**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Compensation kinda sucks

Comments

• Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,283 ★★★★★

Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Ceder said:

We need revives, health potions, etc.

They split out consumables because it made no sense to bundle up consumables for one big package, because that's nonsensical when it comes to consumables. So this package was never going to have potions and revives.
    Not necessarily sure I agree with this. They have done it in the past. Earlier in the thread someone shared this:

@Typhoon That's because there wasn't weekly compensation for that package in 2020. That had pots and revs for all versions of questing and the thank you stuff because it was a one shot comp.

For these input issues, we have gotten-
    1 big package in August last year.
    Weekly comp for AQ/AW for 8ish months.
    Questing comp about once a month or so.
    2nd bigger thank you package today.

2020 was just the one package.
    That issue from 2020 lasted only for a few days. IIRC maybe even less then a week. Why or rather how would they give weekly compensation? It was a very generous compensation for that time.
  • HughreynoldsHughreynolds Posts: 18
    I don't feel I was given my value for suffering the entire time a 6bstat nightcrawler is not sufficient to rectify the problems experienced with the bugs!!!
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 444 ★★★

doesn't suck for me

King Groot right?👀😂
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    @Hieitaku @BitterSteel

I second the points you two made above. “Whelming” is one word, “corporate” another I would use to describe the apology package, maybe even “calculated.”

I had hoped the extensive time spent on the package was time spent bolstering it—maybe it was, but it *seems* like it was spent calculating it, which is different. For something as long-running and systemic, where loyal fans pushed through and invested time and real world currency to support the game over months, I guess it’s fine.

There’s certainly nice stuff at the TB level, and one Conqueror alt of mine managed a Knull 5*. I pulled a Toad from the 6* nexus, and shards from SQ netted me a first time 6* Herc dupe, so there aren’t really any pRNG sour grapes for me.

Maybe I’d feel better if the game were fixed. But things landed flat for me yesterday, even though I appreciate the effort to get something out in the promised time window.

Dr. Zola
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    I don’t understand why it would take a month or more to just copy/paste the previous compensation and add 3 items to it (while also removing the revives/potions, which can actually remedy the input bugs). Doesn’t seem like much thought went into it
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,738 ★★★★★

Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Ceder said:

They split out consumables because it made no sense to bundle up consumables for one big package, because that's nonsensical when it comes to consumables. So this package was never going to have potions and revives.
    Not necessarily sure I agree with this. They have done it in the past. Earlier in the thread someone shared this:

@Typhoon That's because there wasn't weekly compensation for that package in 2020. That had pots and revs for all versions of questing and the thank you stuff because it was a one shot comp.

For sure - that makes sense. What I'm advocating for, as I replied to DNA, is that there should have been some consumables included for the time between when they stopped weekly compensation and when they distributed the main compensation package. It's not enough to make me upset, but I think it would have made sense to include it. I don't know what that looks like, but logistics aside, seems reasonable.
  • I want to know what people think on this. Do Thronebreakers deserve a 3-4 gem? if so class or generic?

Lol. more rewards than Carina 1.0 and 2.0 combined as compensation. Bruh....
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,154 ★★★★★
    Worthless.
    Ask the guys who faced dex issues last sop.
    Remember GM sp1 Dex bug?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Ceder said:

That issue from 2020 lasted only for a few days. IIRC maybe even less then a week. Why or rather how would they give weekly compensation? It was a very generous compensation for that time.
    That's the whole point. You can't compare either package. You can't use one to leverage the other.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Ceder said:

Ik it. Was expecting some people to tell it's not enough.

The more is give the lesser it seems
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Ceder said:

For sure - that makes sense. What I'm advocating for, as I replied to DNA, is that there should have been some consumables included for the time between when they stopped weekly compensation and when they distributed the main compensation package. It's not enough to make me upset, but I think it would have made sense to include it. I don't know what that looks like, but logistics aside, seems reasonable.
    I don't disagree with that but Jax did say they are talking about bringing that back in some form still since the issues persist.

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Ceder said:

I don't disagree with that but Jax did say they are talking about bringing that back in some form still since the issues persist.
    I must have missed that post. Good to know, thanks bud.
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Ceder said:

Just so you have it- https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2110000#Comment_2110000

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Ceder said:

Just so you have it- https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2110000#Comment_2110000
    Oh. This is what the hotfix was for and we already received that compensation. 10 energy refill, 5 level 5 health pots, 5 level 2 revives. I believe that was a one-time comp.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I see folks complaining about the nexus 5 star. I’m cool with it. 6 star shards and needed iso lol. I have all the gold I need to rank champs just iso broke. Helped me pick iso I needed too. I don’t rank 5s anymore but I don’t mind getting them to max them out.
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Ceder said:

Oh. This is what the hotfix was for and we already received that compensation. 10 energy refill, 5 level 5 health pots, 5 level 2 revives. I believe that was a one-time comp.
    Im an idiot. I'll see if I can find the comment I saw. Maybe it was Miike that said it. I know it's out there. My bad.

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Ceder said:

Im an idiot. I'll see if I can find the comment I saw. Maybe it was Miike that said it. I know it's out there. My bad.
    lol all good.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,154 ★★★★★

I see folks complaining about the nexus 5 star. I’m cool with it. 6 star shards and needed iso lol. I have all the gold I need to rank champs just iso broke. Helped me pick iso I needed too. I don’t rank 5s anymore but I don’t mind getting them to max them out.

I'm personally looking for a 5* knull.
    I have even pulled every exclusive champ which were recetly added in dual class/basics.
    Can't seem to get the one champ I need which is stopping me from my next r4.
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Ceder said:

Typhoon That's because there wasn't weekly compensation for that package in 2020. That had pots and revs for all versions of questing and the thank you stuff because it was a one shot comp.

lol all good.
    I think that was the comment I was thinking about. It's in a thread where the question was asked about why the weekly comp stopped. But not sure why the energy part was included in Jax's comment. He did post a similar comment in the energy bug mega thread. I dunno. I thought it meant they were still looking at weekly comp in some form. I guess I was wrong.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 822 ★★★
    Sucks if you had to spend units in war, for example. I’m not sure if I would spend my units on a package like that, so doesn’t seem like a fair trade-off.
  • This is too less!
    we should have gotten
    1) 100k 6* shards
    2) 5 r1-r2 gems
    3) 5 r2-r3 gems
    4) Paragon title in the mail
    5) 6* max sig r4 hercules and Doom in the mail
    6) 100 cav crystals
    7)50 million gold
    8) 50 million loyalty

If not for these bugs i could have EASILY gotten all of these on my own......

/s

U can over exaggerate things to make the op unvalid. No one asked for the amount u mentioned.
    The compensation missed the most important thing potions and revives. And u may argue
    1.They were providing weekly for aq and aw and monthly for general. That wasn't at all close to sufficient compared to the issues we faced specifically the ones provided for story and gen content, once a month.
    2. The issues are far from fixed and they stopped all weekly and monthly package. Some saying this package wasn't mean to contain consumable should consider that then the consumable should be given weekly as the issues are far from fixed.

3. Some arguing they don't give potions and revives a year's worth because no one can hold it and it will go in stash. It's like we went to shopping and u bought several items but ur carry bag isn't big enough so the shopkeeper says u may have paid but ur carrybag isn't big enough to hold all the items so u will get none.
    4. The solution to point 3(considering it as a problem which was absolutely not) was sending units. Most simple way kabam can compensate for years worth of loyalty the player base shown till now to this broken game. But alas.. We don't send units and compensation ever!! Not even when thats the best and simple way to compensate with and not some rng dependent stuff and champions.

SUMMARY - won't send units(which is simple solution for stash problem)

Won't send potions and revives cause u cannot hold a years worth of potions and revives it will pile up on stash

Won't continue weekly compensation cause based on some hypothetical theory every issue is fixed

There are now permanent revive farming spots that werent really available before. So if you put in the work yo ucan do ALL challenges unitless. Revives and pots arent really needed.
  • Deder80Deder80 Posts: 584 ★★★
    edited June 2022
    I’m torn on how I feel. I mean I could of been a thronebreaker by now if the game didn’t have so many issues unless I wanted to spend butt load of units which I did not. I’m actually disappointed in the “care package”. They really didn’t taylor it to an actually year long suffering and frustrating customer stand point. Especially to those of us that still supported the game financially so that the kabam team can get paid to do what they do. I whole heartedly feel like that package should been at least double what we got. We went a whole year! Not 3-4 months… a year with and still going with a broken game that only affect us not the AI. We pay their bills and feels like we get slapped in that face in return. So I’m really hoping for a part 2 comp package.
  • KennyPLKennyPL Posts: 114 ★★
    edited July 2022
    Bugmat78 said:

I really think given how long they took they should've done a compensation store and given us compensation tokens to go and buy what we wanted/needed individually (including currency like glory or loyalty) over a a 4-week period or something. Hopefully they can consider this for any future compensation.

What future compensation? The game is fixed. Isn't it? :D