**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Underrated content clearer?

Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 907 ★★★
edited June 2022 in Strategy and Tips

I know she is no Doctor Doom, but she is still an incredible Mystic option, who I feel is just far too often overlooked.

When I first pulled her, my alliance said she is poor and to not waste resources on her, so I didn't. Then I just happened to select her for arena and she obliterated my opponent (I forget who at this point), I just remember being thoroughly impressed with her, especially once she gets into Demonic Rampage.
So, I used her some more, then I maxed her out at Rank 1, continued to be impressed and have now maxed her at Rank 2.

I am less than halfway to collecting a Mystic Tier 5 Class Catalyst, but she will 100% be going to Rank 3 when I finally get enough resources. Due to the majority opinion I seem to see of her, I wonder if anyone else has R3'd her yet?

Does anyone else have any champs like this? That seems to get a lot of negative reviews, but you actually think is a worthy but underrated content clearer?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    TerrodawgTerrodawg Posts: 9
    Any time when her cross-fights actually helped u big time?
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,220 ★★★★★
    The MVP is the player using an underrated champion.
    MVP = You
    MVP =/= Purg

I got her as 6* yesterday. Yay
    I love her animations.
    I'll try her in monthly content. Have better options already at high ranks. So she will have to watch from sidelines for most content.
  • Options
    Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 907 ★★★
    edited June 2022
    Terrodawg said:

I wouldn't say it's ever helped me 'big time', as in cleared something I would have been unable to without her. But she has serious damage output when in Demonic Rampage, and that has definitely helped me win fights a lot faster than I ordinarily would have. She's a regular in my AQ team as a mini boss killer.

The MVP is the player using an underrated champion.
    MVP = You
    MVP =/= Purg

I got her as 6* yesterday. Yay
    I love her animations.
    I'll try her in monthly content. Have better options already at high ranks. So she will have to watch from sidelines for most content.

Yea, I totally understand this. It's that player that makes the difference between a good and bad champ. But I definitely think Purgatory is a better option than people give her credit for. Considering I was told by my alliance not to waste resources, she's a regular in my team now.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Purgatory is very underrated. I’ve had mine at R2 for a while and honestly…. She’s not as bad as people make her out to be. Throw in G2099, OG Guilly and Morningstar on a team too for extra fun. Also OG Guilly isn’t as bad as everyone made her out to be either. If played right she bleeds more than second life NF can at equivalent ranks (6r2 Guilly vs 5/65 NF).
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I absolutely love the animations and she feels so smooth to use she just lacks a little bit of a cutting edge for me.

• Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

I’ve got Elsa Bloodstone.

A champion that gets a lot of hate despite being one of the top of her class

I don’t think you can call a top15 champ, being top of the class.
    Above average skill? Yes
    Top of the class? It’s not even close tbh
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    i like her too .. maxed her out as five star and of course a week later pulled a six star LOL so that's the only reason i haven't ranked her but she's for sure a favorite of mine to play.

i have a lot of champs like that who don't fit the "meta" but I enjoy playing and have ranked up like America Chavez for instance.
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Nice rankup!

Spider Gwen is another pretty good champ that I think is often overlooked
  • Options
    H700H700 Posts: 87
    Something that was hard for me to understand was that everyone has utility, people want god grade all the time when the only thing different from other champions is reaching their damage faster
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Gwen and Proxima my two underrated choices btw
  • Options
    firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    edited June 2022
    My R3 6 star Elsa is on my main squad for a good reason.
    Evading champs.
    Edit: And she's extremely fun and satisfying to play.
  • Options
    YitiokaYitioka Posts: 18
    I maxed her as a 4* and tried for a 5*/6* but cant seem to get her. the power gain is great and the sp2 + Norsemen synergy in her demonic rage is actually great. love this character and hope she gets a slight tuneup.
    Terrodawg said:

she doesnt really need them. her with the guillotine synergy is all she needs.