**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is T1a really an issue?

Comments

• A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    lower tier players:" There is a lack of t4b/cc"
    high tier players:"Just do map5/glory duh"
    later.....
    High tier players:" There is a shortage of t1a"
    Lower tier players: "glory store/map 3"

The tables have turned.....
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    @CoatHang3r

It's simple.

In line, ask your Alliance if anyone is short on T1A.

When the wave of people says they are, realize you should bite your words.

Go ahead and explai nto your mates why they are wrong and aren't short in T1A.

Cheers.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    If they start talking about how they need alphas I’ll gladly share what I know about how to acquire them to ensure they take advantage of every alpha they can earn. I will also explain a proper upgrade rotation to ensure they are using their t1a at a similar rate to their t4b/c. However the subject has never come up, the alliance feed is regularly scrolling high rarity rank ups and we commonly hit the alpha in 3 days after about 30 hours. Now people are not particularly shy about complaining in line chat so I’m going to assume the people in there have put the tiniest bit of thought into how they upgrade and have figured it out themselves.

It’s that same tired line I keep hearing, my favorite was When Seatin’s progression video from today popped up in my auto play feed and he was like “muh alpha shortage” while having 3 in overflow and every 5 at r2. He also had a lot of t4b in overflow showing he is mismanaging his rank ups by not throwing r3s or 5/50 into his upgrade cycle to balance out his stash with acquisition rate between t1a and t4b since he himself said he was solely focused on 5s.

It’s mob think, the parroting lemmings are trapped within their own narrative with no way out because they fail to apply a minor amount of thought toward their rank ups . Anyways enjoy t1a’s increased availability after next week, I will as well.
  • A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    lower tier players:" There is a lack of t4b/cc"
    high tier players:"Just do map5/glory duh"
    later.....
    High tier players:" There is a shortage of t1a"
    Lower tier players: "glory store/map 3"

The tables have turned.....

This is exactly the issue plain and simple.. and its by design. Great way to stretch the game for profit. Nothing else needs to be said really. When ppl start ranking 5s they will understand this post
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    I think the problem is that they used to be in abundance and now they are not. I guess we need to accept that we got blindsided and from now on just treat them as a rare resource similar to T4b. The days of old where everyone was overflowing with them are gone and we need to adjust our expectations. We have more T4b now and less T1A, that may be Kabam way of evening out the resources. I'm not happy about it but we've made our concerns heard, so let's move on while they deliberate the next course of action, if any.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    I don't buy alphas from glory just basics and t2 and I've not had a shortage yet.
  • JamesMJamesM Posts: 133
    I really don't get why coat hanger is so passionate about this issue. What is the downside of freeing up some t1a? It isn't a rare item in the sense that it will cause more players to have r4 5*s. The only thing I can think of is that it may increase cutoffs for 5* arena.
    I only propose they make the 3-5 t1a in glory cheaper, I can only buy 4 a week and 5 biweekly, if I could buy 5 with a little surplus that would be nice. 2. Add a milestone for t4b and catalyst clash arena with a t1a milestone. Or they could simply reduce cost of 5* t1a out.
    I’m not even against it. I’m arguing against the unreasonable, hyperbolic, deceitful, deceptive, shortsighted, etc points of view. I’d like a little more to increase the rate I can bring up my champions, it’s really as simple as that but people want to make a mountain out of this molehill. Also if I was given access to unlimited resources I wouldn’t have much reason to keep playing and it would kill the game for me.
  • JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    why anybody would rank up a 5* at all that they arent taking to 3/45 or higher is beyond me. the extra like 2k arena points isnt worth all the t4b gold iso and the ever so scarce t1 alphas everyone is complaining about
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    R2s are good for infinity streak from fight 15 on, ironically it makes the alpha arena much quicker, and the t4b arena.
    I can't speak for him, but I believe the issue is with the claim that there is a shortage. In reality there isn't. There's an overwhelming drive to Rank 5*s faster. What he is saying is correct. There will always be some Resource that takes time to build. The higher you go in rarity, the longer it takes to Rank them. T1As are in the game. There are enough to Rank select Champs every month. There's just not enough to Rank an entire Roster in a month, and there are more 5*s floating around now. A 5* is still as rare as a 5*. Managing Resources and choosing who to Rank when is part of the game.

I'm so sick of this. Whether or not there should be an alpha shortage, to say "in reality there isn't one." is **** stupid. Lot's of people are short on alphas. Lots and lots of them. No one is complaining because they can't rank an entire roster per month. People aren't complaining because there isn't a shortage. They are complaining because t1 alphas used to be so plentiful that they didn't know what to do with them and now they are the constant bottleneck. I'm OK with them being the bottleneck if that's what the game team decides. Personally all I'm asking for is t1 alpha fragments to be put in things so that I'm not forever stuck with 1/2 an alpha on frags. Don't think that's too much to ask. But stop saying there isn't a shortage. Huge groups of the community find that there is a shortage but there isn't one because **** GW and Coathang3r say it doesn't exist.
    The truth is painful and it’s creeping into you and you’re starting to crack from the strain. Stop spouting nonsense, you can rank champions faster than you could in the past. In the past you had so many alphas cause you had so little t4b so it’s flat out irrelevant if you used to have t1a in overflow it was as useless as map3 crystals in AQ milestones. If you want to go back to opening alphas in crystal run map3. Oh wait just got to the point where the pain is from having alpha frags, yeah you will have that till the end of time. Roflmfao, so many words and anger over a couple frags in your inventory.

There isn’t a shortage, you just want more be honest.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Nope. In the past I had alphas and basics in my stash. Your narrative doesn't describe what actually happened. And I rank fewer champs now than I did. I have what actually happened on the one hand vs. what you say on the other. I'll take the former.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    There was more because people were Ranking less 5*s. There are sources in the game. Plain and simple. Asking for more is one thing. Claiming there's not enough in the game is another.
    Nope. In the past I had alphas and basics in my stash. Your narrative doesn't describe what actually happened. And I rank fewer champs now than I did. I have what actually happened on the one hand vs. what you say on the other. I'll take the former.
    Keep lying to yourself bro. You couldn’t acquire T4b at anywhere near the rate you can today.

Monthly You had
    3 from AQ
    2 from EQ
    3 from arenas
    Extra came if you got lucky with map crystals.

@CoatHang3r I do like the "starting to crack" part though. It's not the case but I am tired of the argument and keep getting sucked in by frustration with inane statements.
    I sold alphas constantly and I was ranking constantly and I never got them from arena. I've never been in an alliance that got the alpha from the arena event any more than occasionally. You're narrative @CoatHang3r is so far from my actual experience that it's pointless to engage it. It didn't happen that way. Keep lying to yourself bro.
    I started later than a lot of people at my level. Used to rank up a champ without thinking about it whenever I had a new one and was a grinder. Never needed an alpha at any point in the game until relatively recently when they became a constant bottleneck. Must be because they are more available now.
    You were also constantly opening map3 crystals instead of earning glory. How much of your glory goes to t1a? The answer should be enough to replace the map3 crystal alphas.
    edited December 2017
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    You were also constantly opening map3 crystals instead of earning glory. How much of your glory goes to t1a? The answer should be enough to replace the map3 crystal alphas.

Even if I used 100% of my glory on Alphas it wouldn't be like it was. But I'm not calling for it to be like it was. Just asked for a little easing on the choke hold. But we are going in circles. Your version of what it was like is false. You were telling me what it was like for me and it wasn't that way. So there isn't really any point in talking past each other anymore
    But I'm sure in your arrogance you know better than I do what my alpha situation used to be compared to the present
    Yeah wait till tomorrow for the new eq rewards. Anyways we both know your recollection of the past is flawed because 2 days ago you denied opening map3 crystals. But there are other things that can account for your t4b like still exploring act 4.
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Yeah wait till tomorrow for the new eq rewards. Anyways we both know your recollection of the past is flawed because 2 days ago you denied opening map3 crystals. But there are other things that can account for your t4b like still exploring act 4.

Actually I denied playing map 3 at the time which was accurate. I'll admit I wasn't thinking about the map 3 crystals in milestones at the time
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    @CoatHang3r why you even bothering with them?

They all expect to rank a 5* to r4 daily by the way they are crying and whinging.

Just find some tissues to hand out to them all as they can't stop crying about it
    edited December 2017
    Yes @DarkestDestroyer. Pointing out that a level one resource bottleneck doesn't make sense and asking for alpha frags to become available to ease up a little is crying and whining and demanding daily r4 5*s. @CoatHang3r may be an ass but at least he's not a dumb ass.
  • themikithemiki Posts: 60
    More glory from map 5, more T1A that can be purchased. What’s the problem here people?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    themiki wrote: »
    More glory from map 5, more T1A that can be purchased. What’s the problem here people?

The problem is, if you have a Resource that you make more available when it is already quite abundant, that will a) cause an imbalance with other Resources, b) affect the whole system designed on acquiring them, and c) accelerate growth beyond what is projected.
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    WHERE CAN U GET 10 ALPHAS A WEEK WITHOUT SPENDING INSANE AMOUNTS OF GLORY AND WITHOUT EVENT?? noob talking.if you hve nothing to upgrade,i am sure you dont hve an issue with alpha anyway