**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Updated Mordo Astral Evade

Guys, are you sure about Fatigue debuff? it just reduces crit rate... how it affects Ability Accuracy?
Mordo's Astral Evade has been updated to no longer activate if Mordo is suffering from a Concussion or Fatigue debuff.

Comments

• SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    I assume the logic goes as he's "to tired" to perform the action. Same with Concussion, he hit his head to hard so he forgets to do it idk.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    They updated the ability. Is a change, not a fix for anything.
    They just add a counter for it
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    It’s just more ways to play around the evade. Not like anyone uses antman or joe fixit to apply fatigue debuffs anyway
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Yay. I finally have a use for Antman.
  • i just confused because Concussion has AA modifier...
  • Just a condition to cause Astral Evade to not trigger. :)
  • what about exhaustion? Can Luke gets some love?
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    It’s just more ways to play around the evade. Not like anyone uses antman or joe fixit to apply fatigue debuffs anyway

It makes OG Cap more useful, especially if teaming with Pun2099
  • Delta_14Delta_14 Posts: 64
    Just a condition to cause Astral Evade to not trigger. :)

What was the logic behind this change? And why make this change now?

From your comment, you seem to assume that this is positive for the player base; I would argue that isn’t necessarily the case. And seeing as reviews of existing champs are apparently postponed until mid-2018, the timing seems strange...
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Delta_14 wrote: »

From your comment, you seem to assume that this is positive for the player base; I would argue that isn’t necessarily the case. And seeing as reviews of existing champs are apparently postponed until mid-2018, the timing seems strange...

My guess is he's one of the hardest defenders to deal with at lower levels so they are helping out the newbies
  • My guess is Mordo appears quite a few times in 5.4 and there was some pushback during beta testing over the headaches he can cause. This is Kabam's attempt to provide additional counters so more of the player base can clear this new content.

That being said, this is an actual change to a champion and his specific ability that makes him useful in specific game modes. Any chance we might see a Mordo-specific RDT? And this could be a RDT that only provides a rarity and class specific rank up ticket.

Example: rank down 4* Mordo from 5 to 4, you receive a ticket to rank up one mystic champ from 4 to 5

Maybe?
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    They updated the ability. Is a change, not a fix for anything.
    They just add a counter for it

Counter added , if anyone really needs the counter for mordo astral evade can use Drax, when the game already has a counter champ available then what’s the need for this update. This is uncalled change and I don’t understand how this change will help newbies.
    My guess is Mordo appears quite a few times in 5.4 and there was some pushback during beta testing over the headaches he can cause. This is Kabam's attempt to provide additional counters so more of the player base can clear this new content.

That being said, this is an actual change to a champion and his specific ability that makes him useful in specific game modes. Any chance we might see a Mordo-specific RDT? And this could be a RDT that only provides a rarity and class specific rank up ticket.

Example: rank down 4* Mordo from 5 to 4, you receive a ticket to rank up one mystic champ from 4 to 5

Maybe?

As per you , just for a specific node in quest they can change the abilities. If they really wanted to make it easy for everyone thfen change the node buff.

Drax wasn’t enough for mordo or it’s necessary to add a new condition. I just don’t understand how you guys think, obviously not you , you are just here to help us but think like a player , first give abilities to the champ , then add conditioning whenever “Kabam”feels it’s needed. When this change is going to happen or it’s already in place.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    So for those of us who ranked up Mordo for the purpose of his astral evade, this is considered as a nerf to his abilities?

Feel free to send me his RDT together with Gwenpool's one.
    The moment I feels like I am enjoying this game “Kabam “ sense it and start making things worst , keep it up Kabam .... you wanted me to quit ..... lol ... keep trying I am not a quitter.... 😂😂😂
  • My guess is Mordo appears quite a few times in 5.4 and there was some pushback during beta testing over the headaches he can cause. This is Kabam's attempt to provide additional counters so more of the player base can clear this new content.

Maybe?

Players keep saying that Kabam should never nerf when they can just buff other things. This is a perfect example of why that attitude is worthless. Kabam can easily call this a buff to the Fatigue effect and all champions with it. There's no fundamental difference between nerfing Astral Evade or buffing Fatigue: its different words to describe the same change.

So what would be the justification for RDTs if this is a Fatigue buff?
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    My guess is Mordo appears quite a few times in 5.4 and there was some pushback during beta testing over the headaches he can cause. This is Kabam's attempt to provide additional counters so more of the player base can clear this new content.

Maybe?

Players keep saying that Kabam should never nerf when they can just buff other things. This is a perfect example of why that attitude is worthless. Kabam can easily call this a buff to the Fatigue effect and all champions with it. There's no fundamental difference between nerfing Astral Evade or buffing Fatigue: its different words to describe the same change.

But they chose it to phrase it this way, so their lost.

Call it a fatigue and concussion buff, no RDT required.

Call it a nerf to Astral Evade, RDT please.

Maybe next time they will be more careful with their game and the changes they introduce, as like all other screw ups.
    @DNA3000 I agree with you. It seems like make the change if company is losing something, but if players are losing.... we are looking into it, give me more details , what os you are using , what device, it’s it old or new , when we give every piece of sh*** then we are unable to rerecate this issue , it our team is looking into it .... we will update you ... keep rolling on and on and on .......😂😂😂😂
  • DNA3000 wrote: »

Maybe?

But they chose it to phrase it this way, so their lost.

They chose to phrase it this way because it is the simplest way to explain the change. However, if you imposed upon me the silly rule that nerfs require compensation, I guarantee you nothing would ever be described as a nerf again. That's what makes this position silly. This isn't some game where you can catch the devs in a gotcha. This is a question of making up silly rules and assertions that only make it more difficult to communicate with a dev team it is already very difficult to communicate with. And it is about not taking positions that are trivially easy to dismiss.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Honestly I like the change. Champs like OG Cap will be a decent counter to him. Most fatigue buffs come from science champs, makes sense that a mystic champ would have a problem with it. Mordo isn t normally an issue for me but I like the change.
    Second time I've agreed with Kabam here...hope this isn't a trend.
  • JT_Wrexz26JT_Wrexz26 Posts: 55

Y'all wanna let us know what's going on with the game?
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Delta_14 wrote: »

I would have to disagree. We have been begging kabam to make older champs relevant again, especially of the science class. Since fatigue is a debuff caused mainly by science champs, it makes sense to have a counter to a mystic champ.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★

Maybe?
    So for those of us who ranked up Mordo for the purpose of his astral evade, this is considered as a nerf to his abilities?

Feel free to send me his RDT together with Gwenpool's one.

My God, I'm sure Kabam are really regretting giving the players RDTs after 12.0. After every little change to a champ, or sometimes even in deals and calendars, people start screaming RDTs.

There were some a LOT of changes before 12.0, we never got RDTs then. OG DP was nerfed a lot, and he was sort of a premium character, still is, but no one got RDTs.

It's only when a MULTIPLE of Top champs got nerfed together along with some other major changes to the gameplay, we were given these to adjust our rosters.

Now if you want RDTs, they'll give them when they nerf Blade, Sparky, Hype, Iceman, AA, GP, DV and GR in a single update, and like actual nerfs, not little changes and exploit fixes. Until then, just rank up champs you REALLY have to, knowing that better champs will surely come in the future, and please shut up about the RDTs. It has gotten really annoying now.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I'd like kabam to suggest simply making it so fatigue/concussion/etc lowers chance to passively evade for all champs, including astral evade.

Just to see the epic levels of nerd rage!
    edited December 2017
    dkatryl wrote: »
    I'd like kabam to suggest simply making it so fatigue/concussion/etc lowers chance to passively evade for all champs, including astral evade.

Just to see the epic levels of nerd rage!

Yeah I was just thinking of that when I saw this, as a possible buff to Antman. Concussion already reduces ability accuracy.
    Makes sense if you think about it, fatigue tires the opponents making it difficult for them to evade.
    Maybe they should make fatigue reduce the effects of mystic dispersion as well.
    Perhaps each stack of Fatigue should also increase the attack of the champ that inflicted it by a certain % like poise charges.
    And when they expire they inflict a neurotoxin.
    #MakeAntmanTheBestChamp
    #makesciencematter