**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Enter the Grandmaster's Gauntlet!

Comments

• Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 1,943 ★★★★
    So who are the best for this quest?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

I used:
    Aegon
    Proxima (synergy/combo shield)
    Apoc
    Archangel (horseman)
    Gladiator Hulk (for Terrax)
    TyEdge said:

I used:
    Aegon
    Apoc
    Archangel (horseman)
    Why Horseman for AA?
  • AbraxasBelthazAbraxasBelthaz Posts: 27
    Love to but can't because as usual your update has broken the game.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    I've been waiting for this damned content since it was gone the first time

benshb said:

Who did u use
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Mine disappeared..
  • TangerineBallsTangerineBalls Posts: 43
    This quest has disappeared for me too!
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Disappeared for me too
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    edited August 2022
    Quest disappeared for me as well.

correction. - it's now under 'Special Quests'
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Looks like it’s now permanent content?
    Also it seems people who have already completed it are getting rewards again, that’s not meant to be a thing? According to the original post
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

I used:
    Aegon
    Apoc
    Archangel (horseman)
    Why Horseman for AA?
    It’s a meaningful damage boost/fight shortener/item saver IMO. If you run suicides, you get bleed resistance. It’s also very easy to re-ramp Apoc by dropping him in a mutant fight for free charges.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Also it seems people who have already completed it are getting rewards again, that’s not meant to be a thing? According to the original post

Well reading old isn’t god read them news
  • Kingmaker00Kingmaker00 Posts: 23
    Do the rewards refresh every so often or is it just like one time and its over?
    Gamer said:

Markjv81 said:

Say what?
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Since this is now located with other permanent content, does that mean this is permanent content now?
    edited August 2022
    Markjv81 said:

Gamer said:

Markjv81 said:

Say what?
    Ahh I missed the new post!
  • reeve1025reeve1025 Posts: 7
    Am I missing something or is the first node (Doom) broken? I used a 6* r3 Mole Man for the XL tag so no attacks would glance, and I never crit hit for the first 4 minutes (150 hits) until I finally stacked frenzy and used his Sp3 to get the passive buff. Each medium attack was hitting for 600 and light attacks for 400. It’s as if they were countes as glancing blows. That’s a long time to take down over 670k health when normal combos are only netting 2500. I would’ve thought he’d have gotten some crit hits in those 150…?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    reeve1025 said:

Am I missing something or is the first node (Doom) broken? I used a 6* r3 Mole Man for the XL tag so no attacks would glance, and I never crit hit for the first 4 minutes (150 hits) until I finally stacked frenzy and used his Sp3 to get the passive buff. Each medium attack was hitting for 600 and light attacks for 400. It’s as if they were countes as glancing blows. That’s a long time to take down over 670k health when normal combos are only netting 2500. I would’ve thought he’d have gotten some crit hits in those 150…?

Doom has VERY high crit resist. Moleman only gains guaranteed Crits while in frenzy.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

No, the pinned post explicitily says they will get the rewards again.
  • reeve1025reeve1025 Posts: 7
    ItsDamien said:

reeve1025 said:

Doom has VERY high crit resist. Moleman only gains guaranteed Crits while in frenzy.
    That’s what I was missing then (inherent crit resist). Still seemed very odd not one crit in that combo no matter how high the stat. I’ll look for another XL counter. Thanks!
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 660 ★★★

Normally, Necro-Bumping is against the Forum Rules... but there are a lot of great tips and tricks in this thread that you all might get some use out of!

Am I correct to believe this content will stay with us as does The Abyss and ROL? Or will this event expire in a month? I tried to find this information elsewhere, but couldn’t find anything concrete. Thanks @Kabam Miike
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 660 ★★★
    TheExit27 said:

Normally, Necro-Bumping is against the Forum Rules... but there are a lot of great tips and tricks in this thread that you all might get some use out of!

Am I correct to believe this content will stay with us as does The Abyss and ROL? Or will this event expire in a month? I tried to find this information elsewhere, but couldn’t find anything concrete. Thanks @Kabam Miike
    Sorry, I found it here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/310775/return-of-the-grandmasters-gauntlet#latest

Thanks for making it permanent.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★

benshb said:

Who did u use
    mainly r4 herc, r3 apoc and cable, r3 shangchi and r4 scorpion
  • woolverinewoolverine Posts: 13

When I Preview the Quest There is difference when i enter..
    Probably a joke from kabam.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Is it possible to get the "100% explored" banner on this one, considering we pass every portal?

Was wondering, so that I could give a use whenever I have revives expiring
  • FideltabordaFideltaborda Posts: 4
    Quest isnt showing for me.... im throne breaker
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Quest isnt showing for me.... im throne breaker

In the rol filters aka special
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    Markjv81 said:

Looks like it’s now permanent content?

I am pretty sure they did this for future Carina's Challenge objectives. Better prepare for it. This is great content by the way as an endgame player.

Also with the addition of new and revamped champs, I can see them making another version of this gauntlet and launch it next year. then reintroduce it again after a year as permanent content.