**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds: Another way to be punished for connection issues

CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
Internet traffic is much like road traffic, it is neither universally fast nor universally slow for everyone, everywhere. The fastest route from where you are to the destination can change based on conditions. However, my experience has always been that regardless of my speed, it has always been difficult for me to get to Kabam's servers in a timely manner (or at least for them to process my requests).

The pulsing red signal icon is all too familiar. Get booted out of arena from a connection loss? Ok, I can still win 2 of 3.
Win an AQ match with full health and have to do it all over again with 50% health. That's frustrating.
Loss connection in AW... that's a "death" that could punish my whole alliance. Nice one.
Battlegrounds seems to be full of insidious ways to punish the player for a slower connection.
1) I've had selection screens skipped and picks from my deck offscreen, presumably because it thought I was taking too long, when actually I never got the screen at all.
2) The countdown to the fight screen ticks down to zero and then just freezes. Then miraculously it loads except that you only have 50 seconds to finish the fight.

I understand that Kabam want a quick and streamlined experience, but if they can't sync that experience for the players - it is ruined for those that already have a compromised experience.

I really hope that Kabam iron this out before the final release... otherwise this competitive mode isn't going to be very competitive for some.

Comments

• psp742psp742 Posts: 2,302 ★★★★
    edited May 2022
    I just had a match and the bg loading bug did me dirty.. it was stuck on 0 sec loading for a long time and only started my match with 23 sec remaining (this is absolutely bs).. my opponent got full time to take down my defender while I got 23secs time to do my entire match.

It's not my opponents fault.. but beta has got to be better than this.. I also get match with a lot of thronebreaker or paragon accounts with multiple rank3 rank4 6*.. very nice and fair competition, right?
    Battleground just randomly pick one of my champions as defender.. I didn't get chance to pick.. BS really beta as excuse.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    So the disagrees are people that don't have connection issues? Or do they think it's a non-issue if the connection issue eats your selection and fight times? Or... it's a beta, it doesn't matter... well, it will matter if it stays the same going live.

Enlighten me since no one commented.
    I really hate trolls that randomly click on 'dislike' for no reason.. not sure if the topic discussed concerns them or not.. I really hope Kabam rolls out a permanent fix for the game control issues and other various backdoor issues allowing unscrupulous individuals from taking advantage over other honest summoners.