Gold and iso road blocks

CoMinowCoMinow Member Posts: 329 ★★
I’m not sure if I’m the only one in this situation and it sucks.
I might’ve gotten a few deals on the 4th. Due to my spending, I’m now in a situation where it’s obvious that a lot of the rank up materials I purchased$$ are going to expire.
Iso essentially comes from duplicating champions and I spun 17 6*. I got enough to rank 2 champs. I have the materials to rank 4 2 champs, rank 3 at least 6.
There is literally no way to rank even a single champion without spinning crystals(which I’ve done at nauseam).

Gold = arena the worst mode ever
Iso = champs and buying crystals gets you mostly 3* champs and almost no iso. Each champ is less than 1 level for 175 or even worse 300 units.

So for being a loyal customer and spending way more than most. My reward is to watch all the things Kabam charged me money for just disappear? Part of me hopes I’m the only one in this situation, but I doubt it @Kabam Miike is there seriously going be no deals and no way to preserve the items that were purchased? This is pretty ridiculous to charge hundreds of dollars for items you assign a 30 day expiry period to and give no reasonable way to use it before expiration.

I have a ton of champs I’d love to rank but gold and iso are nearly impossible to come by. And you can’t expect someone to spend thousands of dollars to use the materials you already charged hundreds for. Feels like a scam and highly unethical practices for items with “no cash value”

If anyone knows of some secret way without spending the 7000 dollars to get the iso to rank some champs I’d love to hear about it. I’ve beaten every piece of content in the game and have nothing to earn

Comments

• IbchiefinIbchiefin Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2022
    I recently started an alt account and it is nearly impossible to get iso and lvl up my champs because the only real way to get iso in this game is by duping champions. So if your roster isn’t big enough or you aren’t buying truckloads of crystals, you’re not gonna see much of that thing called iso.
    Really squeezes motivation out of new players .

Overally an extremely outdated and flawed system for such an important resource.
  • SnakepSnakep Member Posts: 362 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    You spent hundreds of dollars on deals that gave you catalysts that you had no way of using because of iso and gold and now you want kabam to fix it for you? Yes it would be better if kabam made gold and iso easier to get but you definitely put yourself into a mess. I don’t like arena’s either but I started grinding them a couple of months before the fourth so I would have the gold and iso(from the 4*shards) for the catalysts that I knew I would likely be buying. Here soon I will start grinding again for the cyber weekend deals that will be coming. It sucks and hopefully kabam makes a better system but we all know the way it works right now. If you have the black iso market, buy both the t5b and t2a cats for each other and if they just go in the overflow then this will just reset the countdown timer for the ones you get, this should help some. Good luck.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Member Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I have an iso issue but that’s on me I have over 100k 5 star shards, 100k 4 star shards and who knows how many Phc and 3 star. I don’t have a gold problem though and haven’t had one in a long time. I spend a little. Usually during deals and usually only 1 deal. Maybe a Panther or odin. I don’t ever whale out and won’t ever do that. I also haven’t done heavy arena in 10-11 months and it’s amazing lol
  • The_man001The_man001 Member Posts: 624 ★★★
    It's funny how in this type of roadblock posts some people just wanna brag i am sitting on plenty of the said resource without giving them proper advice or accepting the fact that there are way too many roadblocks
  • SnakepSnakep Member Posts: 362 ★★★

It's funny how in this type of roadblock posts some people just wanna brag i am sitting on plenty of the said resource without giving them proper advice or accepting the fact that there are way too many roadblocks

Yes there is many road blocks in the game that slow progression but if there wasn’t then what would be the point of playing? If it was easy to get every champion and max them out then the amount of time played in game would go down dramatically. Kabam wants people putting the time into their game. All “roadblocks” can be overcame with time and effort but if kabam made it easier to get that item then something else would just slow you down. If nothing did then the game would lose any reason to spend hours playing it.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    If it was too easy to get gold and iso then how long would it be before people complained that rank up materials or champs are too much of a roadblock?

Also, your spending that much money on rank up materials, so why not have used some of that money or additional money on gold crystals and the occasional iso deals? You don't seem to mind spending on the game, maybe be more.careful what you are buying.
  • AddyosAddyos Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Champion acquisition (especially broken ones like Hercules) is my roadblock :(
  • EgretM4EgretM4 Member Posts: 176 ★★
    There’s about 3 million gold and a lot of 4* 5* shards in the side quest store. That’s free and easy to get
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,525 ★★★★★
    Regardless of the unwillingly of the OP to do some content, if you pay money for something it should go straight to inventory and not expire.

Regardless of the unwillingly of the OP to do some content, if you pay money for something it should go straight to inventory and not expire.

Personally I disagree, if you poorly manage your purchases that is not to he companies fault. If I go to the grocery store and see a good sale on gallons of milk and buy 20 of them, do you think the store will refund me the for the expired milk later when I was unable to drink it all or properly refrigerate it?

Don't buy more then what you can consume or properly store, this game is not a exception to that.
  • GOTGGOTG Member Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    CoMinow said:

I might’ve gotten a few deals on the 4th. Due to my spending, I’m now in a situation where it’s obvious that a lot of the rank up materials I purchased$$ are going to expire.
    Iso essentially comes from duplicating champions and I spun 17 6*. I got enough to rank 2 champs. I have the materials to rank 4 2 champs, rank 3 at least 6.
    There is literally no way to rank even a single champion without spinning crystals(which I’ve done at nauseam).

Iso = champs and buying crystals gets you mostly 3* champs and almost no iso. Each champ is less than 1 level for 175 or even worse 300 units.

So for being a loyal customer and spending way more than most. My reward is to watch all the things Kabam charged me money for just disappear? Part of me hopes I’m the only one in this situation, but I doubt it @Kabam Miike is there seriously going be no deals and no way to preserve the items that were purchased? This is pretty ridiculous to charge hundreds of dollars for items you assign a 30 day expiry period to and give no reasonable way to use it before expiration.

I have a ton of champs I’d love to rank but gold and iso are nearly impossible to come by. And you can’t expect someone to spend thousands of dollars to use the materials you already charged hundreds for. Feels like a scam and highly unethical practices for items with “no cash value”

If anyone knows of some secret way without spending the 7000 dollars to get the iso to rank some champs I’d love to hear about it. I’ve beaten every piece of content in the game and have nothing to earn

It's all on you. Typical first world country problem and you blame Kabam for your poor management of resources?

Not everything is other's fault.
  • CoMinowCoMinow Member Posts: 329 ★★

It's not a roadblock. You just don't want to grind arena. That's on you

Name the arena that gives you millions in iso?!
    ItsDamien said:

CoMinow said:

All arenas technically speaking. Since you get GMC shards, and you get a guaranteed 3 and 4* champ from milestones in the basic and featured.
    Lmao
    I don’t think you understand the actual amount of gold and iso necessary to rank just one champ to rank 4
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    CoMinow said:

ItsDamien said:

CoMinow said:

All arenas technically speaking. Since you get GMC shards, and you get a guaranteed 3 and 4* champ from milestones in the basic and featured.
    Lmao
    I don’t think you understand the actual amount of gold and iso necessary to rank just one champ to rank 4
    I do, I have a couple of them myself.
    GOTG said:

>

It's all on you. Typical first world country problem and you blame Kabam for your poor management of resources?

you don’t understand how resources work if you’re saying it’s a resource management problem.
    Everything in this game has an expiration.
    ItsDamien said:

CoMinow said:

ItsDamien said:

CoMinow said:

Lmao

And still you think arena grinding will give you enough iso to rank champions?
  • ThiartcThiartc Member Posts: 281 ★★

ItsDamien said:

CoMinow said:

GOTG said:

>

you don’t understand how resources work if you’re saying it’s a resource management problem.
    Which is exactly why it’s a resource management problem. I’m starting to think you’re not the one who understands the game here.
    Do you know what you’re 100% right!

Instead of Kabam introducing ways for people to acquire the The necessary iso to use the resources that they sell people. The few people apparently, that are like myself. You should just stop giving them money.

That’s great advice. Then Kabam can make less money because stupid people that support them will be smarter like you
    All of the above by just grinding arena’s
    Put in the effort and the gold and iso problem disappears
    GOTG said:

CoMinow said:

Since you’re such a smart guy why don’t you tell me why when you go to the grocery store you get bags to carry all your stuff home?

It’s because they understand that you wanna be able to use everything that you’ve purchased. And just like Kabam they want you to buy as much as you can. Except they understand your need to be able to use it otherwise you will stop purchasing things from them
    edited July 2022
    CoMinow said:

ItsDamien said:

CoMinow said:

ItsDamien said:

CoMinow said:

Lmao

I mean it’s done pretty well for me, since again I have over a million PHC shards, hundreds of PHCs, hundreds of thousands of 4* shards. And still have ISO in the stash, and I haven’t grinded arena for a month now. And even then I didn’t start grinding arena until end of April for the July 4th deals.

So yes. It is. Go do some arenas.
    ItsDamien said:

CoMinow said:

GOTG said:

>

Which is exactly why it’s a resource management
    CoMinow said:

ItsDamien said:

CoMinow said:

ItsDamien said:

CoMinow said:

Lmao

I mean it’s done pretty well for me, since again I have over a million PHC shards, hundreds of PHCs, hundreds of thousands of 4* shards. And still have ISO in the stash, and I haven’t grinded arena for a month now. And even then I didn’t start grinding arena until end of April for the July 4th deals.

So yes. It is.
    So you were able to use all of the materials available for purchase then you have enough to use all of it

And do you hear yourself saying that you only had to grind 2 1/2 months of your life for something that was available for purchase over three day period?

Just stop and think about what you just said. Unlike you I feel that my time is worth money. I feel that my time is better spent working. Then sitting on a game for 12 hours a day so that two months down the road I can effectively use things that I have to pay for.

But just because you wanna try to brag about what you’re saying is the “smart resource management” even though you have zero information about what I’ve ranked and haven’t…
    Let’s say I have 100,000 whopping 4*
    I spin all 50
    1 get 120,000 iso each
    I get an astounding 6,000,000 iso
    Obviously they won’t all be the correct class
    It’s 891k to level an r2 if it’s not class specific and 657k if it is.
    That’s almost 400k more than r1, or almost 300 for class specific. Do you think rank 3 and 4 jumps are less?
    For this I’ll pretend like most of those are the correct class. Since class specific is 1.054 million. We’ll say it was only 1.2 million to get 1 champ to rank 2.
    Anyone who has done knows rank 3 and 4 are over 25,000 per level. But for you again We’ll say it’s only an average of 25,000.
    Rank 3 45 levels, rank 4 55 levels
    100 levels total for 2.5 million
    With rank 1 and 2 we’re at 3.7 million
    There is a whole 2.3 million left
    And now I can’t rank a second from rank 1
    I can almost take 1 from rank 2 up. Almost.
    I ranked 2 champs to r4(1 from r3,1 from r1)
    3 champs to r3 (2 from r1)
    5 champs to r2
    And still have expiring resources
    I’ve auto fought the event quests and Cavalier
    And beat everything else in the game. There is only eternity of pain and battlegrounds for me to play besides arena grinding so I can be smart like everyone that does that.

I’m going to work now like the other 28 days a month I have to… but I’ll try that super successful arena grinding. Since I’ve never done that 😂
    I don’t even need to read your response, I’m sure I can sum it up easily. This is a you problem, not a game problem. Manage yourself better.
    CoMinow said:

ItsDamien said:

CoMinow said:

Lmao
    I have 5 r4 6*s with a 6th one after EOP rewards (all with very minimal spending) so I fully understand how many resources it takes, but unlike you I understand resource management and I have no problem playing the game (to include arena or daily iso quests or hoarding 4* star crystals for iso ) to get resources I need to make the rank ups.

This is 100% a you problem. My guess is your just trying to buy yourself through the game instead of actually playing it and expect everything to be instant.