Options

so how did you find MCOC?

Amazing_Demon05Amazing_Demon05 Posts: 4,235 ★★★★★
It was summer of 2015 and i was just looking for marvel related games. this was the only decent one i found back then and fell in love with.

Comments

• Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    A blog post I read. I actually had the original Contest of Champions comic run as a kid, first time I’d ever seen the Elders of the Universe (this is 40 years ago now). So a game about the same was pretty exciting. 2017, I think?
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,580 ★★★★★
    In the App Store . Prob was recommended since I was playing Injustice back then .
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Saw it an got it when it first came out. Wanted a Marvel game as i dove really deep into the movies and comics.

Stopped playing after the ant man (first movie) update. Came back for a little bit around the time. Came back during covid and can't put it down
  • Options
    Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
    I saw it on my aunts phone. She however left this game but I installed it like 5 years ago.
  • Options
    30ish30ish Posts: 177 ★★
    edited June 2022
    It was winter of 2015, I got recommended by my cousin, he played for a month then he show it to me & saying it has tons of marvel characters. I played for a week then got into the game. Unfortunately, he quit after couple of months & I continued, make some friends on global got into their ally. Downloaded line app & boom 7years went by.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,834 ★★★★★
    I saw about it on a comics news website when Marvel announced the comic tie-in written by Al (Immortal Hulk) Ewing, and thought I'd read the comic, but wouldn't try the game on my phone; instead I waited until I inherited my sister's old tablet. Started playing 24 December 2015.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Ads
  • Options
    0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    I really like to find a new games in Play Store and this game just managed to grab me when I first saw it. It was back in 2016 so this game was kind of unique/cool at that time. A fighting game with Marvel characters? Not just the usual avengers team but like other cool Marvel characters as well? That is what got me hooked back then.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,436 ★★★★★

March of 2020 when I had nothing to do, a friend suggested it to me. Been playing it ever since, he quit 2 weeks after I started

me to except I just found it
  • Options
    firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    One of those "earn money by playing games" apps.
    Found myself hooked.
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 566 ★★★
    edited June 2022
    Instagram ad in 2015 around the time when Spider-Man SE was introduced.
  • Options
    Avi146Avi146 Posts: 313 ★★

It was summer of 2015 and i was just looking for marvel related games. this was the only decent one i found back then and fell in love with.

I used to check for marvel games every month back then
    Found this in the release month
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,121 ★★★★★
    I was playing WWE Mayhem and it was mentioned by a few people in my alliance. I checked it out and it seemed most of that game was ripped off from mcoc, so I started playing.
  • Options
    PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Posts: 334 ★★★
    My friend told me about this game 5 years ago.
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★
    I had been playing another online Marvel game in 2014 called Marvel Heroes. Since I was often watching content for that game, I started getting Youtube recommendations for this game in early 2015.

I checked out a few videos. I thought the game looked fun and reminded me of the Marvel vs Capcom series. My phone was an older 3G device and unable to run this game. I stuck with that phone until April 2017.

1st thing I did when I upgraded my phone was download this game. I was still way more invested in Marvel Heroes and this game was more of a side thing for a couple months. But once I looked up videos by Dorky Dave, Seatin, etc. I got a little more invested after getting a basic understanding of the mechanics and being able to progress a bit.

Later that year (2017) Marvel Heroes shut down. But by then I had become way more hooked on this game and had grown bored with the former. 5 years later I'm still playing.
  • Options
    InspectorDREDInspectorDRED Posts: 54
    It happened randomly. it had to be near the beginning so I cannot remember that far back unfortunately. I did find it fun for a few days or weeks.. got bored Uninstalled and stopped playing until 2020 to current.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★
    I got the newly released iPhone 7 Plus and wanted to try out some new graphical games. Saw my 8 year old son playing mcoc in the iPad and the rest was history.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,465 ★★★★
    Downloaded the game cause gods of Rome wasn’t working
  • Options
    Dash855Dash855 Posts: 239
    Couple years ago I was on winter break and went to visit my grandparants who live far away.
    Our plane ended up getting delayed a few hours(Forgot why) and so I looked for some marvel games to pass the time.