**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

deep wounds working

Ghost787Ghost787 Posts: 16
edited July 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I was a bit confused on how deep wounds works in defense i used to think it works against anyone who gets bleed debuff on them but clearly thats not the case cause i tried omega red (4*) against nick (6*) and nick was not doing any direct damage mentioned in dw i run one point in dw and one point in coagulate.
Second part I am confused about is I thought that direct damage is for the duration of bleed debuff but when I tried bleed was dealing damage only on the instance bleed debuff is applied and not for its duration
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    well 4* omega red will definitely have less health than a 6* r3 thats why i am confused why it is not doing any damage to me when it should do at the point when bleed is inflicted on me it is working fine on corvus
  • Options
    EscornaboiEscornaboi Posts: 2,448 ★★★
    @Ghost787 Omega Red's mutant physiology makes him immune to Poison effects and reduces Bleed damage by 90%.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Did that nick fury had any points in the Deep wounds mastery?
  • Options
    @Escornaboi i was under the impression that bleed resistant has nothing to do with the damage deep wounds does on impact cause corvus is 100% resistant to bleed when he has glaive charges and he was taking damage or is only 90% resistant and i gave him 10% more from coagulate in order to make it even and he was not taking any damage
  • Options
    @Eb0ny-O-M4w yep it was my nick and i am running one in dw
  • Options
    i used both corvus ad omega against my nick and one was taking direct damage on impact and one was not this bit is confusing me
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Ghost787 said:

@Escornaboi i was under the impression that bleed resistant has nothing to do with the damage deep wounds does on impact cause corvus is 100% resistant to bleed when he has glaive charges and he was taking damage or is only 90% resistant and i gave him 10% more from coagulate in order to make it even and he was not taking any damage

Actually, Corvus does not take damage from Bleed debuffs.

Deep Wounds is not a debuff.

Omega Red (according to auntm.ai) is simply 90% resistant to Bleed, which I assume includes the "instant bleed" from Deep Wounds.
  • Options
    @GrandOldKai corvus is resistant to bleed as well he has 100% resistance as long as he has glaive immunity but he still takes damage from dw when bleed debuff is placed on the other hand omega is 90% resistant and he does not take damage which btw he used to but now he does not as it stands any bleed resistant champ can take p3 dont need true bleed immunity which in the past was not the case if defender is running dw
  • Options
    mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★
    Ghost787 said:

I was a bit confused on how deep wounds works in defense i used to think it works against anyone who gets bleed debuff on them but clearly thats not the case cause i tried omega red (4*) against nick (6*) and nick was not doing any direct damage mentioned in dw i run one point in dw and one point in coagulate.
    Second part I am confused about is I thought that direct damage is for the duration of bleed debuff but when I tried bleed was dealing damage only on the instance bleed debuff is applied and not for its duration

OR has 90% bleed resistance btw...but as I understand how Deep Wounds work.. only the bleed side of it (sorry for the english spelling):

Let's say you have maxed out deep wounds. That gives you 2.5 seconds longer bleed.
    Then let's say you have a champ that on SP1 gives the opponent 1 bleed debuff that causes 600 damage over 7.5 seconds.
    With Deep Wounds, this will now be 10 seconds... that's 1/3 more duration. So since 1/3 of 600 is 200, instead of causing 600 damage you will cause 800 damage..
    Hope I explained it right 😅.
  • Options
    mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★
    Btw I'm not sure this is how it works, so please don't trust me on this....but it makes sense to me if this is how it works.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Ghost787 said:

@GrandOldKai corvus is resistant to bleed as well he has 100% resistance as long as he has glaive immunity but he still takes damage from dw when bleed debuff is placed on the other hand omega is 90% resistant and he does not take damage which btw he used to but now he does not as it stands any bleed resistant champ can take p3 dont need true bleed immunity which in the past was not the case if defender is running dw

Nightcrawler's Instant Bleed works fine against Corvus when he has charges.

My Omega Red still takes a little damage from these Instant Bleeds... because I don't have Coagulate

(interestingly, Nightcrawler's Instant Bleed very briefly triggers Death Field)

I also tested Nick Fury against both (I have Deep Wounds 4/5 IIRC)

Corvus took standard damage from the effect of Deep Wounds (113 damage to be exact), but took no damage from the actual ticking debuffs. I assume that the Passive Bleed Nick can cause will normally damage Corvus, but I didn't reach that

Edit:

Not a debuff; Corvus is damaged normally

Omega Red conversely took very little damage from either, so his bleed resistance definitely does come into play
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    i am not talking about bleed damage here i am talking about instant bleed damage that dw has (2nd part of dw) i am runnning one point in coagulate so or wont take any damage from bleed effects nor does corvus but corvus takes damage the instance bleed is placed on him but omega is not taking any damage @mortenhy @GrandOldKai
  • Options
    Ghost787 said:

i am not talking about bleed damage here i am talking about instant bleed damage that dw has (2nd part of dw) i am runnning one point in coagulate so or wont take any damage from bleed effects nor does corvus but corvus takes damage the instance bleed is placed on him but omega is not taking any damage @mortenhy @GrandOldKai

And, as I am saying, Corvus will still take damage from Deep Wounds's second effect as it is not a Debuff but an instant Bleed effect that happens the moment a Bleed Debuff is applied

If a champ is totally immune to Bleed effects (e.g. Colossus), the Deep Wounds effect won't apply
    If a champ is immune to Debuffs (e.g. Debuff Immunity node), the Deep Wounds effect won't apply
    Corvus is not immune to debuffs, he simply takes 0 damage from them. They can still be applied normally which is why the Deep Wounds instant bleed works on him.

While Omega Red is not immune to Bleed debuffs, he has a 90% Bleed Resistance which not only reduces damage from Bleed Debuffs, but also bleed effects like Nightcrawler's Instant Bleed and Deep Wounds's secondary effect - he will not take damage because his natural Bleed resistance is stacking with Coagulate to push it over 100% resistance or something along those lines

What is the exact problem you are having - is it Corvus taking damage (which he should), or Omega Red not taking damage?