Options

moleman rankdown and skill 3-4 gem

nahhornenahhorne Posts: 76 ★★
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
when ranking down moleman, instead of getting the gem back, you get the catalysts back, it creates an inequality for people who were forced to r4 a skill champ & do not have the opportunity now to do a different class. i think it would only be fair to offer skill 4-3 rank down gems to offset the inequality now created. otherwise, now people can bypass the rng crystal we were forced onto us.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    It's never worked that way in the past on rankdown, so not sure why this time would be any different. Also, I highly doubt that would be easy or time well spent by kabam trying to figure out each person's rank ups individually.
  • Options
    BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    nahhorne said:

when ranking down moleman, instead of getting the gem back, you get the catalysts back, it creates an inequality for people who were forced to r4 a skill champ & do not have the opportunity now to do a different class. i think it would only be fair to offer skill 4-3 rank down gems to offset the inequality now created. otherwise, now people can bypass the rng crystal we were forced onto us.

As someone who is benefitting from this exact situation, I'm surprised they didn't give back Skill rank up gems instead of catalysts. If they had given back gems instead of catalysts, I may not have ranked down my Holy Moley. I assume it is too late for them to make any changes at this point. It's probably a very small percentage of people that this benefits, anyway. They would have to roll a Skill gem AND use it on Moleman, like I did. It's rare that I'm on the benefitting end of a situation like this.
  • Options
    Bocksarox said:

nahhorne said:

As someone who is benefitting from this exact situation, I'm surprised they didn't give back Skill rank up gems instead of catalysts. If they had given back gems instead of catalysts, I may not have ranked down my Holy Moley. I assume it is too late for them to make any changes at this point. It's probably a very small percentage of people that this benefits, anyway. They would have to roll a Skill gem AND use it on Moleman, like I did. It's rare that I'm on the benefitting end of a situation like this.
    yeah and you totally deserve to have the ability to rank down moleman. but should be either 1). given bsck a gem, or 2). have the ability to rank down and allow for others to rank down their skill champs they used a 3-4 on. it’s too rare of a resource for there to be inequality on this.
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Should give you the resource you used back, but that's very hard for Kabam to do retrospectively.
  • Options
    LeatherhotheadLeatherhothead Posts: 29
    They haven't give the gem yeah but because of the same reason many of us have lost our sig stones which are precious next to r4 materials. I myself lost my 120+ generic sig stones which i put on moleman after i r4 him with a skill gem. So yeah if we are gaining something we are losing some big amount too i would have just preferred if they gave the skill gem back including all the 120 sig stones i used on him. So yeah we are still at a big big loss
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,261 ★★★★★
    There's an element of pragmatism here. It is clearly a very complex system that Kabam needs to do in order to figure out who used what to rank champions. See Namor and Cull when we sold them, waited weeks and then we got them back with the relevant items and gems.

Do you really want to go through all that hassle just for the few people who pulled a skill 3-4 gem and happened to decide to use it on Moleman? Do you really think that tiny proportion of the playerbase really presents such a moral issue to the fairness of the game?

And ok, let's say that all skill 3-4 gem owners are allowed a rank down that gives generic cats. Surely that is now unfair on anyone who has completed act 7? I mean, I got a cosmic one, isn't it unfair on me that someone else could bypass the RNG and rank up who they like? I should get one as well because it's not fair that only molemen users or only skill champ rank 4 users get to rank down and get a generic.

Do you see why you have to be pragmatic here? I didn't get a skill 3-4, I know someone who used it on Moleman and they ranked up Herc instead. I can be angry about that, or I can realise that I can just be happy for a tiny proportion of the game who happened to get a skill 3-4 and happened to use it on Moleman and want to rank him down. Ideal world? Sure, it maybe could be a skill one. Big issue? Nah.
  • Options
    NSlaNSla Posts: 15
    I have never seen this before so I am confused. I have a 5 Star Rank 5 Moleman and a 6 Star Moleman Rank 3. If I use the rank down gem, does that mean I have to re-rank them up to Rank5 and Rank 3? What is the benefit of ranking them down if I like them both at the current levels? This is not very clear to me on what issue this is trying to solve
  • Options

There's an element of pragmatism here. It is clearly a very complex system that Kabam needs to do in order to figure out who used what to rank champions. See Namor and Cull when we sold them, waited weeks and then we got them back with the relevant items and gems.

Do you really want to go through all that hassle just for the few people who pulled a skill 3-4 gem and happened to decide to use it on Moleman? Do you really think that tiny proportion of the playerbase really presents such a moral issue to the fairness of the game?

And ok, let's say that all skill 3-4 gem owners are allowed a rank down that gives generic cats. Surely that is now unfair on anyone who has completed act 7? I mean, I got a cosmic one, isn't it unfair on me that someone else could bypass the RNG and rank up who they like? I should get one as well because it's not fair that only molemen users or only skill champ rank 4 users get to rank down and get a generic.

Do you see why you have to be pragmatic here? I didn't get a skill 3-4, I know someone who used it on Moleman and they ranked up Herc instead. I can be angry about that, or I can realise that I can just be happy for a tiny proportion of the game who happened to get a skill 3-4 and happened to use it on Moleman and want to rank him down. Ideal world? Sure, it maybe could be a skill one. Big issue? Nah.

Funny how you came here spitting about your justice but you didn't give a [poop] about how kabam didn't have us the signature stones back. I literally lost 120 generic stones which i put on him now what about our justice buddy? Make sure if kabam decides to give us gem back instead of cats they also give the sig stones back if you really give a [poop] about justice

You jumping to conclusions
  • Options
    NSla said:

I have never seen this before so I am confused. I have a 5 Star Rank 5 Moleman and a 6 Star Moleman Rank 3. If I use the rank down gem, does that mean I have to re-rank them up to Rank5 and Rank 3? What is the benefit of ranking them down if I like them both at the current levels? This is not very clear to me on what issue this is trying to solve

The issue it's solving is that Moleman was recently changed, so if you don't like him now you can rank him down and use your catalysts elsewhere. If you like him as he is, no worries! Keep him as he is :)
  • Options

if the answer to this is do nothing about creating an unfair balance with the rarest materials in the game, then i do not care for that perspective. i’m not gonna sit idly by without voicing my gripes.

• Options
    nahhorne said:

if the answer to this is do nothing about creating an unfair balance with the rarest materials in the game, then i do not care for that perspective. i’m not gonna sit idly by without voicing my gripes.

No I understand and even agree that in an ideal world everyone would get exactly what they used to rank Moleman, and feel free to voice those gripes. I'm just saying that realistically, this and this alone is quite a small reason to spend potentially months sorting out who used what where.

Pragmatically, sometimes in life you have to settle for what is good, not what is absolutely perfect. We'd all love to solve every issue perfectly, but it's not always worth the time or realistic.
This discussion has been closed.