Options

Mole-Man true accuracy removed during Frenzy.

Comments

• Options
    XygonXygon Posts: 123
    edited July 2022
    ExHavok said:

He wasn't game breaking at all like She Hulk's Heavy chain after combo, Ultron/HB bug or even Medusa's permanent bleeds. This was unintentional, yes , but it made him actually valuable. I'm not saying he is not valuable at this point but we must admit he lost at least %30-40 of his use.

This!

He has a “MoleGod” moniker, but he was great for specific things, good for everything else. I use KP more, and bring MoleMan when his kit fits the bill. He was a great champ, but it’s not like you saw him on 100% of attack teams.
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,104 ★★★
    Kabam jax bearing the good news. A good call for sure. It needed to happen.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,296 ★★★★★
    Nocko said:

I wonder why this change was made now, not just a after this long, but specifically they fixed him mid month when the first fix didnt work
    Why all the sudden rush to make sure his "bug" is fixed?

The cynic in me wonders if he in his previous state was going to be too easy for an upcoming EOP fight :lol:

Honestly, people complain when they don't fix things, they complain when they do. I'd say they're being fair in giving people the opportunity to get their Resources back.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,097 ★★★★★
    Aquonic said:

With the mole man rank down tickets will we be able to get the sig stones that were put into him and would we be able to get awakening gems back if spent on mole man?

Probably not because ranking materials and signature stones are technically two separate things and the only other time that they refunded all materials including signature stones was when they allowed people to sell their 5 + 6 star Namor & Cull Obsidian.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,296 ★★★★★
    Woodchuch said:

Nocko said:

I wonder why this change was made now, not just a after this long, but specifically they fixed him mid month when the first fix didnt work
    Why all the sudden rush to make sure his "bug" is fixed?

The cynic in me wonders if he in his previous state was going to be too easy for an upcoming EOP fight :lol:

Honestly, people complain when they don't fix things, they complain when they do. I'd say they're being fair in giving people the opportunity to get their Resources back.
    Not fair they fix what’s important to us and don’t fix what makes them money
    If that were true, it would have been fixed on day 1. People got some use out of it. In fact, there have been a number of things left that people used. For one reason or another.
  • Options
    Saint_Mart74Saint_Mart74 Posts: 84
    @007Bishop @KrazyKilroy Lol. I totally agree with you both. People who don't read a champs spotlight or even watch their deep dive video, are the same people who ask their Alliance who should they rank up on their roster. These players are so annoying. I just awakened and R3 The Overseer knowing he could be bugged because it doesn't say that he could stun with his SP1 while hitting into a block. If Kabam decides to fix this I'm not gonna **** and wine. I'll be like, "Well, party's over I guess," and move on.
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,196 ★★★
    After this "nerf" he works exactly as his abilities say he should work. There is no need for rank down tickets. I understand this bug has been around for a long while, but he ALWAYS said his true strike only lasts while under 10 monster mass and not in Frenzy
  • Options
    LeatherhotheadLeatherhothead Posts: 29
    sai90110 said:

Kabam Jax said:

As per this post in News and Announcements:

With v36.0, we made changes to Mole Man to bring his game play in line with his champion description. We were aware of the community sentiment around this choice and I assured you we would continue conversations behind the scenes.

We acknowledge that the weight of this issue lies in: we failed to communicate over a prolonged period of time regarding this bug, and as a result it essentially became a nerf. We apologize for the way this was handled.

As a result, we have decided to grant rankdown tickets to all players with a 5- or 6-star Mole Man. This is an effort to give our summoners the choice to handle the situation how they please.

These tickets will be available in the next week or two and will have an expiry date attached to them. They will be accessible through your in-game mail.

I know molegod will not be back and I don't want to spend my time arguing about it but @KabamJax tell me this will the rank down tickets also give me the sig stones I put into him?(nearly 180). If no then I don't want your rank down tickets. As everyone knows sig stones are most valuable in game and with those I can improve my prestige. So if your are providing rank down tickets make sure that they also give sigs when we rank him down.
    I am sorry to say but i think rank down tickets doesn't give stones, gold or ISO back they just give you back the rank up materials that's all. The only time players got gold and sig stones when they were allowed to sell namor and cull. So yeah it's mostly rip Sig Stones ):
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    To those who ranked Moleman I am sorry guys if it was fixed much earlier it wouldn't have been an issue like they did with ultron.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    My guess, and it’s just a guess, is that they’ll give exactly what it took to rank up your 5* or 6*. For instance, here is what it took to r5 my 5*:

I’m sure I’ll receive 2 t5b, 6 t4 skill, 6 t1a, and 6 t2a. If someone used a rank up gem, I’m sure they would still give out the catalysts instead of giving the gem back.
  • Options
    Pj34sPj34s Posts: 2
    Well that sucks. And how long can we hold on to the rank down ticket? Like can I just hold on to it till I get a better skill champ? Or do I have to use it within a time limit?
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 973 ★★★
    Pj34s said:

Well that sucks. And how long can we hold on to the rank down ticket? Like can I just hold on to it till I get a better skill champ? Or do I have to use it within a time limit?

It will be specific to 5 and 6 star Mole Men only. In the past, champion specific RDT's had an expiration on them.
  • Options
    MrFullStopMrFullStop Posts: 148 ★★
    Thank you Kabam for doing the right thing,
    a side note for people saying that was ok for them, don't use RDT since you guys seems to not need it in the first place
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,073 ★★★
    My r3 Moleman is very sad for being ranked down soon....
  • Options
    Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★
    1st: He is still great.
    2nd: It is just a bug fix.
    3rd: You just have to adjust your play style.
    4th: Bugs which help players are still bugs.
    5th: I only have him 5/65 but wouldn't use a rank down gem also if I had him as a 6* R4.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,319 ★★★★★
    This is a middle ground. And I appreciate kabam for this.
    I feel some comfort towards players with R4 moles. Even when this won't give them SIG's back atleast this will get people a different class r4 option(people who used their r4 class gem).

I'm gonna us my rdt for a lvl up event and bring him back to r3
    As Mole is my BG defender... a wrong matchup and he is unkillable. If forces opponent to bring a counter. Massive tankiness, high physical resistance, shruggs, long specials which eats time.
    Secret tip: harder to bait specials due to spacing against some size champs ;)

I won't use him for his TA anymore.. Yes he won't be time efficient against evaders and autoblockers, but his guaranteed crits/bleeds/mega sp2 is still a nuke for BG.
  • Options
    _Savitar__Savitar_ Posts: 2
    I want all the money, time and effort that i but into getting make man. A rank down ticket is not going to give me my money back.