Options

Anyone else seeing this? While on Auto-play on Daily Quest, screen just dims?

MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
I have seen this now 3 times today across 2 different devices. Auto-playing a daily quest, let it go for a bit then the screen dims and I can faintly make out its still on the questing screen, not paused, just not doing anything. I have to close the game and reopen to resolve.

This is not the OS dimming things to save battery its 100% an in-game issues. Add this issue to https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/305822/seeing-way-more-game-hangs-spinning-wheel-and-network-hanging-signs#latest and I would say the latest game updates are the issue......

Comments

• Options
    MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    Daily Catalyst Quests are basically unplayable for me now. I am trying to use up expiring energy with 6* for Hero Use event and I can advance about 2 spots. game screen dims, i have to close the game. Wait. Launch game. Resume quest, get about 2 more squares, screen dims, have to close game.... over and over.

This game mode is now unplayable for me across 2 different devices. Possibly the worst quality monthly update in years @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,170 ★★★★★
    It's happening with ccertain menus like energy refill use. it seems something in the update has messed up the menu transitions, and the game is getting stuck/frozen in between. On auto quest you get constant transitions through menus.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 884 ★★★
    I thought it was just me falling asleep last night on auto...
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    edited June 2022
    On my samsung i get trapped in the dailies!
    Not the basic but those that give a class selector! Happens randomly in any of the daily class quests.
    It also does not require 100% the quest to happen! It just randomly opens two selector screens, (and i can watch it happen!) The first opens, dims, a.second does not dim!
    Then once you pick the class on the top screen it closes to the second screen (which is no longer dim!) And it sits there waiting for you to pick a class AGAIN!
    It will not let you back out or close that screen and if you select a class the spinning white connect symbol spins and spins and spins until the failure to connect symbol appears and to get out i have to do a hard shut down of the game on the home screen!
    It is annoying to say the very least! (I have other censorable things to say about it but i won't!) It has been reported (correctly) and has gone on for weeks now!
    And come on! Just the shear volume of "bugs" apparently caused by the new input and yesterdays update?
    How is something "fixed"??? If it is creating more bugs than it is resolving?
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,584 ★★★★★
    I has this happening to me before the update. Would do the tier2 class catalyst selector event and when it ended , it would freeze on the selector screen and I’d have to restart. I’m on iOS but considering everything I doubt it’s my device causing the problem .
  • Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited June 2022
    I think this bug is related to this when u run out of energy / trying to use energy

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/305731/freeze-when-using-energy-refill-merged-threads/p1

Coz they've added a new feature (not needed but nice to have) relating to that screen
  • Options
    AdamBrewAdamBrew Posts: 36
    Yeah. Happening to me too when trying to use energy refills
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★