Options

Now that we've got EoP Week 4, what are your plans for Week 5?

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
Who do you plan to bring for the last week? Keep in mind you can bring 3 champs, but you'll have to beat all 4 bosses. First, I'll go through a few top counters to refresh everyone's memory:
Week 1: Crossbones
  • Dragon Man
  • Omega Red
  • Sentinel
  • Most bleed immunes
Week 2: Ikaris
  • Ronan
  • Ronan again just to make sure you see it
  • BWCV
  • Sym Supreme
Week 3: Blade
  • Domino
  • BWDO
  • Shang-Chi
  • Really anyone if you've got some skills
Week 4: Dormammu
  • Spider-Ham
  • Mr. Negative
  • Spider-Gwen
  • Vision
So now just remember that these are some suggested counters, and they also factor into what the objectives were for that week, and which champs fit those objectives. These champs on the list are not all the champs you could use, just some that people used. That said, who do you think you'll fit into your 3 team group? I think Ronan is as close to a must-have as you'll get. This might be pretty controversial, but I'd prefer to just not even have to think about one of the fights. But for all intensive purposes, I'll assume that most people will tackle Ikaris with a non-ronan champ. Plus, there's not another champ that's a cheese option for a fight. There are good counters and great counters, but he's above that level

So you look at Week 1, you need a bleed immune or someone who's going to reduce bleeds. If you bring BWCV, she might be able to take both Crossbones and Ikaris, which would kill two birds with one stone.

In terms of week 2, a mystic would be your best option to be able to nullify the energizes and not get the power detonation.

Then, for week 3, it's really just a toss up. While there are champs that excel for the fight, there's not one GREAT counter, at least not one that I've seen yet. I think if you don't have an empty slot to bring someone just for Blade, use someone that you're using for one of the other 3 and just use a revive or two.

Now, finally, there's the Week 4 Dormammu. As you've probably seen, a lot of different champs can counter the fight. A lot of people will say champs that work for the objectives are best, but there are some champs that just destroy the fight in general. She-Hulk being one, she can finish it in under 2 minutes in the right circumstances. Also, Spider-Ham and Mr. Negative do a great job with countering the degen damage while also providing some great damage back.

So, if this event was released right now, I would probably bring a team of BWCV (for Crossbones and Ikaris), Miles (for Blade), and Spider-Ham (for Dormammu).

I just wanted to create a discussion for people to give their ideas on who you would use for next week's boss rush. What are your ideas?

Comments

• Options

Then, for week 3, it's really just a toss up. While there are champs that excel for the fight, there's not one GREAT counter, at least not one that I've seen yet.

forget this, forgot about miles
  • Options

I think it’s really hard considering we don’t know the objectives, we could spend hours team building and get blindsided by the specific champs we need.

Having said that, Tigra handles 2 of the fights with Ikaris and Blade, then I’d probably go CGR or Dragon man who can take both crossbones and dormammu, then one spot for whoever I think is the tougher match up there. Depends on the order as well, if the final week is in the order of release then I’d bring negative for dormammu.

That means I could restart until I solo crossbones, tigra takes Ikaris and Blade, then negative for dormammu.

That’s a good point. I saw the leak said they go in order of week by week, but that could change
  • Options
    GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited June 2022
    I'm bringing KG, BWCV, and BWDO but as others have mentioned, the objectives are what might cause changes
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 704 ★★★
    I’m looking at Omega Sentinel, Prof X and Ham.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Is there going to be a fifth boss?
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Herc so far has se very fast kills for each boss scxluding dorm so he's a must. But depends on how the objectives are. If it's only to defeat then can we just bring then tk 1% and then kill using req champ?
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Just for the fights ??

-Dragon man for xbones
    -Voodoo for Ikarus
    - AA for Blade
    - Spider Gwen for Dorm
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Grind a bunch of revives and muscle through whatever objectives I can do in one run through.
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    No plans for Week 5 till now. Let it be released out first. Objectives will be deciding factors else fights weren't tough anyways.
  • Options
    The thing with objectives is that we have no idea what they could be since it’s 3 champs not one. It could be “complete it with one mystic, one cosmic, and one tech” or “complete it with 3 #XL champs” we just have no idea, so I guess it’s all speculations
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,268 ★★★★★
    Revive farming for best case scenario.
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 205 ★★
    My plan is waiting for the final objetives.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,184 ★★★★
    Rillian said:

This convo is fun but mostly pointless. If you are TB, and most of us are, there is ZERO reward for a clear without also clearing most of the objectives. If you cannot be sure you can guarantee getting 4 points. Stop, think, plan and practice.

This is where the pain begins.

Don’t be the guy who gets 50 revives deep then realises they’re stuck on 15 points…

I haven’t taken this year half as seriously as last year so I’m much less well prepared.

This is exactly it. Next milestone requires a clear AND completing the 3 new objectives. If you just get a clear and 2 objectives... you wont get the final milestone.

Right now I'm not planning to do the final week, unless I can somehow get all objectives in a single clear in which case I'll weigh up difficulty vs potential cost.

I know I'm not a great player and used some revives to complete some weeks so am being realistic for my own ability and that's what my comments are based on.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    These threads are almost pointless unless we know the objectives
    It could be just as simple as using class specific champs like last year, or as complicated as use 3 champs of 1 class or 1 category or something like that
    IMO it will be something between both of these extremes
    But I'm pretty sure the 5 point distribution will be 1 point fr each fight & 1 point fr completion
    Hopefully the structure is like Boss rush where we have to do it just once
  • Options
    Avi146Avi146 Posts: 313 ★★

Who do you plan to bring for the last week? Keep in mind you can bring 3 champs, but you'll have to beat all 4 bosses. First, I'll go through a few top counters to refresh everyone's memory:
    Week 1: Crossbones

• Dragon Man
    • Omega Red
    • Sentinel
    • Most bleed immunes
    Week 2: Ikaris
    • Ronan
    • Ronan again just to make sure you see it
    • BWCV
    • Sym Supreme
    Week 3: Blade
    • Domino
    • BWDO
    • Shang-Chi
    • Really anyone if you've got some skills
    Week 4: Dormammu
    • Spider-Ham
    • Mr. Negative
    • Spider-Gwen
    • Vision
    So now just remember that these are some suggested counters, and they also factor into what the objectives were for that week, and which champs fit those objectives. These champs on the list are not all the champs you could use, just some that people used. That said, who do you think you'll fit into your 3 team group? I think Ronan is as close to a must-have as you'll get. This might be pretty controversial, but I'd prefer to just not even have to think about one of the fights. But for all intensive purposes, I'll assume that most people will tackle Ikaris with a non-ronan champ. Plus, there's not another champ that's a cheese option for a fight. There are good counters and great counters, but he's above that level

So you look at Week 1, you need a bleed immune or someone who's going to reduce bleeds. If you bring BWCV, she might be able to take both Crossbones and Ikaris, which would kill two birds with one stone.

In terms of week 2, a mystic would be your best option to be able to nullify the energizes and not get the power detonation.

Then, for week 3, it's really just a toss up. While there are champs that excel for the fight, there's not one GREAT counter, at least not one that I've seen yet. I think if you don't have an empty slot to bring someone just for Blade, use someone that you're using for one of the other 3 and just use a revive or two.

Now, finally, there's the Week 4 Dormammu. As you've probably seen, a lot of different champs can counter the fight. A lot of people will say champs that work for the objectives are best, but there are some champs that just destroy the fight in general. She-Hulk being one, she can finish it in under 2 minutes in the right circumstances. Also, Spider-Ham and Mr. Negative do a great job with countering the degen damage while also providing some great damage back.

So, if this event was released right now, I would probably bring a team of BWCV (for Crossbones and Ikaris), Miles (for Blade), and Spider-Ham (for Dormammu).

I just wanted to create a discussion for people to give their ideas on who you would use for next week's boss rush. What are your ideas?

Professor X did Ikaris and Dormammu for me
    Ultron can do blade and crossbones
    (Sadly I don’t have Claire)
    Maybe I’ll bring someone like Miles Morales
    Cause Blade for me was the worst boss…
    Because of frustrating A.I. That refused to throw sp1s
    Took me 10 tries
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    It’s all depends on objectives. Their objectives may wipe out your selection easily. I wish I could get that 4 points to 16.

• Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,603 ★★★★
    I'm at 11pts but will it be possible to get only 1pt from week 5?
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,726 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    edit: Never mind, it was a dumb question.
  • Options
    HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,370 ★★★★★
    Nothing that hasn't been mentioned yet:
    -Stock up on potions
    -Team/s will depend on objectives
    -Hold on to big rank ups
    -Get other stuff that might get in the way done asap
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,783 ★★★★★
    I'll wait for the objectives to pop up before I even begin to strategize. I don't even know how they could potentially look. I mean, consider the difference between "You have to have an #Offensive: Burst champion on your team" or "You have to use an #Offensive: Burst champion in all fights." If it's the former, you can easily play around it. If it's the latter, things are likely going to get hairy.