**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mole-Man true accuracy removed during Frenzy.

Comments

• GhostOfYostGhostOfYost Posts: 59
    Again, adding my voice to the fray that this is a terrible change. He should have been left as-is. Please revert Moleman to his post-buff, pre-fix state.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    Moleman either needs reverted or we should get rdt
  • EchoBravoEchoBravo Posts: 63
    thanks kabam. Thanks @ kabam Jax.
  • Upanddown_69Upanddown_69 Posts: 248
    Kabam Jax said:

As per this post in News and Announcements:

With v36.0, we made changes to Mole Man to bring his game play in line with his champion description. We were aware of the community sentiment around this choice and I assured you we would continue conversations behind the scenes.

We acknowledge that the weight of this issue lies in: we failed to communicate over a prolonged period of time regarding this bug, and as a result it essentially became a nerf. We apologize for the way this was handled.

As a result, we have decided to grant rankdown tickets to all players with a 5- or 6-star Mole Man. This is an effort to give our summoners the choice to handle the situation how they please.

These tickets will be available in the next week or two and will have an expiry date attached to them. They will be accessible through your in-game mail.

And what about people who used a precious gem to awaken mole man because he was so amazing, when they could have used it on fury, falcon, or many others… I rank down and then just write off the gem that I paid 13,000 units for on cyber weekend?
    In fact- it was 18,000 units
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 506 ★★★

Lol at everyone who said RDTs would never happen

Interesting that the official word is “it essentially became a nerf”. A bug being left this long without confirmation being fixed is essentially a nerf in Kabam’s view.

All in all, Kabam have done the right thing. Nobody should expect RDTs for every (or any, really) bug fix because this is a very specific situation.

Thank you for listening to the feedback, and while it’s a shame Moleman wasn’t left as he is, at the same time I understand that bugs should be fixed and this is a pretty good compromise. It would have been nice to update the description, but by no means necessary.

Well said. I’m happy about the rdt but honestly would have loved to keep moleman as is as the final outcome.

Regardless thanks kabamm for listening
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 215 ★★★
    Rank down tickets are the wrong move. We want Mole back the way he was. He wasn't even a clear "top in class" the way he was - why bother nerfing him? Such a pointless thing to do, with the only result being to anger your player base. Keep your rank down tickets, and just change him back. Or bring him to the middle ground where if you go past 10 mass, even in frenzy, you lose the true strike. Everyone seemed happy with this compromise change that still kept a fun and engaging champ in the game with his main piece of utility intact.

You say you "acknowledge the root of the issue", but I really don't think you do. The root of the issue is your are ruining another champ that wasn't broken. Namor wasn't broken and you did him dirty. The rank down tickets are "fine", but ultimately most of us would rather have a wider selection of champs to be excited about.
  • AquonicAquonic Posts: 2
    With the mole man rank down tickets will we be able to get the sig stones that were put into him and would we be able to get awakening gems back if spent on mole man?
  • Kingmaker00Kingmaker00 Posts: 23
    edited July 2022
    With this “solution” for kabam’s moleman issue is a rank down gem. Which is quite interesting. Does that mean, the player that rank downs their moleman get all of the rank up material along with the iso and gold they spent to rank up him? Or is it just simply the catalyst. Kabam Jax wasn’t clear with that in his post can someone clear this up for me?
    Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    To the people saying revert him, know that it’s not happening.
    OwGss said:

I’ll take the RTD if it gives back ALL resources I’ve put in him otherwise it’s a waste… sig stones, gold and gem please.

Yes please!!!

1800 units on cyber weekend for the awakening gem crystal == $600 cash. How can Kabam remotely think people wouldn’t want it back!
    I don’t think they know (or care) that this was literally what most people use him for. Without True accuracy he hits like a joke with a super low crit rate.

So I can choose now between countering any tough evade champ and being killed because the fight lasts till i inevitably make a mistake due to the low damage, or I get high damage, and then get nuked by an evade champ with the new dexing and intercepting AI!

Nice Kabam
    Is there a single thing that he now does for which there aren’t several other champs that do it much better?? Anyone?
    edited July 2022
    Not just saying this to be dramatic- for me it’s more like 60-70%. That was the one special piece of his kit, the one thing that made him a standout.

If it was a 5* I would care about the awakening gem, but I’ve only had 2 6* ones, ever. I want it back.

Can’t really think of where I’d use him now, there’s someone better for everything.