**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Isn't Galan #Metal?

Is Kabam avoiding putting #Metal in the game because of Magneto? Why isn't Galan #Metal if he's full of armor?

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,768 ★★★★★
    Could be that his armor comes from the power cosmic and isn't really metal or a metal that can't be controlled by magneto
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    armor doesn't need to be metallic...
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Lusca31 said:

Is Kabam avoiding putting #Metal in the game because of Magneto? Why isn't Galan #Metal if he's full of armor?

I mean come on that's Galan , his Metal is out of this world and can't be magnetized.

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Shaktiman said:

Killmonger, Black Panther says Hi

They are vibrant armors so in context of mags they fail or some BS like that.

What about Terrax then?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

According to the Marvel Fandom Wiki: "Galactus also wears a full-body suit of armor constructed from an unknown material of his own design that helps him to regulate and control his personal energy."

Another thing to keep in mind is that The Battlerealm is a weird place where ISO-B changes not only the laws of Physics, but simplifies immense cosmic powers into a list of Abilities a playable character has access to.

And while not totally relevant here, I think it's worth reminding everybody once in a while that while we borrow heavily from the Lore and Backstories of the MCU, Comics, and more, those properties aren't beholden to also having to Balance for Game Design. We are going to make decisions that keep the game interesting and balanced, and part of that is not letting Magneto curb stomp everybody that comes along unless it really makes sense, like Robots or Champs where the Metal/Cybernetics/What have you is really a part of their identity.

does that article happen to mention his size anywhere
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

According to the Marvel Fandom Wiki: "Galactus also wears a full-body suit of armor constructed from an unknown material of his own design that helps him to regulate and control his personal energy."

Another thing to keep in mind is that The Battlerealm is a weird place where ISO-B changes not only the laws of Physics, but simplifies immense cosmic powers into a list of Abilities a playable character has access to.

And while not totally relevant here, I think it's worth reminding everybody once in a while that while we borrow heavily from the Lore and Backstories of the MCU, Comics, and more, those properties aren't beholden to also having to Balance for Game Design. We are going to make decisions that keep the game interesting and balanced, and part of that is not letting Magneto curb stomp everybody that comes along unless it really makes sense, like Robots or Champs where the Metal/Cybernetics/What have you is really a part of their identity.

I mean yeah kinda. He can shift his size and weight as needed.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    Lusca31 said:

Well, since Mags cant magnetize Vibranium, why should he be able to do so with alien materials no one knows nothing about. I mean its a **** explanation but i ll give kabam a pass for this one XD
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★

Nope, but I'm pretty sure he's smaller than an XL Champ in this game :wink:
    Pain.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

Who??

Groot?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Seriously, can we get a comment from the Dev team on the rationale for his size? It seems so absurd. If I knew there was a good reason for it that would be helpful.
  • DocmottsDocmotts Posts: 77
    28 feet tall is not XL? Sentinel nearly broke the game when he was introduced and pretty sure Galan is taller.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    the answes are very simple.

Why isn't Galan a XL champ? because they are way too many varients requiring a XL Champ, and having Galan as one was thought to be too OP. simple as that.

Why isn't Galan a #metal champ? because he will most likely be the new AQ boss and a very popular AW defender and they can't let Magneto stomp on their newest toy. On top of that kabam gave Galan the #conduit defensive tactic. so be ready! lol
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

the answes are very simple.

Why isn't Galan a XL champ? because they are way too many varients requiring a XL Champ, and having Galan as one was thought to be too OP. simple as that.

Why isn't Galan a #metal champ? because he will most likely be the new AQ boss and a very popular AW defender and they can't let Magneto stomp on their newest toy. On top of that kabam gave Galan the #conduit defensive tactic. so be ready! lol

I'm fine with him not being Metal. You may be right about the XL reasoning but in my opinion that isn't a good enough reason. Tags shouldn't be arbitrary. You could make Doc Oc science or tech. You could make Kingpin large instead of XL. You can't make Rocket XL. You can't make Galctus/Galan anything other than XL. It's nonsense.