**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Roadmap 2023

Anyone else feel it might be time for Kabam to show the roadmap for 2023? At least to provide some kind of hope for a better future in this game?

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Bro before releasing a roadmap for 2023, we need the things implemented from the last 2-3 roadmaps

Etm34 said:

We need an update to the 2020 and 2021 roadmaps, along with the 2022 roadmap first lol

We still need like 10 things that were supposed to come the last 2 years bro...

I get that, but a new post with updated timelines would be really helpful. I feel like they’ve abandoned old projects like raids and wish crystals. Would be nice to have clarity.
    I think it's always nice to have an idea of where things are going behind the scenes but I also realize that we might be setting ourselves up for some disappointments if they tell us that somehow their eyes were bigger than their stomachs and promised the world, only to find out that it wasn't feasible.
  • WillsilverWillsilver Posts: 63

Bro before releasing a roadmap for 2023, we need the things implemented from the last 2-3 roadmaps

Etm34 said:

We need an update to the 2020 and 2021 roadmaps, along with the 2022 roadmap first lol

We still need like 10 things that were supposed to come the last 2 years bro...

I get that, but a new post with updated timelines would be really helpful. I feel like they’ve abandoned old projects like raids and wish crystals. Would be nice to have clarity.
    I think it's always nice to have an idea of where things are going behind the scenes but I also realize that we might be setting ourselves up for some disappointments if they tell us that somehow their eyes were bigger than their stomachs and promised the world, only to find out that it wasn't feasible.
    Personally I would prefer to know if those things (ie raids, wish crystals) are actually going to happen or not. At least we would not be left wondering anymore.
  • SbkruebSbkrueb Posts: 493 ★★★
    At this point the 2023 roadmap is just a picture of a bus crashing into a wall
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Adding another roadmap at this stage is the equivalent to having a meeting to prepare for the meeting that is scheduled about an upcoming meeting.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    Last year during the 7 yr anniversary video they laid out the roadmap for the event quest and tho obviously we knew some Marvel tie-ins were happening but revealing characters is impossible unless they can but rather surprise us instead lol
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★

Anyone else feel it might be time for Kabam to show the roadmap for 2023? At least to provide some kind of hope for a better future in this game?

Still waiting on Wish crystals
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    What’s the point of a road map when kabam doesn’t stick to them? It just lifts peoples expectations then follows years worth of posts asking when stuff is happening.

We still don’t have mastery changes, wish crystals, galactus raids, relics, plus the massive disappointment that is the champion buff program.

Granted Kabam have done a lot of good stuff but I would rather they under promise and over deliver, road maps tend to be the opposite.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

We'd love to pull together a new roadmap. But, let me explain our hesitation, first.

I was not here when the previous roadmaps were created. Obviously, the world was flipped upside down in the last few years, and some specific features from the previous roadmaps were side-lined. Some of that may still be in the works, some of it may have been moved to a back burner in favour of some of the newer content we have released or planned, some of it may never surface.

That being said... There is a lingering sense from some of the community that anything that didn't see release was an "undelivered promise" and it comes up often enough to cause hesitation. Roadmaps are not promises, but rather concepts and ideas that the team are working towards. If they get to a step of development and decide a feature isn't going to provide a good player experience, or cannot feasibly fit into our game in its current state, they should step away from it and refocus.

If we don't circle back to the old roadmaps, some players will scoff at the new ones and claim everything is unlikely, or yell about what wasn't done ("why not do X like you said, first?"). If we do address the old roadmaps, it's open season for another group to argue that we didn't do enough, or that the reasons for not pursuing an idea were too weak.

If we do proceed with a new roadmap, we will have people that are mad about old roadmaps and we'll have people that will be disappointed if the features don't come to fruition, thus opening the situation to repeat itself on cycle.

You can see evidence of this type of thinking on this post and almost every other one about any previous roadmap. It's very nearly a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type of situation.

All of that said. A new roadmap is something that we are interested in pulling together. I think if we establish early on that these are concepts and ideas and are not guaranteed to see release, it's something we could all move forward with. It could provide some transparency of what's happening behind the scenes and it could give us all an idea of what we should look forward to.

Appreciate the clarification - roadmaps help provide the player base assurance the game we all enjoy will have continued investment from Kabam. I understand where you’re coming from and I hope you can reach a position where you’re comfortable sharing the next stages of this game.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

Markjv81 said:

What’s the point of a road map when kabam doesn’t stick to them? It just lifts peoples expectations then follows years worth of posts asking when stuff is happening.

We still don’t have mastery changes, wish crystals, galactus raids, relics, plus the massive disappointment that is the champion buff program.

Granted Kabam have done a lot of good stuff but I would rather they under promise and over deliver, road maps tend to be the opposite.

I’d advise you to read Jax’s post in this thread. Because it addresses everything you’ve complained about here.
    I actually started my post before he replied but got sidetracked, essentially I said the exact thing he did, none of what I said was a complaint.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

I’d advise you to read Jax’s post in this thread. Because it addresses everything you’ve complained about here.
    I actually started my post before he replied but got sidetracked, essentially I said the exact thing he did, none of what I said was a complaint.
    Perhaps complaint was a harsh word. Yours was a complaint, but not a whining sort of one, just that you were speaking negatively about them and Jax addressed everything you said. So apologies if complaint gave off a bad impression.

I don’t think you said the same thing as him though, you still said what’s the point in road maps when Kabam don’t stick to them. Whereas Jax was saying roadmaps aren’t designed to be 100% stuck to, they are a plan for what is planned to be added but it may change. Sticking to roadmaps for the sake of it would actually be really unhealthy for the game.

Jax also raised an interesting point I haven’t seen anyone else raise (and I’m kinda baffled I didn’t think of it either), but there was this kinda big thing where there was a global pandemic, that’s got to have pushed back a fair few plans.
  • TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★
    Roadmaps, schmodemaps…just stick with Mapquest. Powered by TomTom.
  • JestuhJestuh Posts: 273 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

We'd love to pull together a new roadmap. But, let me explain our hesitation, first.

I was not here when the previous roadmaps were created. Obviously, the world was flipped upside down in the last few years, and some specific features from the previous roadmaps were side-lined. Some of that may still be in the works, some of it may have been moved to a back burner in favour of some of the newer content we have released or planned, some of it may never surface.

That being said... There is a lingering sense from some of the community that anything that didn't see release was an "undelivered promise" and it comes up often enough to cause hesitation. Roadmaps are not promises, but rather concepts and ideas that the team are working towards. If they get to a step of development and decide a feature isn't going to provide a good player experience, or cannot feasibly fit into our game in its current state, they should step away from it and refocus.

If we don't circle back to the old roadmaps, some players will scoff at the new ones and claim everything is unlikely, or yell about what wasn't done ("why not do X like you said, first?"). If we do address the old roadmaps, it's open season for another group to argue that we didn't do enough, or that the reasons for not pursuing an idea were too weak.

If we do proceed with a new roadmap, we will have people that are mad about old roadmaps and we'll have people that will be disappointed if the features don't come to fruition, thus opening the situation to repeat itself on cycle.

You can see evidence of this type of thinking on this post and almost every other one about any previous roadmap. It's very nearly a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type of situation.

All of that said. A new roadmap is something that we are interested in pulling together. I think if we establish early on that these are concepts and ideas and are not guaranteed to see release, it's something we could all move forward with. It could provide some transparency of what's happening behind the scenes and it could give us all an idea of what we should look forward to.

I was just coming to make all those points Jax! Damnit you preempted me!