Options

Eternity of Pain - Anger

Is Eternity of Pain - Anger coming with update or in second , third week?

Also any updates on rewards?

Comments

• Options
    BestAnandBestAnand Posts: 42
    Gamer said:

Eop should start one the first Wednesday. Rewards mostly the same as the first oh and 1 gold

First Wednesday meaning 6th of July?
  • Options
    BKSwisherSweetBKSwisherSweet Posts: 146 ★★
    edited July 2022
    Glad to see it back again
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,081 ★★★★★
    anyone know who the defenders will be?
  • Options
    PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    Yep the EoP announcement had said one week break after the end of the first event before it starts again
  • Options
    ChompsChomps Posts: 26
    Gamer said:

Eop should start one the first Wednesday. Rewards mostly the same as the first oh and 1 gold

How do you know the rewards are mostly the same? Was there a post on it or something?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,283 ★★★★★
    Chomps said:

Gamer said:

How do you know the rewards are mostly the same? Was there a post on it or something?
    Should probably had said probably the aka I’m don’t espect anything more to be honestly the 1 gold is 100 true
  • Options
    To each their own. Personally, I find the rewards kinda meh, and they will only get more meh throughout the year, especially as r4 mats become more common
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,588 ★★★★★
    I'd like to know if they are keeping the same payout system of the rewards, I know there was talks from Jax about internal conversations about having to wait nearly 3 weeks for the rewards after the final week.

Could someone tag Jax I can't seem to find him 🤔
  • Options
    Chomps said:

To each their own. Personally, I find the rewards kinda meh, and they will only get more meh throughout the year, especially as r4 mats become more common

4 fights, 1 per week, no energy cost, no limits to entries... nd they're meh rewards, given the time frame for each fights and having literally no limits to trying, it's essentially free stuff 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    RickCoronel1RickCoronel1 Posts: 3
    Probably not, it’ll most likely disappear.
  • Options
    Balm82 said:

I wonder if i get to keep my 1 unspent token from last Eop?

Far as I'm aware it's just 1 free lifeline 😂🤷‍♂️, if they let's those get a headstart due to that point then uproar would happen. Paragon got no "lifeline" so they'd kick right off 😂
  • Options
    Balm82 said:

I wonder if i get to keep my 1 unspent token from last Eop?

Token what there wasn’t anyone tokens
  • Options
    Let me elaborate a little on why I find the rewards to be kinda meh.

The last side quest (June) gave 20% t6b and 20% t3a. That is almost half of what EOP gives thronebreakers, but is much, much easier.

Everything else in the rewards are fine. Good amount of sigs, a nice class 6* crystal, etc. I just think the r4 mats should improve a bit, especially as it becomes more easily accessible.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,966 ★★★★★
    Chomps said:

The last side quest (June) gave 20% t6b and 20% t3a. That is almost half of what EOP gives thronebreakers, but is much, much easier.

Everything else in the rewards are fine. Good amount of sigs, a nice class 6* crystal, etc. I just think the r4 mats should improve a bit, especially as it becomes more easily accessible.

Hot take - class nexuses are kinda overrated. You narrow the pool if you’re desperate for a particular champ or two but t5cc aren’t rare enough and class AGs are too rare for the class aspect to be super valuable.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Chomps said:

Hot take - class nexuses are kinda overrated. You narrow the pool if you’re desperate for a particular champ or two but t5cc aren’t rare enough and class AGs are too rare for the class aspect to be super valuable.
    Class nexus’ aren’t overrated. Say you have a 10% chance overall in the game for a good pull. In one class you may have 5%, in another you may have 15%. You can select the class that has the top chance of you getting a good pull.

If you do have a class gem, as you say they are rare, but if you do have one you can use a class nexus to target that class.

If you have a specific champ you really like you can multiply your chance by 6 to pull them.

If you have a class that’s particularly weak you can easily strengthen it. For me, I’ve got a pretty bad tech class compared to the rest of them. I now have 3 class nexus I’m holding onto for when omega sentinel is added in August so I can bulk out my overall roster.

Before July 4th I had a weak mutant class so I went for a few mutant ones, I pulled Archangel, duped my Apoc and duped my namor. Nice boost for that class too.

My science class, my skill class and my mystic class are really strong so I’m glad I didn’t have to go for basic nexus’ and reduce my odds of pulling good champions.
  • Options

TyEdge said:

Chomps said:

Class nexus’ aren’t overrated. Say you have a 10% chance overall in the game for a good pull. In one class you may have 5%, in another you may have 15%. You can select the class that has the top chance of you getting a good pull.

If you do have a class gem, as you say they are rare, but if you do have one you can use a class nexus to target that class.

If you have a specific champ you really like you can multiply your chance by 6 to pull them.

If you have a class that’s particularly weak you can easily strengthen it. For me, I’ve got a pretty bad tech class compared to the rest of them. I now have 3 class nexus I’m holding onto for when omega sentinel is added in August so I can bulk out my overall roster.

Before July 4th I had a weak mutant class so I went for a few mutant ones, I pulled Archangel, duped my Apoc and duped my namor. Nice boost for that class too.

My science class, my skill class and my mystic class are really strong so I’m glad I didn’t have to go for basic nexus’ and reduce my odds of pulling good champions.
    Most my nexus of a class ben over bad yes do pull knull arguments for the risk cystal to go for but I’m wishing there’s make news excitement for a nexus has oh nice not how it where 2 year back time change
  • Options

TyEdge said:

Chomps said:

I guess I should’ve been more specific. The classes are bloated to a point that it has diminished value. If you want a specific champ, your odds are still below 10%.

Two years ago, when dual class crystals launched, the science/mystic crystal had 44 champs. The cosmic class alone has 41 champs in the 6-star basic pool (Hulkling and Thanos aren’t in, obv).

All of this is to say that dual class crystals should be available for regular shards. There aren’t enough AGs and the pool is too large.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

Chomps said:

I guess I should’ve been more specific. The classes are bloated to a point that it has diminished value. If you want a specific champ, your odds are still below 10%.

Two years ago, when dual class crystals launched, the science/mystic crystal had 44 champs. The cosmic class alone has 41 champs in the 6-star basic pool (Hulkling and Thanos aren’t in, obv).

All of this is to say that dual class crystals should be available for regular shards. There aren’t enough AGs and the pool is too large.
    Right I see what you mean!

I assumed you meant class nexus’ are overrated *compared* to normal nexus. That’s on me! My bad :)

100% agree with dual class crystals for 10k shards ideally (11-12k at a push)

As a slightly off topic note, I think we should have 6* awakening gem crystal shards. Something like an awakening gem is too rare to put a whole one in EoP which is only 6 weeks of content. But if you could put 25% of a Crystal in each EoP, then we earn one over all 4 rounds, you can get around how rare they are while still giving them out. I agree they’re far too rare at the moment. We’ve only had several given out in content since 6*s were added.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Chomps said:

Agreed, but I would say it is very dependent on where one is in the game. Personally, I'm mainly interested in the r4 mats and the sigs. The nexus is fun, but chances are its just another 20 sigs in a champ I likely dont use.

I have so much t5cc, it's ridiculous. I would trade the t5cc and the nexus for a AG class crystal.
  • Options
    Chomps said:

TyEdge said:

Chomps said:

Agreed, but I would say it is very dependent on where one is in the game. Personally, I'm mainly interested in the r4 mats and the sigs. The nexus is fun, but chances are its just another 20 sigs in a champ I likely dont use.

I have so much t5cc, it's ridiculous. I would trade the t5cc and the nexus for a AG class crystal.
    Love that. If I can get legendary crystal shards then I can get AG shards/frags.

I have 12 t5cc (3 mutant, 1 mystic, 2 each of the rest). I have two 2-3 gems. There aren’t enough r4 mats for TB players to use 2 catalysts at a time. There aren’t enough needle-moving champs to rush to rank up (as opposed to hoping the next pull is better). So here I sit.

As an aside, I’ve been on a weird run of getting new champs only - mordo, aegon, Odin, CGR from EOP, spidey, silver centurion. I’m thrilled with cgr obviously but some of these are objectively good yet it’s still hard to justify dumping 7 basics into them to reach r3. It’s my own mental block I guess.