**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance war rating - strange numbers

Comments

• AndyBro59AndyBro59 Posts: 10
    My alliance keeps dropping in ranking while winning haven't lost yet or moved tiers so if you were in a high tier to start your good. Everyone else is screwed
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Has anyone
    Moved tiers? The numbers shouldn’t matter as tiers just contain a certain amount of alliances, the first war was on old numbers system so that was confusing, but we haven’t moved tiers and I’m seeing a few people say they haven’t either
  • Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★
    Nope, posted as well about this. This is not good for our push of the season
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,360 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

Has anyone
    Moved tiers? The numbers shouldn’t matter as tiers just contain a certain amount of alliances, the first war was on old numbers system so that was confusing, but we haven’t moved tiers and I’m seeing a few people say they haven’t either

Haven't moved tiers even after winning 4 in a row. We normally bounce between 10 and 9 but stuck on 10 now.
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Just cancel the aw season now. If the company can't handle anything then atleast they can do one thing " not to waste their customers time and effort"
  • greyblue42greyblue42 Posts: 125
    edited July 2022

We are affected by this as well. We lost the first one (-50) and now won 3 times (+15 each).
    We currently play Silver1 with 2 BGs.

Also - There are a lot of Discussions with the same topic...so probably a lot of people are affected by it.
    It's going on for a week now.

@Kabam Jax: Is there an update?
  • FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 451 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    so what's your point? it's an issue that can be ignored?
    Jaded said:

FunnyDude said:

Jaded said:

FunnyDude said:

We lost our first war (-30) and have won the next two (+12 each). Still not back to where we started. Under the old system, our wins were +40 for where we’re at in war tiers.

Many alliance were screwed up by this issue.
    Actually it only screwed over alliances that lost the first war. It’s benefiting those that won the first war.
    so it's 50% alliances right?
    I never put a number to it, I’m only stating that the alliances that lost have a larger hill to climb back up to where they were and those that won have a superficial buffer because of it now. If an ally is on the cuff of tiers and typically bounce between two tiers if they lost the first won dropping them out of a higher tier itll be near impossible for them to catch up to those that won/jumped them. So definitely not 50% of alliances would that impact.
  • Luckylefty01Luckylefty01 Posts: 155
    We really need some answers on this issue as it is becoming increasingly frustrating to win wars and drop in war ranking.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    FunnyDude said:

so what's your point? it's an issue that can be ignored?

Jaded said:

FunnyDude said:

Jaded said:

FunnyDude said:

We lost our first war (-30) and have won the next two (+12 each). Still not back to where we started. Under the old system, our wins were +40 for where we’re at in war tiers.

Many alliance were screwed up by this issue.
    Actually it only screwed over alliances that lost the first war. It’s benefiting those that won the first war.
    so it's 50% alliances right?
    I never put a number to it, I’m only stating that the alliances that lost have a larger hill to climb back up to where they were and those that won have a superficial buffer because of it now. If an ally is on the cuff of tiers and typically bounce between two tiers if they lost the first won dropping them out of a higher tier itll be near impossible for them to catch up to those that won/jumped them. So definitely not 50% of alliances would that impact.
    No, I never said that. This isn’t an issue that can be ignored.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone!

This is something we have eyes on, hoping to have more info soon!

Any update to this?

Cancel war season and hand out rewards based on the previous season.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Wondering what the update on this is also

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone!

Any update to this?

Is it effecting everyone? Honestly curious if you know
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,360 ★★★★★
    I think the change was deliberate to combat shell alliances.
    Now that its exposed some other problems Kabam acts like a deer in the headlights like every other time one of their improvements doesn't go well.
    Jaded said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone!

Any update to this?

I'm pretty sure the points gained/lost is the same for everyone. Would be interested to see what T1 and Masters points look like.

I mean I'm sure everyone is getting reduced points for the win/loss. So that is "everyone". The problem is those alliances that LOST the first war. We can effectively say 50%. Those alliances are having a harder time bouncing back. If the first war wasn't the higher points I don't think it would really matter. But in the past a loss would require ~2 wins to overcome. Here it's taking 4 wins to get back to starting.

If the 1st war would have been the 19/20 we are seeing then everything would essentially be fine. But it wasn't and that means at least 50% of alliances have an "unfair" point advantage.

I think that's the bigger issue. Either the 1st war was pointed wrong, or the mote recent ones were. Either way there is an issue that needs to be addressed, rather quickly. Either scrap the 1st war or scrap the season. If the season is scrapped last season rewards should be given.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Well we haven’t moved tiers but we won first three lost last two so it’s plausible, could be something that’s a broken correction to t7+ wars being locked off season and trying to fix whatever was wrong there?

Jaded said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone!

Any update to this?

I'm pretty sure the points gained/lost is the same for everyone. Would be interested to see what T1 and Masters points look like.

I mean I'm sure everyone is getting reduced points for the win/loss. So that is "everyone". The problem is those alliances that LOST the first war. We can effectively say 50%. Those alliances are having a harder time bouncing back. If the first war wasn't the higher points I don't think it would really matter. But in the past a loss would require ~2 wins to overcome. Here it's taking 4 wins to get back to starting.

If the 1st war would have been the 19/20 we are seeing then everything would essentially be fine. But it wasn't and that means at least 50% of alliances have an "unfair" point advantage.

I think that's the bigger issue. Either the 1st war was pointed wrong, or the mote recent ones were. Either way there is an issue that needs to be addressed, rather quickly. Either scrap the 1st war or scrap the season. If the season is scrapped last season rewards should be given.
    Yup exactly what I’ve been saying. I’m curious to see t1-2 +/- points. I know t3 we have been getting 19/20.
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone!

Any update to this?

Yup exactly what I’ve been saying. I’m curious to see t1-2 +/- points. I know t3 we have been getting 19/20.
    I doubt anyone in t1-2 will post them.
  • MalPMalP Posts: 6

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone!

Any update to this?

I posted T1 numbers earlier in the thread. We have a K of 39 (e.g. +19/-20, +25/-14, +5/-34).
    MalP said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone!

Any update to this?

I posted T1 numbers earlier in the thread. We have a K of 39 (e.g. +19/-20, +25/-14, +5/-34).
    Technically you didn’t post the numbers you only stated they equal to 39. The ask was if someone would post screenshots of their +/-.
  • MalPMalP Posts: 6
    Jaded said:

MalP said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone!

Any update to this?

Technically you didn’t post the numbers you only stated they equal to 39. The ask was if someone would post screenshots of their +/-.
    We have +22/-17 this war. Other T1 alliances this war range from +1/-38 to +33/-6.
    MalP said:

Jaded said:

MalP said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone!

Any update to this?

We have +22/-17 this war. Other T1 alliances this war range from +1/-38 to +33/-6.
    So post screenshots.....you can claim that. But I simply said I doubt any higher ranking alliances will show proof IE a screenshot. People can claim anything they want. But the silence of images is deafening.

We are trying to see if it is happening to everyone, or if this is a way to keep lower tiers from advancing.

The timing of the point drop is kind of puzzling. And with lack of hard evidence tin foil hat theories will take hold. One being that Kabam reduced t3 and down to keep those higher alliances happy amd solid in their placement.
  • Kibble001Kibble001 Posts: 58

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

As I previously mentioned, this was brought to our attention and is something we've been investigating.

The scoring system was adjusted in this AW season; this was not intentional and therefore is not a new norm. We have found the cause of the issue but will not be able to implement a change until the next season. While I know this has been frustrating, please be aware that the scoring issue is affecting all alliances equally, not just yours.

We are going to continue to monitor the impact of this change through the season and will reconvene afterwards to see what further action needs to be/can be taken.

On the one hand you have the fact that it affects everyone, but they are ignoring the low alliances that we must win twice as many wars to go up in category, my alliance as an example with 3 wins in a row we went up from grade 3 to 2, today as a result of this with 4 we are not even close to going up, so our multiplier is low and we cannot opt ​​for better prizes even with this effort, and on the other side the high level alliances are not worried about losing, because now it takes them twice as many wars losses lose their multiplier and are quietly with their positions and grade. That is by no means fair. Why not finish the season earlier, launch the solution and have a fair season and not lose resources in this unfair way without qualifying for better prizes?
    I enjoyed your reply. Calm, well thought out, clearly stated consequences and options. Very well written.

I agree. There is a sense of safety when you loose a war in that you won’t slide too far back in points. But at the same time, knowing that there is very little potential to advance in a win.

At this point, it would make sense to end the season as advancing and competition are pointless. In another 2 weeks. Unless you are right at the border of a reward tier, we’ll probably find that no one else has moved. Just wasted time.
  • FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 451 ★★★
    The last war in the last season and the first war in this season impact a lot of alliances
  • AndyBro59AndyBro59 Posts: 10
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

As I previously mentioned, this was brought to our attention and is something we've been investigating.

The scoring system was adjusted in this AW season; this was not intentional and therefore is not a new norm. We have found the cause of the issue but will not be able to implement a change until the next season. While I know this has been frustrating, please be aware that the scoring issue is affecting all alliances equally, not just yours.

We are going to continue to monitor the impact of this change through the season and will reconvene afterwards to see what further action needs to be/can be taken.

It does not effect all alliances equally. It greatly benefits the alliances that started out in higher tiers because of the multipliers there is now way for lower tiered alliances to move up.
  • ArpollitoArpollito Posts: 79

All the alliances that lost the first War of the season are at a disadvantage and therefore that war should not count then after that all the rest of the wars would be fair because that’s when the system went to 20 or -20 with a win or a loss. Fair is Fair. The season should continue if you can erase the first war of the season but since that’s when placement occurs then the season should be canceled and all scores should be returned to the way they where before season started!!!