Aw tier bug? Was tier 3 in off season but now tier 4.

OurbeeOurbee Member Posts: 92
As the title says, my alliance was tier 3 at the end of last season, all wars in off season were tier 3 (obviously ratings can't increase or decrease in off season).

But now season has started, my allaince has dropped to tier 4.

Can someone from Kabam explain this please?

Comments

• OurbeeOurbee Member Posts: 92
    Can provide pictures too if required showing tier 3 last war and now tier 4.
    Right, so why would that mean we've moved down a tier?
  • ThecurlerThecurler Member Posts: 876 ★★★★
    Same happened at my alliance. Finished last season tier 2. Starting this season tier 3.
  • OgizOgiz Member Posts: 9

This is a reply from kabam regarding the drop of AW Tier Map. Come on kabam! Give us a better explanation. Tier 6 alliance wont be able to clear a tier 4 nor tier 3 map.
    If what is said there is that an. Allaince at the top of tier 6, will still score in off season and could climb into the bottom of tier 5 (displacing a tier 5 allaince), well firstly that's a huge disadvantage to the tier 5 alliance and unfair as they can do nothing about it, but even if that were the case, that wouldn't expalin how a tier 1, tier 2, tier 3 or even tier 4 allaince would be affected.

@Kabam Miike you are normally very good at explaining stuff to us meer mortals, could you please expalin this to us as the reply above doesn't make sense nor does it add up.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Member Posts: 876 ★★★★
    This happens every season. I assume what happens is some crazy 1 and 2 bg matchups during off season. E.g. higher tier alliances matching a t6 or lower alliance then playing on the lower map and as a consequence their war rating goes up with the inevitable win.
    They should freeze all war ratings during off season, simple.
    T

Another replied and saying that, they base the Map from others. That’s not fair. Why base the progress of an ally from others especially if they are lower. So if we are paired to a lower tier and we played against them and their Map is activated on us, and our Map was activated on theirs, then basically, they win coz they will have a better and higher multiplier and they will move up the rankings quicker coz they have a bigger multiplier.

I strongly agree that they should just freeze the scoring during off season.

This is just ridiculous explanation!
    Lol what’s the point of having off season and no scoring system if they will just move you?!. Alliance work hard to get where they are, then suddenly the system move them down just because less people are playing AW during offseason. It’s not our fault that less people play during off season. They made it like that. The AW rating doesn’t go up nor down but they can move the tier that an alliance supposed to be and worst is going down. Lol what a perfect system!
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,340 Guardian
    Ogiz said:

Another replied and saying that, they base the Map from others. That’s not fair. Why base the progress of an ally from others especially if they are lower. So if we are paired to a lower tier and we played against them and their Map is activated on us, and our Map was activated on theirs, then basically, they win coz they will have a better and higher multiplier and they will move up the rankings quicker coz they have a bigger multiplier.

I strongly agree that they should just freeze the scoring during off season.

This is just ridiculous explanation!

That is not what their response was saying.

When you match against someone from a different Tier, there is basically a coin toss to determine which Map/Tier you BOTH will play on (the SAME map/tier).
    It's not that you will play on theirs and they play on yours (as you inferred).

Also, the Multiplier used (2nd point) does not come into play when determining who wins and loses. The war's scoring is done using flat points. Multiplier is only used after win/loss is determined (and only during an actual season, not off-season) when calculating how many Season Points you get credited with.
    And similar to first point, both teams don’t swap their multipliers with each other.