**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are we getting a new variant any time soon?

GarrettNGarrettN Posts: 1,092 ★★★★★
edited July 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
I can’t recall when the last one was and 8.1 is likely looming. With the buff program mostly gone and the bugs sticking around, it’d be nice to have that energy redirected to putting out some new permanent content.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    this month would’ve been perfect timing as well since it would’ve been kamala’s first day
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 763 ★★★
    Some new content would be nice.

If a Variant: either difficulty should match Variants 2-7 or rewards should be end game content.

Personally, I'd rather see 8.1 get released.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,205 ★★★★★
    V8 came Nov' 2021
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    If theres no 6* sig stones and buffed 6* shard rewards, theres no point
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    Variants are easy and not really worth the rewards. I'm not sure what the solution is. Make it really difficult and give r4 reward that's the majority of the player base will complain about, or keep it available to everyone with outdated rewards. Probably better for Kabam to make other content with their manpower.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,205 ★★★★★

V8 came Nov' 2021

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,732 ★★★★★

If variants are “dead” I’d love to see the 5* rank up gems moved to other areas of the game. For myself (and many others I’m sure) we don’t rank 5*s anymore outside of these gems and if the fun relatively easy content that rewarded them isn’t going to be around as much or ever again I think it would be cool to see 2-3, 3-4, or 4-5 5* gems moved to like each months Side Quest’s solo objectives.

Like we get a free 5* rank up every month for doing the side quest, and since they’ve recently been moved to be included in the event quests exploration rewards and in the early access as guaranteed rewards I don’t think the emphasis or value on 5* is as high so doing something like this wouldn’t break the game and would just be more fun.

Yeah, I would love this. That would open up so much fun stuff. I very rarely rank up 5*s anymore since that uses up resources that could be better spent on ranking up 6*s, but I do love those rank-up gems. Plus, we're still only at 2017 gems if I recall correctly. It would be nice to see some newer ones obtainable somewhere in the game.
  • TrenzaloreTrenzalore Posts: 182 ★★★
    Sounds like we traded back issues for battle grounds…. Not a very fair trade.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    Ercarret said:

If variants are “dead” I’d love to see the 5* rank up gems moved to other areas of the game. For myself (and many others I’m sure) we don’t rank 5*s anymore outside of these gems and if the fun relatively easy content that rewarded them isn’t going to be around as much or ever again I think it would be cool to see 2-3, 3-4, or 4-5 5* gems moved to like each months Side Quest’s solo objectives.

Like we get a free 5* rank up every month for doing the side quest, and since they’ve recently been moved to be included in the event quests exploration rewards and in the early access as guaranteed rewards I don’t think the emphasis or value on 5* is as high so doing something like this wouldn’t break the game and would just be more fun.

Yeah, I would love this. That would open up so much fun stuff. I very rarely rank up 5*s anymore since that uses up resources that could be better spent on ranking up 6*s, but I do love those rank-up gems. Plus, we're still only at 2017 gems if I recall correctly. It would be nice to see some newer ones obtainable somewhere in the game.
    Yesyesyesyes yes yes yes 100% this. I love ranking 5 stars but cant justify it when I have good 6 stars to rank.

Especially because I just pulled 5 star archangel after searching for him since 2017.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    If you wanna fix the variant rewards, it’s not that hard. Throw some 6-star shards into chapter completion. Take the 5-star resources and turn them into selectors to choose between 5-star and 6-star. For example, instead of the 4/5 gem for completion, choose between that and a 6-star 1-2 gem.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,011 ★★★★
    edited July 2022
    Still haven’t been bothered 100ing 8
    Rewards for effort fail, better rewards in monthly quest lol., 5,6 and 7 were probably
    My favourite content at the time
  • mdm_mimdm_mi Posts: 45
    I would love to see the 5* rank up gems in other content. I have been waiting for variant 9 to rank Gambit, Rogue, and Storm for the Carina Challenge (when it comes back).
    Might have to use actual resources 😉