**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Anyone R4 their Red Mags yet?

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,835 ★★★★
edited June 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I’m getting close to the first R4, and am working towards a Mutant rank up. I’ve been fortunate to get many of the top Mutants in the game at 6*. The obvious choices would be to take up Kitty or Apocalypse, but if I really look at it honestly I use Red Mags the most of my mutants so seriously considering him.

I’m likely to take one or both of Kitty/Apocalypse up as my next R4 - probably Kitty - and would happily rank up Apoc if the RNG gods favor me with a mutant gem from 7 exploration. So, all three are going to get there eventually.

Have any of you ranked up Rmags as an R4? What has your experience been? Thoughts about him relative to the other two with regards to who benefits the most from the rank up?

I’m not in a high end alliance so prestige isn’t a priority - if it was Kitty would be the no brainer choice.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,111 ★★★★★
    I’d love to see the damage from a R4. However, it’s not practical at this point for most players
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,752 ★★★
    When Rags was first buffed, was his prowess stack unlimited?
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,029 ★★★★
    Gonna have to agree with the others here.

What Red Mags does against metal is already incredible as a 6r3, but he's kind of weak against non-metal in my humble opinion.

On the other hand, I took Apocalypse to r4, and he's a damn wrecking ball against everything.

I'd personally suggest going that way all day.
  • Options
    ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Posts: 351 ★★★
    I do
  • Options
    May be first in game.
  • Options
    I agree with most of what you guys are saying. But, there's more than just #metal to kill.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,224 ★★★★★
    You might not need a r4 Mags now, but . . . In two years you might wish you had one, when there are 6sr5 champs, maybe 7 star champs.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

You might not need a r4 Mags now, but . . . In two years you might wish you had one, when there are 6sr5 champs, maybe 7 star champs.

Unfortunately that will probably happens much sooner.
    And it’s pretty sure that an r3 would still be enough for 6* r5 match ups, the same way a 5* r5 or a 6* r2 is enough for 6* r4 metal opponents.
    The wise choice, both short term and long term, is to r4 Apocalypse or Kitty.

• Options
    Barri8Barri8 Posts: 108

By that time the resources will be far more accessible than they are now, so your point is invalid.
  • Options
    I have zero regrets about my R4 Mags. Love the guy. He was my childhood favorite.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    ŁŤÇ said:

I have zero regrets about my R4 Mags. Love the guy. He was my childhood favorite.

Congrats I have him as 5/65 and he's crushed so much content for me
  • Options
    HipocerosHipoceros Posts: 88
    If you haven't done 100% abyss yet you gonna need the highest magneto that you can have to get down killmonger and red skull... you will not regret. And remember that doom don't die easily to a r3 mags due to armor break immunity.
    Go for it bro.