**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ map 6 Changes - Thoughts?

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I just wish they’d speak in vague generalities. I was lucky to find a 665 home where I could take a vacation and run 5. It has been a wonderful break. I’m sure some of that is the convenience of not having officer responsibilities.
  • KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 221 ★★★
    We’ve just resorted to map 5 all week. I’m just not sure why Kabam wanted us all to drop down. It’s not like map 6 gets anyone paragon any quicker. Either way I don’t think it’s going to be a priority fix due to the amount of other bugs and gameplay issues I would be surprised if we see any changes in 2022
    Kiptonade said:

We’ve just resorted to map 5 all week. I’m just not sure why Kabam wanted us all to drop down. It’s not like map 6 gets anyone paragon any quicker. Either way I don’t think it’s going to be a priority fix due to the amount of other bugs and gameplay issues I would be surprised if we see any changes in 2022

The reward structure is busted. You get the same glory from peak milestones at 599,999,999 that you get at 250,000,000. The milestones would already allow perfectly for a linear 100 glory increase per step.

When a system is structured in a way that discourages playing more or trying harder, there’s a problem. If there were ANY cost at all to doing tougher maps, you’d be better off stepping down to map 5 and just hitting 250 mil.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    That is great news. What about the horrible node combination on path 1 section 2?
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    QuikPik said:

That is great news. What about the horrible node combination on path 1 section 2?

You should be able to take other class champs like Rulk, ibom, ihulk, Diablo, BWCV, Omega Red to name a few that won’t be completely unusable now.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    SandeepS said:

Did the new map6 first time today, it was irritating. Without full coordination everyone goes everywhere. I suggest 2 alternative solutions.

1. Make it 6 or 8 paths per section to allow everyone to have a set path. This way you can keep your class nodes but at least everyone knows what is expected of them.
    2. Preferred option, change the node from "every node apart from x and y do less damage" to "additional damage from x and y" that way we can pretty much do any lane but benefit when we bring right champs in

Looks like they took my feedback. I'm happy with the changes.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★

SandeepS said:

SandeepS said:

Did the new map6 first time today, it was irritating. Without full coordination everyone goes everywhere. I suggest 2 alternative solutions.

1. Make it 6 or 8 paths per section to allow everyone to have a set path. This way you can keep your class nodes but at least everyone knows what is expected of them.
    2. Preferred option, change the node from "every node apart from x and y do less damage" to "additional damage from x and y" that way we can pretty much do any lane but benefit when we bring right champs in

Looks like they took my feedback. I'm happy with the changes.
    Now suggest they fix the controls!
    May controls be fixed and compensation sent out?
  • Chief_primeChief_prime Posts: 70 ★★
    This is exactly how I feel right now

Everybody who jumped in on day one about this and especially those who persevered, it's like we've been to battle and back at this point. We're battered and bruised but we made it.

Also 🤝 @DNA3000 with the inside scope as well, giving that extra push.

(Or maybe we all just got to thank the Sand guy above who said it a couple days ago 😂😂 and it's all down to him :p )
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hello everyone,

Firstly, an apology that this thread has gotten so big and I somehow missed it; I'm still settling in.

Next, and most importantly: I shook the AQ-Map-6 tree to see what fruit I could get for you all, and this is what fell out. These changes are targeting June 25th, but there's a small chance they could be implemented sooner!

We are changing the restrictiveness of the Map 6 Dual Class based buffs to be as follows (new to replace old):

Old (Currently Live in-game)
    • Physical Overclock Wrath:
      • All Attacker classes but Tech and Skill reduce their Attack by 50%.
    • Stellar Atomic Wrath:
      • All Attacker classes but Science and Cosmic reduce their Attack by 50%.
    • Genetic Knowledge Wrath:
      • All Attacker classes but Mutant and Mystic reduce their Attack by 50%.
    • Stellar Perfection Wrath:
      • All Attacker classes but Skill and Cosmic reduce their Attack by 50%.
    • Ancient Overclock Wrath:
      • All Attacker classes but Tech and Mystic reduce their Attack by 50%.
    • Genetic Atomic Wrath:
      • All Attacker classes but Science and Mutant reduce their Attack by 50%.

New Changes
      • All Attacking Tech and Skill classes get a Passive 20% Fury.
    • Stellar Atomic Wrath:
      • All Attacking Science and Cosmic classes get a Passive 20% Fury.
      • All Attacking Mutant and Mystic classes get a Passive 20% Fury.
      • All Attacking Skill and Cosmic classes get a Passive 20% Fury.
      • All Attacking Tech and Mystic classes get a Passive 20% Fury.
    • Genetic Atomic Wrath:
      • All Attacking Science and Mutant classes get a Passive 20% Fury.
    These buff changes will help alleviate the following:
    Non-intended Champion classes will now be viable.
    This should reduce strain on leadership planning as all champs will be viable.
    The increase in difficulty will be somewhat remedied by the attack increase if you play into the class buffs.
    Flex players will now have less strain to bring in a catch-all roster as all champs will be viable but may not benefit from the increase in Attack for specific lanes.

We'll communicate to the entire community once these updates are officially implemented.

Good to hear for the map 6 player. I would like to ask if there is anything for the map 5 players since that thread got deleted and censored all to heck and then buried.

• Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hello everyone,

Firstly, an apology that this thread has gotten so big and I somehow missed it; I'm still settling in.

Next, and most importantly: I shook the AQ-Map-6 tree to see what fruit I could get for you all, and this is what fell out. These changes are targeting June 25th, but there's a small chance they could be implemented sooner!

We are changing the restrictiveness of the Map 6 Dual Class based buffs to be as follows (new to replace old):

Old (Currently Live in-game)
      • All Attacker classes but Tech and Skill reduce their Attack by 50%.
    • Stellar Atomic Wrath:
      • All Attacker classes but Science and Cosmic reduce their Attack by 50%.
      • All Attacker classes but Mutant and Mystic reduce their Attack by 50%.
      • All Attacker classes but Skill and Cosmic reduce their Attack by 50%.
      • All Attacker classes but Tech and Mystic reduce their Attack by 50%.
    • Genetic Atomic Wrath:
      • All Attacker classes but Science and Mutant reduce their Attack by 50%.

New Changes
      • All Attacking Tech and Skill classes get a Passive 20% Fury.
    • Stellar Atomic Wrath:
      • All Attacking Science and Cosmic classes get a Passive 20% Fury.
      • All Attacking Mutant and Mystic classes get a Passive 20% Fury.
      • All Attacking Skill and Cosmic classes get a Passive 20% Fury.
      • All Attacking Tech and Mystic classes get a Passive 20% Fury.
    • Genetic Atomic Wrath:
      • All Attacking Science and Mutant classes get a Passive 20% Fury.
    These buff changes will help alleviate the following:
    Non-intended Champion classes will now be viable.
    This should reduce strain on leadership planning as all champs will be viable.
    The increase in difficulty will be somewhat remedied by the attack increase if you play into the class buffs.
    Flex players will now have less strain to bring in a catch-all roster as all champs will be viable but may not benefit from the increase in Attack for specific lanes.

We'll communicate to the entire community once these updates are officially implemented.

Thank you for these changes, but I still believe that additional tune is needed for path1 on section2.
    The AI is too defensive which require to dex a lot hoping to bait specials. Can’t rely much on power drain on such a long path especially on days that you run some epic mods like turn the tide and when you also need to counter a unique defender. Best counters are poison immune that are immune also to nullify but there are only two champs I can think of… overseer and omega sentinel that is still new champ.
    I still believe that power snack OR poison need to go in other to open up the pool.
    Also keep in mind that there are other sections to counter so you can’t bring 3 champs just for one path.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    Thank you, thank you, thank you kabam had for finally coming in and addressing this. The changes look to help out quite a bit.
  • MoShizzleMoShizzle Posts: 55

• Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    I am glad they made good changes to map 6 ...my ally shifted to map 5 when these BS changes went live . Glad it's better now.

Kabam tried to make map 6 challenging ,but didn't realize that the game is super broken ..so it made map 6 annoying , rather than being challenging.
  • BollandBolland Posts: 75 ★★★
    This is great news and a welcomed change
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

(Or maybe we all just got to thank the Sand guy above who said it a couple days ago 😂😂 and it's all down to him :p )

Well, I made the suggestion to the devs on May 5 and silence, then he makes it and next day boom, so there you go.

Although there were many times it looked like the thread didn't matter, I can tell you it did matter because the devs did read it, and while they did not take every suggestion or idea and they did not publicly state they were reviewing it, the fact that there was a lot of well thought out constructive feedback here that I could point to and that the devs could consider and review internally almost certainly did influence their decision to adjust the map. It doesn't always work out that way, but in this case it did.
  • Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 366 ★★★
    Better yet, dismantle AQ all together, and revamp game mode. Way to time intensive, lacking regards to commitment and redundant as hell.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    Mqc19 said:

Better yet, dismantle AQ all together, and revamp game mode. Way to time intensive, lacking regards to commitment and redundant as hell.

Nobody forces you to play a game mode you don't enjoy. Blanket statements and dismissive attitude neither help the situation nor bear any weight.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★

Mqc19 said:

Nobody forces you to play a game mode you don't enjoy. Blanket statements and dismissive attitude neither help the situation nor bear any weight.
    Nobody forces you but if you want to rank up champs or participate in alliances its hard to avoid.
    The game heavily incentives that game mode. I wish the incentives were a bit more spread around.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★

Mqc19 said:

Nobody forces you but if you want to rank up champs or participate in alliances its hard to avoid.
    The game heavily incentives that game mode. I wish the incentives were a bit more spread around.

I'm not even sure if what you're saying is that you want the (great) rewards but not to put any work for them or if you're afraid of others getting them while you are not. Either way, that's hilarious.

The effort / rewards ratio in AQ is the very best in the game, compared to every other single game mode. Even taking into consideration the new nodes implemented for Map 6, for which this thread is all about. Which is an issue they are currently addressing. But somehow this is not good enough for you... *smh*

Mqc19 said:

I can’t think of anything that better embodies a blanket statement and dismissive attitude than your post.

If you’re going to progress in the game, it’s practically required, especially after the 9.5 update reduced glory store prices.

You can bang out 50-60 million points and get 2000-2200 glory. You can bust your ass for 450mil and get 46-4700. Especially because prices escalate with successive purchases, you stretch the farthest by ensuring you make as many first/second purchases as possible.
  • Chief_primeChief_prime Posts: 70 ★★

Thank you 👍