**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Unbalanced Scarlet Witch

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    SuelGames said:

Scarlet Witch sp2 si taking too much damage. It's an abuse.

Same happened with hood and kabam nerfed it a day after. Hope the same happens with scarlet witch.

[comment deleted]
    Are you under the impression they don't have the entire game full of data to discover errors? Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but if something is broken, staying silent isn't going to conceal it.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    @BitterSteel : So, I took the kit/synergy out for a few fights in RoL with, to be clear, a 4-star SWitch.

Here’s the photographic evidence of what teams I used and the results:

I have to say, after playing it…man. IDK.

I can see why people think a 5/65 is too much, but at the same time, look at those results — it’s exactly what I thought and you were saying: The RNG just isn’t close to being something where you can rely on it — it’s really hinky. You are as likely to Power Drain yourself or Power Steal right past the SP2, or not proc the Prowess at all.

I am not gonna lie and say I never saw big damage…I get it.

But the hit counter doesn’t lie, man — I was doing just fine playing. It’s just exactly what I thought: RNG and proccing Crits/Prowess…man. IDK.

I don’t think I would change it. I played it. I don’t think I would change.

I can see how it went out the door exactly like it did. I don’t think I would change it

• Options
    To be clear: I think Kabam absolutely did test it. I think they probably looked at it and saw what I see: It’s RNG. Yeah, it’s gonna nuke some fights. But some fights it’s just not gonna proc, and it’s a slog when it doesn’t.

Honestly, that Juggernaut fight that I did that lasted six-plus minutes? It sucked. Hardly any procs until Assassin kicked in. It’s why I got hit — lost my concentration, it took so freaking long with hardly any procs.

I have a feeling, after the review period, people might be surprised. I think there’s a pretty decent chance the data is gonna show that it doesn’t proc enough, over time, to be that big of a deal for the player base.

I could be wrong, of course. But I can see it not proccing enough to matter, over a large sample size
  • Options
    LBN1LBN1 Posts: 186 ★★
    It's completely RNG based, and so inconsistent that no change is needed. For example, with a full synergy team (OG Witch, QuickSilver, Sigil Witch, Wiccan and CAIW), my 5* rank 5 sig 200 OG Witch has gone 0 for 5 to Auto-fight ROL Winter Soldier, she got knocked out every time. How is that so over powered it needs to be nerfed?
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian
    I had a feeling they would cap it to 3. Good change IMO.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    NGL, I was thinking they would most likely cap the prowess rather than just decrease its potency.
  • Options
    hefy2000hefy2000 Posts: 87 ★★
    edited August 2022

Hey everybody,

We have kept an eye on the Scarlet Witch situation and have decided on our actions moving forward. We want to keep her hitting hard, but add an upper limit to the potential damage. As such, we will be capping the Prowess Buffs to 3.

We'll be looking to get this change out in the next couple of days.

Best course of action imo. 3 prowess is still ~400k damage with decent rng, in line with bursty special champs like Sunspot. Also glad to see a resolution before Quicksilver’s general release.
  • Options
    hefy2000 said:

Hey everybody,

We have kept an eye on the Scarlet Witch situation and have decided on our actions moving forward. We want to keep her hitting hard, but add an upper limit to the potential damage. As such, we will be capping the Prowess Buffs to 3.

We'll be looking to get this change out in the next couple of days.

Best course of action imo. 3 prowess is still ~400k damage with decent rng, in line with bursty special champs like Sunspot. Also glad to see a resolution before Quicksilver’s general release.
    I think that’s the important part — yeah, we all remember when the game was simpler and SWitch was busted so badly that they had to do something, but that was a long time ago. I think, if people really want to play the kit and Kabam wants it to be in-line with the top tier of kits in 2022, the Prowess synergy actually was/is a good idea and I am glad that the kit is modernized via synergy for this era
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    SuelGames said:

still dont understand why everyone came here to complain about a champ being too good, its not like its an annoying defender.. cause she s one of the easiest. But hey lets go after kabam for making something that will help us too much!!

Just a hypothetical, do you think that it's possible for a champion to be too good? If you could take it to an extreme, then is there any ability or damage level a champion could have that is too good?
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    SuelGames said:

SuelGames said:

still dont understand why everyone came here to complain about a champ being too good, its not like its an annoying defender.. cause she s one of the easiest. But hey lets go after kabam for making something that will help us too much!!

Just a hypothetical, do you think that it's possible for a champion to be too good? If you could take it to an extreme, then is there any ability or damage level a champion could have that is too good?
    Nope, if its helping me clear content, i wont ever complain
    A champion that has 1 billion attack, and always stuns opponents at the start of the fight that ignores immunities, and can never have their damage reduced or prevented, can't miss or be evaded etc etc. That's not too powerful for you, simply because it'll help you clear content?
  • Options
    nahhornenahhorne Posts: 76 ★★
    i think we all knew that the synergy was either gonna change or be capped, but capping the prowess at 3 feels like a dramatic overcorrection. I figured it’d be 5. while these highlight reels flaunted massive damage, it’s still impractical, or unavailable, in the only meaningful game modes (aw and bg).

i’m also curious if the fix will refresh on new procs or just proc nothing and the others will continue to expire as is.
  • Options
    Luckylefty01Luckylefty01 Posts: 155
    The damage is rng based and cannot be replicated in every fight. There are champs that gain prowess and end fights just an quickly as this synergy.

Adjusting it just a few hours after the deals ended is a slap in the face to summoners.
    Thought kabam had an entire balancing system in place to make adjustments at a later date.
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

Why do people complain about this stuff? And its with a synergy. We have champs like CGR, Hercules and Magneto that do this stuff alone and people want a synergy BASED ON RNG nerfed!. WTF is with this community.

I promise you it comes from the uncollected community. They don't have the champ and they come here to lash out.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

Etm34 said:

Etm34 said:

Some people on this forum were definitely the kids in school who would tell the teacher when people were working in groups on individual assignments

This is like those who shout at people to not tell kabam about the revives in act 3 as if they wouldn’t know
    Kabam already knows the strength of the synergy. They’ve already commented on it and confirmed they are looking into it. Constant threads about how it needs to be nerfed are just ridiculous to me.

Those of us who’ve played the game longer than like 6 months are aware this won’t last long. I just don’t get why there are tons of people who feel the need to immediately run to the forums to ask for nerfs for a synergy, but then are completely fine with other synergies that make a champion borderline OP (Apoc-Cable, Scorpion-AV).
    So are you saying the threads have no effect on kabams decision? Then what's your issue and the ignorant analogy to snitching?
    The analogy is pretty spot on. That’s exactly what everyone is doing. Complaining to the teacher because the synergy is “too powerful” in the same manner that group work is unfair.

If it was a bug sure complain away. But it’s not. And the first time this thread popped up it’s already been acknowledged by kabam. Subsequent posts aren’t going to have any influence on their decision.
    Not a single post is going to influence their decision no matter how many false analogies you make. Videos are going to be made regardless of postsand kabam employees will watch those videos and they will make the necessary changes. All threads do is provide a discourse space for summoners and for communication from kabam.
This discussion has been closed.