**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Uhhh what is this war match

My team who is plat 3 atm playing for plat 2 just got matched with the team who is masters 2.. second best team on leaderboard. And we have a 400 war rating difference… uhhhh help

Comments

• SwolecowsSwolecows Posts: 11
    This reminds me of like old school wars, really thought this shouldn’t be happening anymore 😬
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    i wonder what the issue was there. was it the game being bugged out, lots of alliances not doing wars for some reason?, or is there really a justifiable reason things are this bad?
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    That's really unfair matchup. My condolences. But if you win, that will be awesome . Still you will learn something from it. Still unfair match up. Rooting for you
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 765 ★★★
    even the +/- for winning/losing illustrates that the algorithm knows this is wrong.

I'm curious to see the equivalent screenshot from someone in that alliance are they getting "screwed" out of not having maximum point potential, or are they getting an "easier" matchup (no disrespect, just going off the #s / whole point of this thread).
  • SwolecowsSwolecows Posts: 11
    Tbf they are #2 on leaderboards atm. Wiped out defense with just dying twice. If anything it screws over GT40 cause I doubt they got an easy matchup like that. And no we didn’t win lol, wasn’t even close 🤣🤣 @Kabam Miike tagging you just to maybe look into this so it possibly doesn’t happen anymore 😅
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Pls explain in fortnite terms /s
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I have no idea how the shell game works in alliance war, but must conclude that it does work.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

I have no idea how the shell game works in alliance war, but must conclude that it does work.

It actually failed miserably if they got the lower map and hence a lower multiplier which is what happened from what I understand.

Lovejoy72 said:

It actually failed miserably if they got the lower map and hence a lower multiplier which is what happened from what I understand.
    It looks like they jumped to the #2 spot, somehow.
  • TonyViegas1990TonyViegas1990 Posts: 64
    unfortunately the matchmaking is **** up, in the previous war there were alliances that won and lost double AW rating, this time there were these meaningless matchups. it has nothing to do with Shell, and in terms of the multiplication of points it corresponds to the tier in which each alliance is located, there is no difference
  • Mad_Titan_ThanosMad_Titan_Thanos Posts: 77

Lovejoy72 said:

False actually. XK9 got tier 1 points, just a really bs match. This is another example, in which GD got t1 points while we got t2

Lovejoy72 said:

False actually. XK9 got tier 1 points, just a really bs match. This is another example, in which GD got t1 points while we got t2

Definitely not how it used to work. My current alliance missed on master twice bc of matching a lower tier map and getting the lower multiplier

Lovejoy72 said:

Definitely not how it used to work. My current alliance missed on master twice bc of matching a lower tier map and getting the lower multiplier
    Agreed. This feels like a change to accommodate matching challenges at the top.
    Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Agreed. This feels like a change to accommodate matching challenges at the top.
    Interesting to see honestly. Just makes the people they matched getting screwed that much worse
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Sadly XK9 are shelling every season, this is a coward move, and results in **** like this happening.
    First of all XK9 only shells for two seasons, not every season as you mentioned there. according to what happened, it has nothing to do with the shell, but with matchmaking, which has already been broken for two wars, with differences between winning and losing twice the AW rating as an out-of-frame match as you well know. and what happened today even worse. It wasn't just XK9 that had a match like this, there were more tier1 alliances that had it, there were tier3 alliances that got it from tier6. As I said it has nothing to do with shell. last season with shell we caught a lot of master and top3 alliances.

F&G
    x5e
    MI-BR
    Salty
    J•A
    PBT
    GT40
    NewN
    x5e
    TCN
    DSVG
    J•A

XK9 last season
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

First of all XK9 only shells for two seasons, not every season as you mentioned there. according to what happened, it has nothing to do with the shell, but with matchmaking, which has already been broken for two wars, with differences between winning and losing twice the AW rating as an out-of-frame match as you well know. and what happened today even worse. It wasn't just XK9 that had a match like this, there were more tier1 alliances that had it, there were tier3 alliances that got it from tier6. As I said it has nothing to do with shell. last season with shell we caught a lot of master and top3 alliances.

F&G
    x5e
    MI-BR
    Salty
    J•A
    PBT
    GT40
    NewN
    x5e
    TCN
    DSVG
    J•A

XK9 last season

I guarantee if XK9 didn’t shell they wouldn’t have matched that ally, so yes it does have to do with shelling 😂
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    What is shelling?

F&G
    x5e
    MI-BR
    Salty
    J•A
    PBT
    GT40
    NewN
    x5e
    TCN
    DSVG
    J•A

XK9 last season

I guarantee if XK9 didn’t shell they wouldn’t have matched that ally, so yes it does have to do with shelling 😂
    Wrong.. lot of ally’s don’t shell happened the same.. not because shelling
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022

What is shelling?

I think it has to do with getting meat out of a crab
    Using heavy artillery to do so, yes.