**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Unbalanced Scarlet Witch

Comments

• Options
    nahhornenahhorne Posts: 76 ★★
    Siliyo said:

It’s unfortunate they do this after many people decided to buy Quick Silver for this synergy alone. Poor testing on their part, poor planning, and poor communication. This should serve a reason why people should not buy the early access bundles, at the same time Kabam plays on the “FOMO” psychology. It’s conflicting to see this personally.

i think this is both unfair to kabam, and dismissive of the fact the cavs had galan/qs in them. there’s plenty to still complain about, namely the input issues being as bad as ever, but anyone who saw the synergy knew it’d be changed. i just think the change was an overcorrection and i wanted to say that before they set this in stone.
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    I very much enjoy the synergy and for many practical bits of content, it’s not a team I’d bring in.. I think the nerf is an over correction, and I know some bought QS bundles for the synergy. I for one, enjoy playing switch way more than QS.

What about everyone who forked over 50-100$ to have what they -purchased changed overnight?

And on the topic of change, can someone more IT literate explain how kabamm can easily make this change in code seemingly overnight but some,e other weird bugs and interactions take months/years to fix…. Looking at you moleman, fury bug, kingpin bug, etc..
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★

If she had been released with a cap of three prowess, few would have complained. If you crit with three prowess, she’ll do big damage, just nothing nutty.

Question for Kabam: How will her cap work with nodes like this?

Typically with nodes that grant a limited number of buffs to the attacker, the game can differentiate between personal and node-granted buffs such that they don’t cross streams. Can’t guarantee that, but it’s what I’d imagine will happen.

Also, 3 prowesses is a 300% attack boost, yeah? SW could already hit really hard with good RNG, so an additional 300% on top of that is still wildly impressive and she’ll be hitting harder than most 6* r4 champs. I think that’s plenty fair.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,210 ★★★★

Siliyo said:

It’s unfortunate they do this after many people decided to buy Quick Silver for this synergy alone. Poor testing on their part, poor planning, and poor communication. This should serve a reason why people should not buy the early access bundles, at the same time Kabam plays on the “FOMO” psychology. It’s conflicting to see this personally.

ya.....pretty sure 0 people bought those crystals for the synergy, most people probably didn't even know it existed
    /facts.
    People usually buy those bundles hoping for the 6* feature champ. Synergies are an afterthought.
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    That’s understood but also, it’s not some strange interaction that wasn’t known to happen… it was literally written into how it’s performing. Did no one even play with switch on the kabamm team? I know it’s a complex game but it’s not like this was an unintended effect…

Which I again repeat, is awesome and should stay as is.

Crine60 said:

Hey everybody,

We have kept an eye on the Scarlet Witch situation and have decided on our actions moving forward. We want to keep her hitting hard, but add an upper limit to the potential damage. As such, we will be capping the Prowess Buffs to 3.

We'll be looking to get this change out in the next couple of days.

Can you provide any insight into why, if this was a problem, you guys let it go out live like this? There are many comments in here (and countless throughout the forums) talking about the perceived lack of testing/competence and it might be helpful to provide us with some insight into why broken things that players seem to be able to identify immediately (sometimes without even playing but just reading info on it) keep making it into the live game. I do not mean this disrespectfully but these are things that constantly get brought up and an official comment addressing it would be nice.
    In 5 minutes of content being live, the community has put in infinite times more playtime than our entire team (including folks that don't even work on games, but let's add them for fun) could do in hundreds of hours. This is not exclusive to our game, and is common in games that are 10x times our size. We will never be able to catch everything. It's not humanly possible with the sheer breadth of the game as is, and how many different points every piece of content touches.

Even the Creators that were testing out Quicksilver didn't catch this. There will always be cases where things slip by, and we can try to mitigate those the best we can, but can't ever promise that they will never happen.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

Crine60 said:

Hey everybody,

We have kept an eye on the Scarlet Witch situation and have decided on our actions moving forward. We want to keep her hitting hard, but add an upper limit to the potential damage. As such, we will be capping the Prowess Buffs to 3.

Can you provide any insight into why, if this was a problem, you guys let it go out live like this? There are many comments in here (and countless throughout the forums) talking about the perceived lack of testing/competence and it might be helpful to provide us with some insight into why broken things that players seem to be able to identify immediately (sometimes without even playing but just reading info on it) keep making it into the live game. I do not mean this disrespectfully but these are things that constantly get brought up and an official comment addressing it would be nice.
    In 5 minutes of content being live, the community has put in infinite times more playtime than our entire team (including folks that don't even work on games, but let's add them for fun) could do in hundreds of hours. This is not exclusive to our game, and is common in games that are 10x times our size. We will never be able to catch everything. It's not humanly possible with the sheer breadth of the game as is, and how many different points every piece of content touches.

Even the Creators that were testing out Quicksilver didn't catch this. There will always be cases where things slip by, and we can try to mitigate those the best we can, but can't ever promise that they will never happen.
    I believe it — anyone who saw my RoL run with the synergy wouldn’t have been afraid to let it out the door. It didn’t proc nearly enough to freak me out, because it took the same amount of time or more as any other strong kit when it doesn’t proc. Again, I was using a four-star and saw some big numbers, and I need to run a Star-Lord check for comparison, but honestly, we were supposed to use four-stars in RoL and I just didn’t see anything that made me not say, “Yeah, it hits hard. But so does Star-Lord”
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,194 ★★★★★

Crine60 said:

Hey everybody,

When I’m reading the syngere I’m knew from the get get go it be insane powerful but again u guys should know it to
  • Options
    Man, I don’t know — I think some of you guys are being way too hard on Kabam. I am doing a Star-Lord run right now and honestly, I think some people — not all — are overreacting to the fights where the procs happen and it goes quick.

I understand that’s relevant. I am not being dense. I get it. SWitch is nuking some fights, and I get it.

But people aren’t talking enough about what it looks like when the kit doesn’t proc, and I am telling you all when that happens, it’s not all that different from Star-Lord and if you saw enough fights like I am seeing, it doesn’t feel that different.

Again: I recognize the fight that SWitch nukes are there and they have to be accounted for in the testing.

But it baffles me how more people aren’t being honest about what these fights look like when the kit isn’t proccing
  • Options
    Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

Crine60 said:

Hey everybody,

@Kabam Miike im calling you out on this lie regarding the creators not telling you. If they aren’t you have very poor communication between them and you. As it’s on a video from 2 weeks ago by Seatin who is in the creator program stating there was gonna be massive damage from her
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022

I think part of the issue here that some people are missing, is that this isn't people switching or anything like that. This is coming from a community who has seen a lot of items withing the past year or two where there have been characters or buffs released that were too good to be true and didn't get addressed until a good amount of time had passed. These are people that are wanting to make sure something that sounds too good to be true is exactly as stated and not just a mishap. It'd be better for the community to ask about it sooner rather than wait and get riled up because it was missed or slipped under the rug

This. I'm honestly shocked that people bought a product (in this case, chances at champs in a mobile game) specifically because they saw a synergy that made a separate champion do clearly ridiculous damage immediately on release. Why is it bad for people to have asked Kabam about a new feature in such a complex game that seems like an anomaly?

Also, to all those people that are complaining that Kabam changing the synergy is the same thing as another company taking back a real-world product to replace it with something else....... really? Other than the oversimplification of most of these analogies, they also confuse value, intention, implementation, and another of other important concepts.
  • Options
    What I am saying is this: Capping the Prowess at 3 is fine. I get it. I understand it. It’s not wrong, because yes, the fights where uncapped SWitch is nuking fights did and would happen. I am not ignoring reality.

I just keep running fights and see that there are clearly two sides to it — it just doesn’t proc all the time, or consistently. It just doesn’t.
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 607 ★★★

If she had been released with a cap of three prowess, few would have complained. If you crit with three prowess, she’ll do big damage, just nothing nutty.

Question for Kabam: How will her cap work with nodes like this?

With those being passive from the node it shouldn’t count towards the cap of 3, key word being SHOULDNT.
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 454 ★★★
    edited August 2022

Crine60 said:

Hey everybody,

Mike we have got to be more direct here so I will try to ask in no uncertain terms “About how much testing was put into this synergy before release? Was NONE of the footage that was released exactly when the embargo was lifted not made available to the team?”

While I can understand that complex interactions can be hard to test (namor’s infinite damage loop with one eye open being a good example of how the community can be needed to sniff out interactions) this has to be one of the simplest synergies to evaluate ever. It quite literally would have required one person to mess around for all of 10 minutes to squeak out one of these numbers and realize something may need to be retuned. EIGHT people in my alliance, myself included, found this out within the first hour of the bundle’s release. EIGHT.

When infinitely simple synergies like this go over everyone’s head before release it starts to sound more like the team has taken to not testing the new tools at all since the community release will produce more efficient testing than what can be done beforehand. Its time to be honest about just how much time and how many eyes look at these champions before release- ESPECIALLY if they are going to be sold point blank in pre release bundles.

I want to be extremely clear with my next statement: If you don't have the tools to properly test your items before release then drastically undercut them AFTER ALLOWING THEM TO BE SOLD that is par for the course for bait and switch marketing. While this synergy needed a down-tuning the people who spend money on champions aren’t supposed to be guinea pigs for laze on the part of the developers
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

Siliyo said:

ya.....pretty sure 0 people bought those crystals for the synergy, most people probably didn't even know it existed
    /facts.
    People usually buy those bundles hoping for the 6* feature champ. Synergies are an afterthought.
    ya to even pretend that ANYONE bought the 6* QS bundle for that synergy is at best laughable, especially considering that even the 4* QS has it, who you get for doing a few arena rounds
  • Options
    And to be totally clear, my Star-Lord isn’t even a Rank 200 — it’s only Sig 65, at 3/45, because the kit eluded me for YEARS. The more I look at this, I wish Kabam had waited a few months to see what the data says.

Maybe it would’ve gotten changed, still. But I don’t know that it would’ve procced enough
This discussion has been closed.