no practical way to buy T1A with cash, so accusing Kabam of greed doesn't make sense.

Whenever someone doesn't like something Kabam is doing, someone always accuses them of being greedy. Its the easy thing to slam them with. Not that long ago someone accused Kabam of being greedy because they don't sell T2A.

If you could prove the numbers demonstrate a critical problem with resource earning, I'd certainly listen. But the numbers I look at show that T1A might be unbalanced relative to T4B rank up costs for 5* champs, but they are not in short supply and aren't even less available than AQ season 3. They don't drop *automatically* as often, but the glory we currently get is enough to account for more T1As than we used to get in S3 on top of buying more everything else than in S3, except possibly for the absolute top alliances - like single digit top.

It might currently be the bottleneck many players are running into, but I don't see a quantitative explanation for why the bottleneck is an unreasonable one.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 that's a fair statement, there will always be a bottleneck resource, and for other commenters here to say it isn't t1as for me (I've only ever said that for my style of play and goals that t1as is my bottleneck) is bizarre/arrogant, I need about 25 t1as to currently matchup to my other resources and the ranks that I have planned, and as I have said that's because I want to focus on 5*s now, the only thing I can say to your statement is it is just a bit strange that my bottleneck is the most basic resource but maybe that's just my OCD
    To qualify this statement for you nitpickers I regard a bottleneck resource as the one I have to consistently spend glory (and this month Valor on)
  • Options
    @DNA3000 that's a fair statement, there will always be a bottleneck resource, and for other commenters here to say it isn't t1as for me (I've only ever said that for my style of play and goals that t1as is my bottleneck) is bizarre/arrogant, I need about 25 t1as to currently matchup to my other resources and the ranks that I have planned, and as I have said that's because I want to focus on 5*s now, the only thing I can say to your statement is it is just a bit strange that my bottleneck is the most basic resource but maybe that's just my OCD
    To qualify this statement for you nitpickers I regard a bottleneck resource as the one I have to consistently spend glory (and this month Valor on)

I agree it is unusual. I even agree that it is probably caused by improper design of rank up costs on 5* champions. I'm all in favor of reviewing that. The only thing I can't see is how the bottleneck itself is as severe as some have implied it to be.

Now, the fact you have to spend glory on it might be intentional, because glory replaced a lot of resources we used to get in season three. Different players would be spending glory on different things, but it seems that on top of giving us enough glory to buy everything we used to get and more, they *also* increased the amount of T4CC that most alliances in the expert tier that aren't the very top alliances currently get. It is enough that you *could* choose to not spend glory on T4CC because that's no longer the bottleneck, but I consider it a good thing that they gave you the option the spend glory on something else. The alternative would have been that they didn't introduce the glory store and we all continued to get Season 3 rewards plus more T4CC. That would have made it impossible for anyone to say they nerfed the T1A rewards (because they would be exactly the same) but most players would be in a worse situation.

By my calculations you were probably getting three or four T1A drops a month in S3, but you are currently getting enough glory to easily buy eight a month and still have enough glory left over to rebuy everything else you used to get in season 3. That may be odd, but it does seem better to me.

I should also point out that in many if not most MMOs the very top players tend to have a similar problem: they are powerful enough to get a lot of the highest value resources that most players cannot get easily, so their bottlenecks become the lower tier resources that aren't a problem for anyone else. Its what happens when the pyramid of resources that goes from the bottom up runs into the game limits that constrain players from the top down. Its kind of like a really rich person that has five yachts but runs out of milk. At some point the limiting factor is not how much money you have but how much stuff there even is to buy. Someone with a thousand times my buying power can buy a lot more yachts, but he can't actually buy a thousand times more cartons of milk for his fridge.
  • Options
    MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Are people really getting t1 alphas from solo crystals? I hit tons of milestones in all events, and have opened thousands of greater solo crystals....I have yet to pull a single alpha from them. All I get are boosts, sig stones, and awakening gems.
  • Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Simple, one-line-of-code solution to most of this mess. Just increase what people are able to hold. The limits were probably based on old accumulation and ranking rates. Instead of just 8 t4cc, why not let people hold 10? 12?

- Will at least help alleviate some pressure in the short term
    - Is probably over due since higher level rankings now require more items anyway
    - Will quell the mob and show good faith
    - Doesn't mess with rates or anything more complex
This discussion has been closed.