**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Pay To Win Daily Offers vs Top 10 AW Season Rewards

Comments

• Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    Not sure why this surprises anyone. This spend to progress problem has been talked about since before the 2020 road map. Why should ppl bust their butts in war or Carina challenges when they can just spend some money and get more than people who worked hard to earn in game rewards.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★

First off, those are Master Rewards. The Top 10 Alliances are getting that, and unless you're actually among them, pushing for it is obsolete.
    Secondly, there are more Rewards for War than just those Frags.
    The Offer is for Paragon Players. We've seen the same thing done with Mats that Players who hit TB hit. They always make them more available after the Milestone is reached. People also had a number of complaints about Para not having very many benefits thus far.
    The game is, and will always be, a spending-optional game. It's a Freemium game.

exactly.
  • Options

Not sure why this surprises anyone. This spend to progress problem has been talked about since before the 2020 road map. Why should ppl bust their butts in war when they can just spend some money and get more than people who worked hard to earn in game rewards.

indeed but i don't see it as a problem really. it's game economy 101 like i said. it is MEANT to be an option for people who just don't want to "bust their butts". and honestly, why are we assuming that people who spend don't bust their butts?? KT1 spends and he also busts his butt ... Karate Mike etc .. they all spend but these guys grind and compete.

so i wouldn't say that people who spend don't also grind or bust their butts. spending is just an option and it may not be simply because a person doesn't want to be bothered with content.
  • Options
    LOL smh .. dude we ALL complain. but I don't complain to say "i should be getting this" if not due to some error etc. anyway, you're smarter than me. happy?
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

LOL smh .. dude we ALL complain. but I don't complain to say "i should be getting this" if not due to some error etc. anyway, you're smarter than me. happy?

You don’t think in game rewards are becoming quickly outdated with the recent cash offers in mind?

@BitterSteel made perfectly valid points. This feels like it upsets the balance of the game with current in game rewards taken into account, and it devalues content like CC’s from a time spent perspective.
    not really. i mean honestly i just don't. when you look at in game rewards vs "paid" rewards, i expect disparity. i fully expect people to be able to spend and get more than I do by not spending. because I've played games for a long time and this is just how they work .. especially games that are "free to play/download". they hit you in micro transactions.

truth be told, i could grind for thousands of units right? i could grind for six star champs etc right? BUT i'm not upset at Kabam for offering those same things to someone who wants to spend $100. it hasn't made those in game rewards outdated at all.

progression is such in the game to where most things are in tiers. i guess those tiers exist and we say things are outdated but in reality, there are tiers to this. Cavalier, TB, Paragon ... nothing is technically outdated if we accept the fact that there are tiers. and even spenders should be considered a certain tier.
  • Options

My point is that we all at some point disagree with something in the game. The use of “it’s just a game” is a put down that I don’t think is anything other than unhelpful.

Yes, we know it’s just a game. But we care about it and disagree at times with things in it. Saying “it’s just a game” could be applied to literally anything anyone ever cares about. Moleman RDTs, it’s just a game why do you care? Bugs, it’s just a game why do you care?

We care because we want the game to be the best it can be. I’m not claiming to be smarter than you, I’m making a point and saying that you’re brushing off concerns in a disrespectful way.

it's not disrespectful at all. to me, it's just a game. now, as I pointed out, i didn't say this in response to an error, a bug or broken content, nodes acting crazy ... i said this in response to the uproar about an offer. that offer isn't an error. it exists within the economy of the game. now true, it can be either liked or not. but saying it's just a game was directed towards the fact that the game is doing what it and many others like it do. they introduce something to get you to spend.

i was simply saying that to calm the uproar down although i realize that's never gonna happen lol. still, i just don't think these offers devalue those in war at all. you do and you have every right to that. i'm just saying i don't agree.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 461 ★★★
    This offer totally breaks the economy system of the game, it makes hard-working top alliances like a joke..
    Kabam really need to boost rewards of AW & AQ, at least 5 X (T3A and T5B) of the current rewards.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★

I don't think rewards need boosting in response to these offers. People commented that high tier war costs nothing and people should just "git gud" ... in essence saying war costs nothing. So we're pitting free rewards vs paid rewards again and there is meant to be a disparity. So play War and get free rewards or spend. It's up to the player. Kabam isn't forcing anyone to buy this. If you'd rather be "gud" and war for rewards, keep doing that. But you can't be mad at someone who opts to spend because they don't like war.

The game rewards those who spend and that's just game economy 101.

Hard agree. AW sucks. I'd rather pay barely anything and skip all that mess. Where did the idea that free + higher effort opportunities must always be close to paid + lower effort opportunities come from? Whose gaming life has taught them this?
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

My point is that we all at some point disagree with something in the game. The use of “it’s just a game” is a put down that I don’t think is anything other than unhelpful.

Yes, we know it’s just a game. But we care about it and disagree at times with things in it. Saying “it’s just a game” could be applied to literally anything anyone ever cares about. Moleman RDTs, it’s just a game why do you care? Bugs, it’s just a game why do you care?

We care because we want the game to be the best it can be. I’m not claiming to be smarter than you, I’m making a point and saying that you’re brushing off concerns in a disrespectful way.

it's not disrespectful at all. to me, it's just a game. now, as I pointed out, i didn't say this in response to an error, a bug or broken content, nodes acting crazy ... i said this in response to the uproar about an offer. that offer isn't an error. it exists within the economy of the game. now true, it can be either liked or not. but saying it's just a game was directed towards the fact that the game is doing what it and many others like it do. they introduce something to get you to spend.

i was simply saying that to calm the uproar down although i realize that's never gonna happen lol. still, i just don't think these offers devalue those in war at all. you do and you have every right to that. i'm just saying i don't agree.
    Ah, I see, so it’s only ok to say “it’s just a game” about the thing you’re not annoyed about?

That seems fair.

Once more, I look forward to the next time you disagree with something in game - as long as every game does it. I’ll be sure to point out that it’s just a game, and that “every game does it”
  • Options

Ah, I see, so it’s only ok to say “it’s just a game” about the thing you’re not annoyed about?

That seems fair.

Once more, I look forward to the next time you disagree with something in game - as long as every game does it. I’ll be sure to point out that it’s just a game, and that “every game does it”
    LOL don't be like that amigo. I kinda know you're better than that right? I'm always ... typically always at odds about this game on something performance wise. But you'll never see me complaining about paid offers.

But feel free to call me out on anything .... much like it's just a game ... these are just forums lol. I don't take anything here personal. We're all here to share and receive thoughts on the game.
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,598 ★★★★
    Offers will save the game financially.
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    F2P contiributes absolutely nothing to the survival of the game and cry the most. The offers are fine just whiners being whiners.
  • Options
    Farrukh_tvFarrukh_tv Posts: 208 ★★
    Kennado said:

F2P contiributes absolutely nothing to the survival of the game and cry the most. The offers are fine just whiners being whiners.

"absolutely nothing" ? sure why peasants should have a say in how their kingdom is functioning. /s
  • Options
    Kibble001Kibble001 Posts: 58
    Some players think its all about them. Kabam puts out offers to make money. You’re feelings matter very little. T3A and T6B are needed, and players who can buy will buy.

Some players will post “aw needs to be cancelled” or “they need to upgrade this” or “they need to send compensation”. They dont NEED to do jack. I dont think some understand what their role is in this game. Be happy they respond to forum posts and be happy someone even sends compensation.

Because you feel it’s unfair won’t stop this business from making money. You’re just complaining. And if you’re in a plat or master tier alliance and complaining, that’s just sad. You’re already a top 10% of the player base. Need to chill.

Alright, off the soapbox. As an interesting train of thought, this is similar when players were hunting down for r3 upgrades. It took forever the first year or 2, then they put the materials everywhere and in every deal. Now having an r3 is easy. I wouldn’t be surprised if r5’s are planned sometime soon.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Kennado said:

In fact, they contribute more than spenders
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★

Not sure why this surprises anyone. This spend to progress problem has been talked about since before the 2020 road map. Why should ppl bust their butts in war when they can just spend some money and get more than people who worked hard to earn in game rewards.

indeed but i don't see it as a problem really. it's game economy 101 like i said. it is MEANT to be an option for people who just don't want to "bust their butts". and honestly, why are we assuming that people who spend don't bust their butts?? KT1 spends and he also busts his butt ... Karate Mike etc .. they all spend but these guys grind and compete.

so i wouldn't say that people who spend don't also grind or bust their butts. spending is just an option and it may not be simply because a person doesn't want to be bothered with content.
    I never said or Implied that about people who spend. Regardless, you do know that KT1 has been taking about this problem with spending compared to finishing in game content for rare rank up materials for over 2-3 years now. He wasn’t/isn’t the only one trying to highlight the problem with this either
  • Options
    Quantum_FizzixQuantum_Fizzix Posts: 94

Business-wise this makes sense for Kabam. They need to entice players to spend money. Some folks don’t want to hear it, but Kabam needs to make money or this game goes away.

These offers are certainly enticing. But post-July 4 Paragon deals, I am not surprised. Personally I applaud Kabam for in general getting more generous with rewards, which are virtual doodads they can create endlessly.

A lot of players , like me, are just here to have fun playing with comic book characters, and we ignore high tier AW because we don’t want the hassle. We like to collect and rank up champs, and likely our existence in MCOC barely registers for the top level of players. So if I get rank 4 my Doom bc of this new crystal, you’ll almost certainly never even know it happened.

How about they actually fix the game’s input issues instead since they seem to be unable to do both (create offers AND fix bugs). at the same time? That would be an even better business decision. I have stopped spending money on this game, not due to offers but due to bugs. I know others who have stopped spending as well.

This is Marvel Contest of Champions, not Marvel Contest of Store Offers….
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    From experience, Kabam doesn’t sell anything but time. Spenders usually get the shiny new champs/ranks first, and that’s exactly what they’re spending for.

I’m sure the rewards that the whales are getting now will eventually be available for the dolphins, fish and plankton.

As much as it’s “unfair” to non spenders, it can be also considered equally unfair to the spenders that they are actually paying the entirety of Kabam to develop the game that we all enjoy playing, while non spenders reap the benefits as well.
  • Options

Lol at the low level cash cows saying this is okay.

I spend, but i also play high tier wars. The fact that our effort ALL MONTH long can be bought in a week/35 $ is a joke.

——————————————————-
    It’s okay because you don’t have a choice. The problem with a lot of players thinking like this is that they are entitled or deserve better. Kabam is a company to make money. T3A and T6B are needed and there are players who will buy.

Kabam doesnt NEED to do jack or owe you anything. Be happy someone responds to the forum or sends out whatever compensation they see fit.

Whine and complain all you want. But if you’re in a plat alliance or master tier, its a bit sad. You’re already in the top 10% of the player base. On top of that, for AW rewards, you dont JUST get T3A and T6B rewards. You get a ton of 6* shards and other stuff that other players would love to get. Someone wants to spend $35 a week? Let them. Surprised kabam didnt make that $50 a week

Feel like it’s not fair? Then stop playing, but try to not be emotional or dramatic. We don’t care.

Now off the soapbox. To a more interesting thought for those who are level headed. This same cadence happened when r3’s came out. It was hard to get materials for a year or two, then they were everywhere. Soon after they announced r4’s. If the cycle repeats, might be seeing r5’s?
  • Options
    Kibble001 said:

I spend, but i also play high tier wars. The fact that our effort ALL MONTH long can be bought in a week/35 $ is a joke.

——————————————————-
    It’s okay because you don’t have a choice. The problem with a lot of players thinking like this is that they are entitled or deserve better. Kabam is a company to make money. T3A and T6B are needed and there are players who will buy.

Kabam doesnt NEED to do jack or owe you anything. Be happy someone responds to the forum or sends out whatever compensation they see fit.

Whine and complain all you want. But if you’re in a plat alliance or master tier, its a bit sad. You’re already in the top 10% of the player base. On top of that, for AW rewards, you dont JUST get T3A and T6B rewards. You get a ton of 6* shards and other stuff that other players would love to get. Someone wants to spend $35 a week? Let them. Surprised kabam didnt make that $50 a week

Feel like it’s not fair? Then stop playing, but try to not be emotional or dramatic. We don’t care.

Now off the soapbox. To a more interesting thought for those who are level headed. This same cadence happened when r3’s came out. It was hard to get materials for a year or two, then they were everywhere. Soon after they announced r4’s. If the cycle repeats, might be seeing r5’s?
    Oh look, someone else who spectacularly missed the point and decides to call everyone who disagrees whiners.

I don’t know about you, but I really respect and admire someone who resorts to name calling because they can’t think of a better point to make.
  • Options

Kibble001 said:

——————————————————-

Oh look, someone else who spectacularly missed the point and decides to call everyone who disagrees whiners.

I don’t know about you, but I really respect and admire someone who resorts to name calling because they can’t think of a better point to make.
    —————————
    Actually you need reading lessons. I made SEVERAL points which I made clearly. And you think I give 2 cents about who you respect? LOL. big ego there, good luck with that.

I see you like to respond but didn’t address or comment on anything I said. Says you got emotional and had nothing else to say.

I encourage you, in the future, to fully read comments and if you disagree, actually have comments instead of saying your respect went down. But like i said, my notes were for level headed players
  • Options
    Kibble001 said:

Kibble001 said:

——————————————————-

—————————
    Actually you need reading lessons. I made SEVERAL points which I made clearly. And you think I give 2 cents about who you respect? LOL. big ego there, good luck with that.

I see you like to respond but didn’t address or comment on anything I said. Says you got emotional and had nothing else to say.

I encourage you, in the future, to fully read comments and if you disagree, actually have comments instead of saying your respect went down. But like i said, my notes were for level headed players
    Of the ones who are emotional I’d probably rank the person insulting and deriding people as a little higher, but that’s ok.

As it happens, my respect was less about you and more about any point you made. I don’t know you, this is the first post I’ve seen you make so how can I respect you? I can however, respect or admire or take seriously the point you try to make. Alas, it was too full of insults and saying people were whining. Same with your second one, it’s as though you’re trying to fit as many in as possible.

My post said you missed the point, because it spectacularly did. I read your post, and the points that you made that’s how I know it missed the point.

If you can somehow manage to make a post while holding your urge to insult at bay, I may explain it for you. But I don’t really waste my time making points for people who clearly have some superiority complex and need to insult and deride to make you feel better about themselves. Why bother, when you’ll clearly just come back with some ever so clever comment about me whining?
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    I'm a f2p, I'm not comfortable with the with the game economy for some time. The first thing that demoralized me was the double dipping of 10k offer. But that's just me.
    Have 100% content and I got my paragon first week of EOP-2, 2 weeks ago.

I'm sitting at 140 rank in BG. And I know how was my experience to push against people with 5-8 r4s in BG.
    I have a decent deck, but it's not even close to the real whales, I was amazed by the diversity of their rosters, have nothing to complain on that aspect. I pushed through with what I had And it was fun.

Kabam will do what they gotta do...
    Make everything in game to be dominated by money. Im uncomfortable, but it's not the end.
    I did what I had to do.
    Dropped Map8 which I was playing continuously since day 1. Dropped from platinum 234 wars.
    The efforts don't seem rewarding anymore.

Now I'm resting on map5 Gold 2. And have no plans to go back to AQ/AW.
    My desire to compete in wars is gone.
    Lost my passion to keep up my prestige.(not top but decent)
    My item stash is still stacked, if you think I dropped due to that, no.

Only thing I want to play is BG.
    6* Champions don't come easy and I'll wait for my turn.