**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Loyalty still a big issue

Comments

• ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    So based on the primary argument of some in this thread (there is a loyalty shortage because they are using more loyalty for boosts and health then they get) does that mean there is also a health potion and revive shortage?

People exploring act 6 or act 7, doing abyss, or EOP can use this exact same argument being used as main sticking point about loyalty to justify that there is a health potion and revive shortage in the game. Some of the content takes way more health potions and revives then we get on regular basis, so based on the argument of some here, then I guess there is also a health potion and revive shortage in the game.

Disclaimer, I obviously don't believe there is a health potion or revive shortage in the game, just showing the massive flaw in this argument.
    edited August 2022

So based on the primary argument of some in this thread (there is a loyalty shortage because they are using more loyalty for boosts and health then they get) does that mean there is also a health potion and revive shortage?

People exploring act 6 or act 7, doing abyss, or EOP can use this exact same argument being used as main sticking point about loyalty to justify that there is a health potion and revive shortage in the game. Some of the content takes way more health potions and revives then we get on regular basis, so based on the argument of some here, then I guess there is also a health potion and revive shortage in the game.

Disclaimer, I obviously don't believe there is a health potion or revive shortage in the game, just showing the massive flaw in this argument.

No? You can farm revives and health potions, Tell me where you farm loyalty or AW health potions
    Well if you are farming revives and health pots which is horribly painful and not a guarantee, then your now short on energy refills. So now in this argument I guess there is an energy refill shortage in the game.

If you decide to not use energy refills and only use naturally earned energy then it takes weeks to months to farm a decent amount and by then ones you already farmed start to expire making it pointless. So now we have a time needed to play the game shortage.

Or.....maybe everything being discussed here is just basic resource management or competing at the level where you belong.

Also, you are right this is not a good comparison because you can get endless 40 percent aw revives for only 1 loyalty. If you want to heal and boost up to compete at level higher than you can handle that is on you, but there is no excuse to not be able to finish the map with 1 loyalty revives. Revives in real content take 40 units, obviously way higher cost than 1 loyalty.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    If only we could farm units,AW for loyalty or maybe even use alts to farm loyalty from the gifting events in lieu of units. Oh we can farm AW materials?

Your arguments that you can’t farm AW materials are great when you ignore that you can farm for those materials they are just harder and more time intensive to farm.
  • Dark_hoodsDark_hoods Posts: 157 ★★

No? You can farm revives and health potions, Tell me where you farm loyalty or AW health potions
    Well if you are farming revives and health pots which is horribly painful and not a guarantee, then your now short on energy refills. So now I'm this argument I guess there is an energy refill shortage in the game.

If you decide to not use energy refills and only use naturally earned energy then it takes weeks to months to farm a decent amount and by then ones you already farmed start to expire making it pointless. So now we have a time needed to play the game shortage.

Or.....maybe everything being discussed here is just basic resource management or competing at the level where you belong.

You can get energy refills from quests...
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★

Well if you are farming revives and health pots which is horribly painful and not a guarantee, then your now short on energy refills. So now in this argument I guess there is an energy refill shortage in the game.

No, because you can also get energy refills from the four hour crystal, from the same quest that gives revives, and from so many other sources in this game it’s silly. I almost always have refills in my stash getting ready to expire, and I don’t spend money or units on any of them.

You can make a reasonable argument for your position. This just isn’t that argument.
    Also, you get 1-2 potions per war on a win, its not even enough to heal half of a rank 4 six star or some rank 3s,

You really thought you had a point here huh
    I do have a point, if people refuse to accept it that's on them. I can tell you we need oxygen to live, but you refuse to accept it, doesn't make you correct.

If only we could farm units,AW for loyalty or maybe even use alts to farm loyalty from the gifting events in lieu of units. Oh we can farm AW materials?

Your arguments that you can’t farm AW materials are great when you ignore that you can farm for those materials they are just harder and more time intensive to farm.

I’m having a hard time understanding what you’re trying to say here. Where are you suggesting that loyalty and AW potions are farmable from? Alternate accounts gifting once per year?

Where are you farming loyalty that isnt war?
    Wicket329 said:

I’m having a hard time understanding what you’re trying to say here. Where are you suggesting that loyalty and AW potions are farmable from? Alternate accounts gifting once per year?
    Yes. Nice how you ignore farming units via arena to then purchase said items but hey just dismiss/ignore that aspect.
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★

You really thought you had a point here huh
    I do have a point, if people refuse to accept it that's on them. I can tell you we need oxygen to live, but you refuse to accept it, doesn't make you correct.
    No man, you just aren't using your brain at all. I have 2000 4Hr crystals that I can pop if I ever need revives or potions. I cannot do that with AW potions or Loyalty.

I haven't bought revives for ANY story content since Act 5.3. I farm revives with my 10-20 energy refills every month in overflow, and put on auto fight in realm of legends and get my potions that way. Please tell me an area of the game I can auto fight for some AW potions please.

• Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    I'm just laughing at the idea of 3mil loyalty gone for an unusable champion and they add a 6* gem crystal now. RIP my boy @xNig

Wicket329 said:

Yes. Nice how you ignore farming units via arena to then purchase said items but hey just dismiss/ignore that aspect.
    Please tell me the cost of buying all the stuff needed from wars purely unit wise. Im sure you have done it yourself to be preaching that aspect.
    One level 4 potion per war no boosts is 960 units, i think id rather just not do war
  • Woody141082Woody141082 Posts: 225 ★★

Sounds like your playing higher than you can keep up with in war. Loyalty that is a resource, which like other resources in game needs to be managed or you will have shortage issues.

I have more loyalty than I know what to do with and even got a 6* unstoppable colusus for 1.6 million then got his dup for another 1.6 million and I still have 1.5 million loyalty left.

Point being if your that reliant on loyalty for war, your likely playing at a tier higher than you should be at.

That’s not the case at all. I’ve been from plat 2 down to gold 1 now with different alliances over the years. I’ve over 250 MVPs to my name, it’s not about skill it’s about not dying and unfortunately you will get node interactions and defenders that will make you lose health no matter what. Unfortunately before kabam sprung it on us that we had to use loyalty and not glory for war potions I spent a vast majority of my loyalty on mystic cores to open up my MD to rank 5 as, at that time there was nothing to spend it on.
    I’ve not been able to catch it back up since, only having to be able to buy 1 gold potion per war means I’m having to spend units to potion up instead.
    It’s the same old with kabam and corporate greed where they are literally forcing us to pay to be competitive, and that shouldn’t have to be the case. Like someone above pointed out, loyalty you can’t grind, it’s not a resource that’s easily accessible so the loyalty rewards should and need to be much higher because there is obviously more value to the currency now. Especially the war crystals which I believe should hold loyalty as a main currency and then a reward as secondary

• MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,092 ★★★
    Some more loyalty would definitely be something that should be in the cards.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★

I'm just laughing at the idea of 3mil loyalty gone for an unusable champion and they add a 6* gem crystal now. RIP my boy @xNig

Eh… I have 2 spare generic 6* AGs. Lol..
    xNig said:

I always keep at least one generic in the pocket just in case.

I have no idea in case of what. But, you know. In case.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

xNig said:

I always keep at least one generic in the pocket just in case.

I have no idea in case of what. But, you know. In case.
    In case a champ comes around that you really wanna awaken. I AGed my Corvus and pulled him on my 2nd 6* crystal after doing that. Did the same for Hyp and pulled him on the 4th.

Murphy’s law man. Lol
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    True ... loyalty price is too high

i always use boost and heal to maintain to not dead in aw..
    for last weak in previous aw, my loyalty already empty..
    please cut the price, kabam.... or give another ways to get loyalty.
  • UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★

Please point me towards the idiot who's doing all that content every month.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,237 ★★★★★

Sounds like your playing higher than you can keep up with in war. Loyalty that is a resource, which like other resources in game needs to be managed or you will have shortage issues.

I have more loyalty than I know what to do with and even got a 6* unstoppable colusus for 1.6 million then got his dup for another 1.6 million and I still have 1.5 million loyalty left.

Point being if your that reliant on loyalty for war, your likely playing at a tier higher than you should be at.

That’s not the case at all. I’ve been from plat 2 down to gold 1 now with different alliances over the years. I’ve over 250 MVPs to my name, it’s not about skill it’s about not dying and unfortunately you will get node interactions and defenders that will make you lose health no matter what. Unfortunately before kabam sprung it on us that we had to use loyalty and not glory for war potions I spent a vast majority of my loyalty on mystic cores to open up my MD to rank 5 as, at that time there was nothing to spend it on.
    I’ve not been able to catch it back up since, only having to be able to buy 1 gold potion per war means I’m having to spend units to potion up instead.
    It’s the same old with kabam and corporate greed where they are literally forcing us to pay to be competitive, and that shouldn’t have to be the case. Like someone above pointed out, loyalty you can’t grind, it’s not a resource that’s easily accessible so the loyalty rewards should and need to be much higher because there is obviously more value to the currency now. Especially the war crystals which I believe should hold loyalty as a main currency and then a reward as secondary

No offense, but paying to be competitive isn't a new thing. Not in this game, or most games alike in general.
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

I’m not sure why you’re taking an aggressive tone with me here, I’m trying to genuinely address this.

There are a couple reasons why I don’t include units in this calculation. First and foremost, units are the most valuable currency in the game. No matter what else changes in this game, units will always be most efficiently spent during big in-game sale events. Spending a significant number of them any other way is bad resource management. And, as discussed throughout this thread, resource management is a fundamental part of this game.

To stock up on L4 potions via units one time, even if you played perfectly and never had to restock at all, would be 2,000 units. An inventory of L5 potions, far more efficient, would be 2,500 units. Spending this resource this way would be a horrible mismanagement.

Another reason is that, much like AQ potions are primarily purchased with Glory despite having a unit alternative, AW potions are primarily purchased with Loyalty. I believe the player base has come to expect similar availability between the two resources, especially with them both having been distributed so freely throughout the course of the input issues. There is no problem of AQ potion availability due to a lack of Glory, but there is a perceived problem with AW potion availability due to a lack of Loyalty. Therefore, players feel there must be something imbalanced about it and Loyalty should scale up.

You can argue that the players are wrong in this regard, that AW potions should not be as readily available as AQ potions. That’s a perfectly reasonable position to take. Just as it is reasonable to believe, based on past practices, that the two should be similarly supplied. Personally, I’d actually prefer to see AW potions be readily available and AQ potions be more scarce, since there is no penalty for failing to take a fight in one shot that mode but there is in AW.

In any event, this isn’t a personal attack on you or anybody else. People have different ideas and expectations regarding Loyalty supply. That’s fine. There’s no need to bare teeth at people for holding an opposing view on the intricacies of a digital economy.
    The aggression is my lizard brain acting up after being met by a couple of the trolls in multiple threads in addition to the dismissive attitude towards units for aw mentality.

That may be how you see it but in the mcoc I’ve played and have been playing the top players in the game have regularly used units for aw in the past, even cash. You look back in time and people would farm arena for the war bundles in the store. If you look to a high tier alliance war pre input issue compensation you will find them doing the same and purchasing the regular start of season cash bundles without a second thought. Even the most visible f2p player has purchased unit offers for aw pots. I don’t know if you’re familiar with Dr Doobs from 4loki but he used to run endless arena to purchase those bundles to remain competitive at their level of play.

So no units for aw is not uncommon, forbidden or bad resource management and cannot be dismissed due to one’s personal beliefs.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

Where are you farming loyalty that isnt war?
    Obviously by hitting the help button. Duh... /s
    honestly, I've gotta start doing that again