**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thor Jane Foster Champion Spotlight

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★
https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/champion-spotlight-thor-jane-foster/

Buff notes are out for Jane and I am… underwhelmed. Her ability to chain stun seems more or less intact, but it’s based on RNG and she has no ability to drain power from her opponent or limit their combat power rate. So if you do go for the chain stun, you will inevitably end up eating an sp3. I have a hard time seeing new life for this champion, which is a bummer. She was my first 6* and I had high hopes.

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Yeah.

They've rolled her Sig into her base abilities, which is good. And she could be pretty good at controlling Passive Power Gain (I assume 'That Which Smashes' is her new Sig ability - if so, they missed out the important word 'Signature').

She's definitely better. But I don't see her being a champion who fills a specific hole in a roster.

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★
    @Rockypantherx that’s my read on it. She’ll be amazing against like… Doctor Strange and Symbiote Supreme. She’ll be pretty good against all the champs with lower combat power rates. But any normal matchup or, worst case scenario, any increased combat power rate, she’s going to range from mediocre to actively bad.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    classic storm better than jane update, kinda weird but i guess
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Just… why drop to only one buff this month if it’s not going to be an overhaul. The changes here feel so minimal. I’ve said before that my gauge for a good champion buff is whether that champion can now be viable in a piece of content that they were not before. I don’t see where new Jane can go that OG Jane couldn’t.

It’s disappointing. Especially with the new program in place that puts us all on notice that Kabam can tune down champions that are overperforming. What’s the point of that if they aren’t going to take bigger swings? I’d rather they throw the kitchen sink at a champion and then come back and say “okay, that’s too much, let’s dial it back” than get a buff like this that ultimately changes nothing.

I say all of this with a grain of salt because we don’t have the buff in our hands yet and we could all be missing something, but I’m not very optimistic.

It’s because they’re spending time on other stuff like the update program. I’ll find the post later but the wording made it seem like they would do good buffs if they have time. That’s a pessimistic view but it’s my reading of it based on the buffs we’ve had
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Just… why drop to only one buff this month if it’s not going to be an overhaul. The changes here feel so minimal. I’ve said before that my gauge for a good champion buff is whether that champion can now be viable in a piece of content that they were not before. I don’t see where new Jane can go that OG Jane couldn’t.

It’s disappointing. Especially with the new program in place that puts us all on notice that Kabam can tune down champions that are overperforming. What’s the point of that if they aren’t going to take bigger swings? I’d rather they throw the kitchen sink at a champion and then come back and say “okay, that’s too much, let’s dial it back” than get a buff like this that ultimately changes nothing.

I say all of this with a grain of salt because we don’t have the buff in our hands yet and we could all be missing something, but I’m not very optimistic.

Wicket329 said:

It’s because they’re spending time on other stuff like the update program. I’ll find the post later but the wording made it seem like they would do good buffs if they have time. That’s a pessimistic view but it’s my reading of it based on the buffs we’ve had
    It was in the original announcement that the buff program was changing. People arguing that kabam should divert resources to other areas that need attention can officially claim they got their wish aaaand this is what it would look like.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    ...I don't get it
    I'm at a loss seeing what was actually added, which is rather unfortunate
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Not all champs can be OP. The game needs a few noodles.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    I was excited to pull
    This from my daily crystal just now.

Until I wasn't.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★

This is definately not an overhaul, esspecialy if they will not change her animations, which I am 99% sure they won't do!
    Just a tune up of a champ, nothing will change for her...
    I think Kabam did bad with patch notes announcement before 4th of July offers!
    They nerfed Moleman and do nothing with Jane and again only one champ buffed...

Her animations are fine tbh. I don’t need new animations to make a buff. The buff itself though… leaves more to be desired
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    She was prolly buffed for early players🤷🏾‍♂️. That stun chain works on really aggressive gameplay. We can't really let loose like that can we?