**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are you happy with the buffs to Yondu and Deadpool X Force?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Disagree. The Buff Program isn't just directed at making Players in later stages happier with their "garbage" pulls. That perspective is assuming there's only one demographic playing the game.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    And in the time it takes to find yet another bug, a once good discussion, with varied points of view, somehow was skillfully derailed and set on a sure course for closure. Funny how that always seems to happen.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

And in the time it takes to find yet another bug, a once good discussion, with varied points of view, somehow was skillfully derailed and set on a sure course for closure. Funny how that always seems to happen.

That tends to happen everytime in the forums i had to step in this time so it doesnt derail further 😅
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★

The exact same thought I had, and very eloquently put! :)
    Pretty sure people derail it by not staying on topic and taking points of view personally.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

Disagree. The Buff Program isn't just directed at making Players in later stages happier with their "garbage" pulls. That perspective is assuming there's only one demographic playing the game.

What demographic is using Deadpool X other than for synergy? The buff program isn't supposed to make every champ god tier, but it is supposed to increase the usage.
    And Deadpool X Force is far from usable apart from v8 I don't see him anywhere else.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

I'm going to filter the personal insults out of that and respond to the actual discussion portion.

That would certainly be a 1st. Responding to the actual discussion portion.
    I have no idea why people keep arguing the point with me. I never said anything about his usefulness. I acknowledged that people weren't happy with it. My point was, not all of these buffs are going to be reason to take a Champ to R3. They're not all going to be done with the end-game Player in mind. My previous point was that there was validity in what Miike was saying, based on the availability of DPX for newer Players, and that not all people are playing at the same level, with the same experience.
    People aren't happy with what came out of it. I'm not blind. I'm just not pandering the exaggerations. He's better than he was. He's not actually useless. How much better may be up for debate, but not all of these are going to have the end goal of people being happy they pulled them. Not at the stage we, and people further than myself, are at.
    As for my own opinion, I'm enjoying the new animations and learning as I go. Which isn't a bad idea. I will form my own conclusions at a later time. I didn't say people were wrong in their own opinions either way. Arguing with me isn't going to make you any happier.
  • qrlsqrls Posts: 40
    edited June 2022
    Primis00 said:

DPX didnt get anything actually useful and nearly no change to his damage aswell. They 100% put more time into his animations than they did his kit which is extremely dumb since he isnt worth playing so people wont even see the animations unless you fight him, which will also be harder now that he only uses sp2 and his sp2 is just a barage of bullets.

Nah. That sentence which mentions 100% more likely to use SP2 in his info is just saying.
    He still uses SP1 tons when you fight him.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★

Man what happened to the buff program

Magneto happened.

Dr. Zola
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Gwenpool >. Deadpool
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    Chompy said:

Saiyan said:

How does a 2022 champ have such little in there kit?

These are Champs that new Players are more likely to obtain
    You know Deadpool x force is actually rare don't you?

He hasn't been in 5* crystals till 2 months ago. So no. He is not more likely to be obtained. He's in 6* but that's not something newer players are going to get.
    Why are new players getting 5-Stars? We're talking about 2 and 3 Stars, Champs from PHCs and Daily Crystals.
    For the content they're using 2*s and 3*s the prebuff will suffice. He could actually deal damage with his sp2 prebuff. I ranked my 4* back then to do content
    Buffs are not just for Veterans, and they should not be. Sometimes we're going to update Champs to make earlier content easier for new Players. This isn't new, and something we've been doing since the very beginning of the Buff process. I'm not sure why there were such high expectations for Deadpool, but maybe we need to start addressing expectations.
    DrZola said:

Saiyan said:

Deadpool is not a 2022 Champion, he's from 2015. This game continues to get more complex with every month that passes, and while that's to be expected, we do not want to add even more complexity to the early game through Champion updates.

This is why we kept Storm's kit simple, and it's why we did it with Deadpool. These are Champs that new Players are more likely to obtain and use, and we want to keep their kits more simple.
    A clarifying question: why are Storm and DPX more likely to be obtained by early stage players? At this stage, isn’t every champ obtainable at the 5* rarity also obtainable in PHC?

Dr. Zola
    There's a very limited selection of 2-Star Champions available in the PHC, including both Storm and Deadpool X Force. Early progression Daily Crystals also only contain Champions released before X year, with the year increasing as you progress further. Early players are getting Champs from 2014/15 at the start.
    2-star champions? Who is using 2-star champions? New players may use them for like a week if that. You guys often give out 3-star, and sometimes even 4-star, champs monthly which make these 2-star champs obsolete even faster.

The fact that you don't realize this and believe that you should create and update champs for the first week of a summoner's play through says so much about the company's way of thinking.

This is literally what the community means when we say Kabam is so out of touch with its player base.
    I picked up one of my alts during the Eternals event. By the end that account (which hadn’t done any meaningful story questing) sported a 6* ManThing and a R4 Shang. Granted, it was end of year during some of the heftiest events.

So yeah…didn’t really spend a lot of time on the 2* phase and blew right past the 3* phase. And that was without picking off some of the tasty offers that popped up.

Dr. Zola
    The difference is, that's an Alt, played by someone who is experienced at the game. Not everyone is advancing in a week of game play.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Chompy said:

Saiyan said:

These are Champs that new Players are more likely to obtain
    You know Deadpool x force is actually rare don't you?

He hasn't been in 5* crystals till 2 months ago. So no. He is not more likely to be obtained. He's in 6* but that's not something newer players are going to get.
    Why are new players getting 5-Stars? We're talking about 2 and 3 Stars, Champs from PHCs and Daily Crystals.
    For the content they're using 2*s and 3*s the prebuff will suffice. He could actually deal damage with his sp2 prebuff. I ranked my 4* back then to do content
    Buffs are not just for Veterans, and they should not be. Sometimes we're going to update Champs to make earlier content easier for new Players. This isn't new, and something we've been doing since the very beginning of the Buff process. I'm not sure why there were such high expectations for Deadpool, but maybe we need to start addressing expectations.
    DrZola said:

Saiyan said:

Deadpool is not a 2022 Champion, he's from 2015. This game continues to get more complex with every month that passes, and while that's to be expected, we do not want to add even more complexity to the early game through Champion updates.

This is why we kept Storm's kit simple, and it's why we did it with Deadpool. These are Champs that new Players are more likely to obtain and use, and we want to keep their kits more simple.
    A clarifying question: why are Storm and DPX more likely to be obtained by early stage players? At this stage, isn’t every champ obtainable at the 5* rarity also obtainable in PHC?

Dr. Zola
    There's a very limited selection of 2-Star Champions available in the PHC, including both Storm and Deadpool X Force. Early progression Daily Crystals also only contain Champions released before X year, with the year increasing as you progress further. Early players are getting Champs from 2014/15 at the start.
    2-star champions? Who is using 2-star champions? New players may use them for like a week if that. You guys often give out 3-star, and sometimes even 4-star, champs monthly which make these 2-star champs obsolete even faster.

The fact that you don't realize this and believe that you should create and update champs for the first week of a summoner's play through says so much about the company's way of thinking.

This is literally what the community means when we say Kabam is so out of touch with its player base.
    When I started the game several years ago, I tried to get a 3* or higher champion as soon as possible.

So I would argue that to some, 2* champs have zero relevance.

Now they're giving out basically free 3* champs as you mentioned, 2* champs just rapidly stop serving much purpose to even new players - new players who MAY wonder "why use a 2* when I can use this stronger 3*?"

Maybe some players might like the character enough.

Maybe.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    I can understand keeping champs simple in order to make them more appealing to newer players, but simple does not need to mean ineffective. Champs like Angela, Hyperion, Storm and Red Hulk are examples of older, simpler champs who are still quite effective and decent at the very least. A champ doesn’t need to be made complicated in order to become decent to use.

As for the excuse that Deadpool was kept simple because new players are more likely to pull him as a 2*, I don’t think this should be a priority. 2* champions aren’t typically used for very long in content, as the game quickly pushes players towards 3* and even 4* champs. Why should buffs be aimed at making champs “better” at the 2* level for new players who will quickly move past using 2*s?

And I say better with quotations because Deadpool being aimed at new players seems very counterintuitive considering his new playstyle. Many older players have stated how impractical the skipping aspect of his new kit is. If older players are struggling with it, how are newer, less experienced players expected to make use of it?

If new buffs are going to be aimed at making 2* champs better for new players, then I believe this should be explicitly stated to the community. We’ve already seen other buffs with a similar purpose, and making the intent of the buff program clear would probably help prevent backlash each time a buff comes out that is tailored towards new players.