**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

About compensation

Godslayer_1Godslayer_1 Posts: 329 ★★★
edited June 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
It shouldn't have been something that's based on RNG.
Revives and potions were very much needed but instead they gave us (I'm a cavalier) a 6s rank up gem.
It wasn't the champions that consistently made me lose fights which i normally wouldn't have. It was the bugs, give us revives and potions not some RNG based compensation.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★

The RNG compensation is because people may have missed out on such rewards

That's one way to look at it. Personally, I look at it more as a bribe than compensation.

Compensation in most other games addresses what was most affected by game issues.

This? It's definitely more akin to bribery imo. Just my take.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    naikavon said:

That's one way to look at it. Personally, I look at it more as a bribe than compensation.

Compensation in most other games addresses what was most affected by game issues.

They gave out consumables for alliance modes weekly. They gave out quest consumables a couple times. Whether you think it was enough or not enough, those were given out separately. They did not give out this stuff in place of consumables, but on top of consumables. And while you're free to look at it any way you want (it is the official sport of the forums after all) opportunity cost compensation is something Kabam has given out many times in the past, and explicitly described it as such. Moreover, compensation in most other games I'm aware of also tackle both sides: compensatory cost mitigation and opportunity cost redress, in similar fashions.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,183 ★★★★★
    naikavon said:

You’ve misread the definition of “bribery”. Just my take.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    One thing that i feel weird is that the compensation is for all the inputs problems players had to endure since 1 year.
    Having different compensation package base on current progression level would mean that Cavalier, uncollected, Challenger and Conqueror did not have to endure the same level of frustration that ThroneBreakers and Paragon players !
    Why not give a unique compensation package ? why not base it on the age of the account starting the day the input problem appeared till now ?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Stellar said:

One thing that i feel weird is that the compensation is for all the inputs problems players had to endure since 1 year.
    Having different compensation package base on current progression level would mean that Cavalier, uncollected, Challenger and Conqueror did not have to endure the same level of frustration that ThroneBreakers and Paragon players !
    Why not give a unique compensation package ? why not base it on the age of the account starting the day the input problem appeared till now ?

I literally have no idea what that is supposed to do.
    DNA3000 said:

Stellar said:

take a guess...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

DNA3000 said:

Stellar said:

take a guess...
    Time playing has little to do with the reason progression is used. It's about giving something that is appropriate to the needs and the level of progress a Player is at. This usually gets confused with the wants and the opinions. (We don't have any use for 5*s, we want R4 Gems.)
    People may be free to ask for what they want, but that doesn't mean it's in proportion to the actual needs for their level.
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★

naikavon said:

You’ve misread the definition of “bribery”. Just my take.
    Fair enough. Though it's alt convenient what next week is though. Totally a coincidence though I'm sure lol
  • Skywalker3221Skywalker3221 Posts: 156 ★★
    Stellar said:

Makes no sense. Regardless of the issues you faced being the same. Map 7 AQ Allies shouldn’t not her the same cop as level 5 accounts. Makes no sense. Progression based compensation is good. Not everyone loses out in the same resources.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,014 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

DNA3000 said:

Stellar said:

take a guess...
    And how exactly is Kabam going to know which accounts started having problems? What if someone doesn't report the issue? What if someone never comes to the forums to make a bug thread?
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

Well the reason is because a conqueror shouldn’t be getting a rank 3 gem for 6* and a paragon/TB doesn’t need a rank 5 gem. Comp packages shouldn’t be all the same they need to be unique to your progression level because then one would get too much or the other would get everything that’s useless to them.

Stellar said:

DNA3000 said:

Stellar said:

take a guess...
    And how exactly is Kabam going to know which accounts started having problems? What if someone doesn't report the issue? What if someone never comes to the forums to make a bug thread?
    The problems didn’t concern specifics accounts but the whole game so even if a player didn’t report an issue, didn’t have access to the forum or thought the problems were just higher difficulty, he was still concerned by the issue and kabam know it