**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance war rating - strange numbers

We always play 3BGs and get the typical +/- 50 rating after the war.
That’s how it was always and also for the first AW in this season. Now suddenly we only got +/- 20. what is wrong? Same goes for some other alliances. Has Kabam changed something? We still play 3 BGs

Comments

• Options
    Cott885Cott885 Posts: 13

• Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 460 ★★★
    same here, we lost the first war and our rank dropped, now it will take us 3 wins to get back our original rank.....
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★
    Yeah strange, we got +12 / -12. It used to be in the high 20’s - 40 in tier 4.
  • Options
    TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
    Same here came to the forum to say the same.

+19 for us -20 for opponent t4 war
  • Options
    GrumrokGrumrok Posts: 64
    edited July 2022
    Yeah there is definetly something wrong (weird) with the added numbers for a victory.
    Same here t5 war.
    +19 for a win in the second war instead of around 45-50 approximately. (48 the first war victory of the season)

I didn't read something about a change in rating of win/loss for the season.

• Options
    The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Same thing here.. Can any mod look into this? @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike @Kabam Porthos
  • Options
    I sent tickets but Kabam doesn’t reply to any... this is super fun again
  • Options
    Mik81Mik81 Posts: 80
    Not only that, we are in grade 3, x6 multiplier and we got grade 4, x4.5 multiplier.
  • Options
    GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    Seems just fine
  • Options
    Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★
    Again?
    Kabam please look into this. And we dropped a tier too after winning ours
  • Options
    ChulChul Posts: 3
    Dang..
    Hi Kabam @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike ,
    Pls give us the explanation.
    Why happen like this ?
    1st AW, the point are : victory +around 50; defeat : -around 50.
    2nd AW, the point are : victory +19; defeat : -20
    & Now for 3rd AW, still the same like the 2nd AW ?

Its really bad, not fair for the competition... !!
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★
    We got +12 / -12 again.
  • Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 540 ★★★
    these seem more like off-season numbers, hope they can make adjustments or cancel the season
  • Options
    SaranSaran Posts: 11
    Same with our alliance
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Wonder if it’s something to do with rating being locked in the off season for many alliances in the higher tiers (ours was t7) I had support confirm it was a bug (after two weeks lol)
  • Options
    Damiano83Damiano83 Posts: 19
    I'm in a pillow alliance for summer vacation... we've won the last war but anyways have lost 2 tiers LOL from tier 7 to 9 by winning
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,164 ★★★★
    My guess would be it's to do with the bell curve of AW ratings. As your AW rating changes, the amount by which it will change will also differ.
  • Options
    It's a bug no doubt, I never saw things like this.
  • Options
    Duo_KulioDuo_Kulio Posts: 182 ★★
    Of course it's a bug and as I wrote to the support, they wrote back that everything is ok.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    The +- war rating change is actually indicative of the relative war rating of your opponent alliance.

They usually come in pairs of large +/small -, or small -/large +. The former indicates an opponent with a much higher war rating, while the former indicates a lower war rating.

If the +- is relatively even, such as +12/-12 as above mentioned, the alliances tend to be evenly matched in terms of war ratings.

That’s a formula that can roughly calculate your opponent’s war rating based on it.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited July 2022
    xNig said:

The +- war rating change is actually indicative of the relative war rating of your opponent alliance.

They usually come in pairs of large +/small -, or small -/large +. The former indicates an opponent with a much higher war rating, while the former indicates a lower war rating.

If the +- is relatively even, such as +12/-12 as above mentioned, the alliances tend to be evenly matched in terms of war ratings.

That’s a formula that can roughly calculate your opponent’s war rating based on it.

Your missing something though. I've played a lot of War and the two numbers generally add up to 60. I think it's a little different for newer alliances but for older ones, you should typically be getting a +30/-30 in a fair matchup, not +12/-12. Something definitely changed since the first War of the season as that one granted the rating correctly. Based on the timing of this, it makes me think it was unintentional and is either a bug or something was implemented earlier than it was supposed to. Leaning toward it being a bug though.

Edit: we do 1 BG so the 60 point thing is maybe different for 2 and 3 BG but my point is that it's been consistent for seasons and now suddenly isn't
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Duo_Kulio said:

Of course it's a bug and as I wrote to the support, they wrote back that everything is ok.

They will tell you everything is OK until everyone say so
    Again, an alliance can lose 60 points in the first war, now it take 3-4 wins to get back to the original position, this is horrible.
  • Options
    Th fact that everyone else's war tiers is based off GT40 War rating shows how broken the system is.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

xNig said:

Your missing something though. I've played a lot of War and the two numbers generally add up to 60. I think it's a little different for newer alliances but for older ones, you should typically be getting a +30/-30 in a fair matchup, not +12/-12. Something definitely changed since the first War of the season as that one granted the rating correctly. Based on the timing of this, it makes me think it was unintentional and is either a bug or something was implemented earlier than it was supposed to. Leaning toward it being a bug though.

Edit: we do 1 BG so the 60 point thing is maybe different for 2 and 3 BG but my point is that it's been consistent for seasons and now suddenly isn't
    That’s not true. I’ve seen +100/-0 or vice versa before.
  • Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★
    The point is not for it to be possible, it’s that so many alliances that have always have had say +/-50 wars are all having +/-12 aw right now. It can be a change in the way things are calculated from now on and if that’s the case, kabam can easily address it as so. Or it could be a bug in the rating system at the moment, people are just asking for clarity
  • Options
    Terror_TomTerror_Tom Posts: 152
    The
    We had the Same problem already Last war and now again. Can we get any clarification and that?
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone!

This is something we have eyes on, hoping to have more info soon!

Hey thanks for replying
    But as this is now already the second war going in like this with the bug I am sure this will take all Motivation from my alliance now chasing the next tier with just half speed. We usually have +/- 50 with 3 BG, now not even half of the points. Many many alliances have the same problem
    This is very bad for all those chasing higher tiers. Actually all alliances from t2 downwards I guess. We need a fix or a recalculation before season ends
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone!

This is something we have eyes on, hoping to have more info soon!

Hope you guys can fix it before the second week of the season, it have already screwed many alliances.
  • Options
    any update?