**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Eternity of Pain Class Nexus Selector Tool

21Eggatron21Eggatron Posts: 92 ★★
edited May 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Hello all,

So last year, for Summer of Pain, KT1 made a really amazing tool to help people make a decision about what 6* Class Nexus to pick. I updated it and with his permission am now making it available to the community. I have it lined up so that it currently lists every champion that will be in the Basic Pool by the time we receive the crystal.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zmGeb4Kk2GFQrAwBw1-GgYDxmvlo1FCklD4HBGA_HQs/edit?usp=sharing

As the top line says, you have to first make a copy for you to be able to edit. There should be an example copy that is viewable as well.

I hope others find it as useful as I have. Enjoy, and thanks again KT!
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Good lookin' out.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    Man, I wished you hadn't posted this. I was all ready to go Cosmic and try to get a Hyperion dupe or Herc, but now I'm heavily leaning towards science.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Love me some spreadsheets.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Why should the probability of individual positions within the nexus be different? It's not like we can get the same champ twice or more in a nexus, so we have to apply the one success, two misses independent probabilities regardless of when the champion appears. Which is also why the "total" probability makes no sense to me in this case.

@DNA3000 If you could take the time to clarify this
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    Thanks!
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    No tool needed in my case.
    I have r4 gem rotting in the inventory.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Malreck04 said:

Why should the probability of individual positions within the nexus be different? It's not like we can get the same champ twice or more in a nexus, so we have to apply the one success, two misses independent probabilities regardless of when the champion appears. Which is also why the "total" probability makes no sense to me in this case.

@DNA3000 If you could take the time to clarify this

If I understand KT1’s spreadsheet correctly, the “first, second, third” chances listed are the odds of one of your choices showing up in the first spot, then progressively the odds of one of your choices showing up in the second and third spots assuming none show up earlier. They have nothing to with the overall chance listed which is computed independently and directly by binomial expansion. They seem to be more of a “for fun” calculation on the sheet.

The nexus calculations for each spot aren’t independent calculations because the pulls aren’t independent. If there are 41 champs in the pool then the first spot can be one of 41 champs. But the second can only be one of 40 champs because it can’t duplicate the first. The third spot will be one of 39 for similar reasons.

Something to help think about the situation. A hypothetical 41 spot nexus would have a 100% chance to drop what you want (from a pool of 41) because in a sense every spot would be determined. The order could be different but every champ must appear exactly once by force. If you consider why this is, and what the math must look like, it becomes more obvious why each spot calculates differently.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Ahh, thanks. I was making a logical mistake by subconsciously assuming success=pulling one specific champ (which is not necessarily the case) which would prevent multiple successes in a single nexus.