**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

War rating shocker continues

5 wins this season and alliance war rating has barely moved. Is this going to be fixed Kabam?

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,371 ★★★★★
    No there’s leaving it as it es
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Next season. They can’t do anything about it mid season.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,224 ★★★★★
    I don't typically pay attention to this, but in my alliance when we win a war, our rating increases about 20 points. Is that lower than normal?
  • Options
    Conspiracyism_0Conspiracyism_0 Posts: 19
    ItsDamien said:

Yeah they can, it’s called cancel season and send out compensation for the issue. The system is out of whack and effecting everyone
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

Yeah they can, it’s called cancel season and send out compensation for the issue. The system is out of whack and effecting everyone
    And that achieves what exactly? It doesn’t resolve the issue, as you’ll still likely only get whatever your current bracket rewards are, maybe one higher if they’re feeling generous, the next war season won’t start any sooner and the issue still won’t be fixed until then either.

As you said, it’s affecting everyone, so cancelling doesn’t do anything other than let those that don’t do war during off season have a longer time before the next.
  • Options
    GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150

I don't typically pay attention to this, but in my alliance when we win a war, our rating increases about 20 points. Is that lower than normal?

Lower than previous seasons - yes
    Affecting everyone - yes
  • Options
    Conspiracyism_0Conspiracyism_0 Posts: 19
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

And that achieves what exactly? It doesn’t resolve the issue, as you’ll still likely only get whatever your current bracket rewards are, maybe one higher if they’re feeling generous, the next war season won’t start any sooner and the issue still won’t be fixed until then either.

As you said, it’s affecting everyone, so cancelling doesn’t do anything other than let those that don’t do war during off season have a longer time before the next.
    Not only does it achieve what Crusader said above about wasting resources to maintain wins that don't matter, but cancelling the season will also get the bugs sorted out and everything back on track. It will get them to fix the ongoing issue, and not only that yes it is affecting everyone but now we are stuck here winning 6 or so wars in a row with no movement. Hard work pissed down the drain with resources all for what? Just to stay in the same spot and not progress? The point of it is to move forward and keep ranking up but how can that happen when you're winning all these wars and nothing to show for it?

As well as they already have another "visual issue" with defender diversity showing '0' I wonder what the next bug is going to be this season.
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 562 ★★★
    This bug is causing alliances to stay close to the same range as where they started the season. So those who are complaining "we won 5 wars in a row" would have been very unlikely to go on that same win streak if we were getting the normal amount of separation from wins and losses.

I'm honestly kinda laughing about this one. You know who is getting hurt the most, by far? Sandbaggers.
  • Options
    Kingmaker00Kingmaker00 Posts: 23
    Ya this war season has literally been a big pile of 2. My alliance has won the last straight 5 wars and our ranking within plat 4 has been dropping ever since the season began. We were aiming to get to plat 3 and possibly high with the amount of changes our leadership has put in to reforming the alliance. but it seems like a huge waste. I feel like kabam does not really care about us as a community. It like they say sorry and expect us to be fine like nothing has happened. Or they will say like this bug has affected everyone. So why not fix it ASAP instead of wait for the next season? if it was a bug that gave everyone 6* or units like crazy, you better believe, kabam would have sent out a fix out within the hour.
  • Options
    UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 533 ★★★

6 wins in a row and close to cracking into Plat 4
  • Options
    Xguard77 said:

This bug is causing alliances to stay close to the same range as where they started the season. So those who are complaining "we won 5 wars in a row" would have been very unlikely to go on that same win streak if we were getting the normal amount of separation from wins and losses.

I'm honestly kinda laughing about this one. You know who is getting hurt the most, by far? Sandbaggers.

Ya so we are staying in the same range, unable to progress to a high tier.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    The shell alliance ones got screwed, they locked tiers off season (confirmed bug) so we couldn’t drop tiers anyway (even higher tiers)
  • Options
    Unyonface said:

Did you guys ever make it to plat 4?
  • Options
    UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 533 ★★★

Unyonface said:

We won 7 wars in a row and were gold 1 still at rank 50 and lost a war that dropped us to 75 and we won our last war to put us at gold 1 rank 55. No luck getting into platinum 4, and it probably won’t happen.

• Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    After the first war, whoever won was 100 points higher in rating. If the team that won lost their next war and the looser won’t theirs, then they were still 60 points away from each other. There was really no way for anyone who lost the first war to catch up to the alliances who won, they were down a tier and the +/- each war was too low to make up for that first loss. It seems mathematically impossible to make up for the tier multiplier lost when one alliance can’t get back up to the tier they started at due to the change in rating points
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,282 ★★★★★
    Unyonface said:

Unyonface said:

We won 7 wars in a row and were gold 1 still at rank 50 and lost a war that dropped us to 75 and we won our last war to put us at gold 1 rank 55. No luck getting into platinum 4, and it probably won’t happen.

Actually, if the war ratings were working as per previous seasons, it’s highly unlikely you’ll win 7 wars in a row as you’ll match stronger opponents after your first win, and much stronger ones if you win the second time in a row.

I’m not saying it’s not possible to rank into P4, but it won’t be “7 wins in a row” getting there imo.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You do know everyone is affected right which means that everyone is getting less points which in turn means that it’s not making a difference in peoples ranking in points. One alliance isn’t getting 30-50 points per win where the other is getting 15-25. It’s the same across the board so it doesn’t merit anything other than continuing the season.

Our alliance hit a hard stretch first 5 of 6 wars winning then losing 5 in a row. We were high p4. We won 5 in a row and back to middle p3. If the low points per win was a huge problem we wouldn’t of climbed back to p3 like we normally land on.

Was season should only be canceled when others have an unfair advantage due to an issue that’s only affecting some alliance or half the alliances. This isn’t affecting every alliance.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

You do know everyone is affected right which means that everyone is getting less points which in turn means that it’s not making a difference in peoples ranking in points. One alliance isn’t getting 30-50 points per win where the other is getting 15-25. It’s the same across the board so it doesn’t merit anything other than continuing the season.

Our alliance hit a hard stretch first 5 of 6 wars winning then losing 5 in a row. We were high p4. We won 5 in a row and back to middle p3. If the low points per win was a huge problem we wouldn’t of climbed back to p3 like we normally land on.

Was season should only be canceled when others have an unfair advantage due to an issue that’s only affecting some alliance or half the alliances. This isn’t affecting every alliance.

YOUR ALLIANCE is the one that benefits at the expense of others. You lost 5/6 wars and suffered probably a 75-80 point war rating drop. This allowed you to stay at a high multiplier despite disastrous results. When things turned around, you were suddenly getting wins and a high multiplier you didn’t deserve. Meanwhile, groups on winning streaks that should’ve passed you by haven’t been able to gain ground.

Here’s the thing - it all comes back to communication. If Kabam wants to say that war rating should fluctuate less from war to war, or that this is an anti-tanking measure, say it and explain how/why they think it works. If it’s a mistake, it shouldn’t just remain as-is
    It’s actually a 50/50 on the intent. I remember seeing from either Miike or Jax that this wasn’t supposed to go live like it did (although this could be a Mandela effect with how many things have not meant to go live when it did), so I think this is something that is meant to be but the way it went into effect after the first war was not.

I know Jax said there is meant to be a season 36 update post sometime, so maybe we’ll get more answers then.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,985 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

TyEdge said:

YOUR ALLIANCE is the one that benefits at the expense of others. You lost 5/6 wars and suffered probably a 75-80 point war rating drop. This allowed you to stay at a high multiplier despite disastrous results. When things turned around, you were suddenly getting wins and a high multiplier you didn’t deserve. Meanwhile, groups on winning streaks that should’ve passed you by haven’t been able to gain ground.

Here’s the thing - it all comes back to communication. If Kabam wants to say that war rating should fluctuate less from war to war, or that this is an anti-tanking measure, say it and explain how/why they think it works. If it’s a mistake, it shouldn’t just remain as-is
    It’s actually a 50/50 on the intent. I remember seeing from either Miike or Jax that this wasn’t supposed to go live like it did (although this could be a Mandela effect with how many things have not meant to go live when it did), so I think this is something that is meant to be but the way it went into effect after the first war was not.

I know Jax said there is meant to be a season 36 update post sometime, so maybe we’ll get more answers then.
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I definitely jumped to the conclusion that *something* went wrong when war 1 was treated differently than 2-11. Whether it didn’t go live when it was supposed to or went live too late…who knows.

My group definitely could’ve chased p4 but that was out the window once the changes kept us from climbing back to tier 5.
  • Options
    Disbanded_pensDisbanded_pens Posts: 181
    It's going to be hard for alliances to rise/drop war rating if its going to stay as +/-19 instead of 50ish. We won again, one loss this season. P4 pretty much locked in now, but war rating a long way from where it should be. New plans from Kabam to change how war rating changes is fine, its their perogative. Doing it with no notification isn't.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,178 Guardian
    Perhaps if they leave the newly reduced +/- in place into coming seasons, they will cut everyone's existing War Rating in half (sort of balancing things out somewhat).

Didn’t they do that once before quite some time ago ?
  • Options

Perhaps if they leave the newly reduced +/- in place into coming seasons, they will cut everyone's existing War Rating in half (sort of balancing things out somewhat).

Didn’t they do that once before quite some time ago ?

They did indeed, it was about a year ago or so I think when they did that… there was a massive fuss about that happening too if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    MarouenMarouen Posts: 39
    Is there any news regarding the ranking in GA, our alliance has 10 wins and 1 loss, but we are still ranked GOLD 2, and our multiplier is still 2.8