Options

How will war rating be affected with this war not counting

13»

Comments

• Options
    Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Posts: 8,258
    Ok everybody, we've found the issue and should have it fixed today, but I want to make sure that we aren't entering the weekend/next war without total confidence in the fix.

As many of you have suggested, we will be delaying Alliance War Season 36 until next week (Starting Wednesday, Aug 24th) so that we can make sure that there will not be any issues when the Season starts. The season will be shortened to 3 weeks, and the minimum participation to get rewards will be reduced to 3 wars.

However, we are not able to freeze War Rating for these wars without potentially creating more issues, so please keep that in mind when deciding how to approach the next couple of wars!

An in-game message will be going out soon. Thank you all for your patience as we worked to identify and fix this issue, and address the situation.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★

That's a solution. Alliances can make up the Rating in the next 2 Wars. Thanks Miike.

If you do lose the next war or 2 (50/50 chance for a loss) your war rating will still go down. There's no guarantee to make them up from yesterday, but potential to go down more. For those who like the gamble, or don't care, sure. But to say you can just make up from yesterdays point drops, is not a true statement. At least they are postponing things to give the next couple wars more chance to test it out, but still feels like a risk to play them, to me.
    There's never any guarantee. We play and either win or lose.
  • Options
    Garlando001Garlando001 Posts: 613

Ok everybody, we've found the issue and should have it fixed today, but I want to make sure that we aren't entering the weekend/next war without total confidence in the fix.

As many of you have suggested, we will be delaying Alliance War Season 36 until next week (Starting Wednesday, Aug 24th) so that we can make sure that there will not be any issues when the Season starts. The season will be shortened to 3 weeks, and the minimum participation to get rewards will be reduced to 3 wars.

However, we are not able to freeze War Rating for these wars without potentially creating more issues, so please keep that in mind when deciding how to approach the next couple of wars!

An in-game message will be going out soon. Thank you all for your patience as we worked to identify and fix this issue, and address the situation.

Did you share that information a couple of hours before starting the placement phase? lol

wonderful, bravo, bravo.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,166 ★★★★★
    First war, we would lose 44 points if we lose. Luckily we didn’t. Second war, -49 points if we are defeated. These 2 wars will not count toward the season yet so much to lose in war rating.
  • Options
    CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is we have members that run suicides. In off-season, placing w/ suicides is allowed but when season is ON... It's not a viable option when contending for a Masters slot.

Taking off suicides for placing defense and putting back on for attack cost real units. It's not something that should be overlooked. This is a common practice amongst top alliances competing. I don't do this personally but players that do this should be well aware of when the war is going to count for the actual Season or not to not waste the hard earned units (whether grinded for or paid for).

It's even worse because I've seen some people change masteries for specific fights and not just for attack and defense
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★

aw, I may not get that 6* shards at the last milestone of alliance war solo events lol