**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

No bonus multiplier in Legends arena?? [merged]

Comments

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

I hate arena with a passion. I barely even hit milestone 3 on the basic 4* (for the past couple of years). But, in what arena can you get a guaranteed 6* in about 4 hours? This one. It's not that bad - especially if you have a stacked 2* roster. If I get another beast dupe, i'll be bummed, but if I dupe Doom, I'll be over the moon. To me, this is a better gamble and less arena grind than any other 6* basic arena. And my account isn't shabby (2.4m rating). I honestly don't think this is that bad. People are making it out as though this is longer than the regular 6* arena to get the main prize - which is limited to just a small percentage of people, and this is available for everyone.

It is longer..... and that arena, you know what you are getting. This arena is a pool of 230 champs. The math ain't mathing

How long does it take for the chance at a 6* in the basic arena. Honestly? Probably 10+16 (at least) hours for a chance.

I've done 2 rounds of this in 1.5 hours for 1 million. That's going to be 6 total hours over 4 days and could spread that to the 3 others, but won't need too cause this is nothing for all the people who grind.
    Compared to 16 hours over a weekend for a chance at a 6* that you could miss out on? Come on!

I hate arena and this is going to be cake.

That's great. But why are yall happy to see this game stagnate? Two years later and it is the exact same effort for the exact same reward. You might believe this is worth it, but there will be someone with 50 less 6* champs than you and 50 more hours a week who would say "10million points for a 6* champ is great".

It doesn't make it good game design or healthy for the game, especially when it is a celebratory event.
    I hate arena - period. Worse part of this game IMO. I'd love to see it change - in general. But everytime I advocate for making it less grindy, people say it's just part of the game and it's a choice to do it or not.

My point for this one, is it's literally easier, a wh6ile lot faster to complete, you can spread it over 7 days instead of 3 and you get a guaranteed 6* for doing it. Yet, most the people who are complaining, seem to think regular arena grinding for a 6* basic is just fine even though most the same people don't get the 6* prize for dedicating an entire weekend on 24/7 grinding.

I'm all for making this faster, but the complaints don't hold water when the same people have no issue arena grinding all weekend just for a chance (not even a guarantee) at a 6* basic champ.

As much as I do not enjoy this arena, it's giving me a guaranteed 6* that could possibly be good or bad, 200 units, a good amount of battle chips and more units and gold in top of that. This is more palatable reward/time ratio-wise than the bi-weekly basic arena.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Ceder said:

There is 0 reason to not let us use 6* and 5*, like what's the actual point, so much for a "celebration" when the only (possibly) good reward requires hours of grinding

So more Players have a chance at Rewards?
    How does this even make sense? Allowing people to use 5* does not mean less people are going to get the rewards
    First of all, it's a chance to use 2*s that we never use. Secondly, people are much more apt to have an extensive 2* Roster across the board than 5 or 6*.

Ceder said:

There is 0 reason to not let us use 6* and 5*, like what's the actual point, so much for a "celebration" when the only (possibly) good reward requires hours of grinding

How does this even make sense? Allowing people to use 5* does not mean less people are going to get the rewards
    First of all, it's a chance to use 2*s that we never use. Secondly, people are much more apt to have an extensive 2* Roster across the board than 5 or 6*.
    Let those who want to use 2*s just use them then
    No one is going to use them with higher Rarities. It's meant to be a grind, over 7 days. Not a few hours and done.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Ceder said:

Let those who want to use 2*s just use them then
    No one is going to use them with higher Rarities. It's meant to be a grind, over 7 days. Not a few hours and done.
    But then how does it make less people get the rewards if other rarities are allowed?
    If they allowed other rarities then you could guarantee that they would score the exact amount of points a 2* does anyway. As other have said, it's always been a grind. They usually do another one at some point in the year that has a better multiplier but even then I think they got rid of that one last year in place of a solo event awarding the same stuff the 6* arena does
    edited August 2022
    GOTG said:

So we get the same thing for double effort after ... 2 years?

We should get double rewards for same effort compared to 2 years ago.

Someone thinks it's acceptable or even great, but majority doesn't. Don't know what's going on with Kabam, they are trying too hard to milk their customers and make our lives harder. By the way, you are not even doing a good job for milking us dudes.

Dude it's essentially a free 6*, not much effort is needed for this arena, just do it while watching the tele. I hate arena with a passion but I always do these ones, no brainer really. Also how are they trying to milk people? I'm not seeing any forced pay wall/entry fee 🤨
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I can't understand why some people are so eager, or happy, or just satisfied, using their 2* champions in an event that doesn't add something, a new level of difficulty for example. It's the same champions as their 4, 5 etc star versions, doing the exact same stuff. Is it because you feel your 2* roster is not meaningless? So what?
    GOTG said:

Mackey said:

GOTG said:

Someone thinks it's acceptable or even great, but majority doesn't. Don't know what's going on with Kabam, they are trying too hard to milk their customers and make our lives harder. By the way, you are not even doing a good job for milking us dudes.

Dude it's essentially a free 6*, not much effort is needed for this arena, just do it while watching the tele. I hate arena with a passion but I always do these ones, no brainer really. Also how are they trying to milk people? I'm not seeing any forced pay wall/entry fee 🤨
    I guess you don't know what is free. Free is when you get something for doing absolutely nothing like from calendar.

Getting 1 6* after doing 600+ fights is not free. It's a job.

I have established a pattern to balance my game life and real life and each extra event will make it unbalanced a bit, which I suppose is same to everyone who play this game everyday.

Extra events like this one is not something we can do it in a short time, it requires a lot of time which I don't have, and I suppose that many players don't have as well. If its reward is great then I can create time to make a push, but if it's not than a hard no. No big deal.

The big deal here is this event is a celebration and we did it years ago with a lot less effort. So it looks like Kabam took a huge step back for me. I don't know what are they thinking.
    I guess you don't know what essentially means then 👌
  • WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 778 ★★★

You have a whole week to do any/all of them. That's 30ish rounds per arena per day if you want to spread it out so it's not such a grind. Yes it takes a lot of fights but it doesn't have to be done in 1 or 2 days

bro you just said the same thing twice
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited August 2022
    GOTG said:

Someone thinks it's acceptable or even great, but majority doesn't. Don't know what's going on with Kabam, they are trying too hard to milk their customers and make our lives harder. By the way, you are not even doing a good job milking us dudes.

Couldn't agree more...but I don't think Kabam is motivated to change when they know they can do whatever they want and the majority of players who are spenders will keep spending, and they aren't motivated to cater to the FTP players. They should make improvements to the arena, but apparently they don't feel motivated to do so because they don't see the incentive...
    They're literally giving FTP, and other Players alike, a way to have a 6*. The argument is that it requires effort.
  • CreatinmeCreatinme Posts: 9
    edited August 2022
    Kabam really out here trying their best to ruin every single event possible
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

They're literally giving FTP, and other Players alike, a way to have a 6*. The argument is that it requires effort.

The argument is not that there isn't value in this Arena. It's just that the value has decreased over the years since it was last released. People were hoping that there were some improvements to the rewards to keep in line with the changes to the games resource economy. Alternatively, they could have kept the rewards the same but made it less of a grind. We haven't received any new content outside of EoP for months with is literally 4 unique fights every 2 months. Bringing back old unchanged content and trying to play it off as new isn't fooling anyone.
    K00shMaan said:

The argument is not that there isn't value in this Arena. It's just that the value has decreased over the years since it was last released. People were hoping that there were some improvements to the rewards to keep in line with the changes to the games resource economy. Alternatively, they could have kept the rewards the same but made it less of a grind. We haven't received any new content outside of EoP for months with is literally 4 unique fights every 2 months. Bringing back old unchanged content and trying to play it off as new isn't fooling anyone.
    Unless there are some new Rarities that have been added I'm unaware of, a 6* is still a 6*.
  • TeufelHundenTeufelHunden Posts: 104
    Mackey said:

GOTG said:

Nothing is "free". My time and quality of life are more important than grinding that hard for a (likely a meme) 6*. The game needs a shot in the arm and this ain't helping.
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    This new legends arena is so bad already and it's even worse with the dumb AI
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    Champions just holding block for 15 seconds and then spamming the special attack the moment you get near is ridiculous, or when they just stand there doing nothing and then intercept you when you go to smack them
  • Krish121Krish121 Posts: 81
    The in-game mail we recieved about the legend celebration says its a celebration event to celebrate some of the legends who completed some of the greatest challenges the contest has to offer.The legend celebration Arena clearly does not come as a celebration but a torture/chore for me personally don't know how many out there feel the same way . I am a Cavalier and for me every 6* counts but this Arena is hella boring and it's just waste of time by only using 1 or 2* and getting about 6k points with 3x multiplier if you have max rank 2*. I have a 100 win streak and only about 1.6 mill points so to reach 4 mil that's about 250 + Arena matches and it's only for the 6* Arena not even counting the matches to be played in the 5* Arena How can we do both without being online 10 hours + a day it's clearly a chore than celebration event .
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    I’ve just hit 2 million after 120 streak.

Its mind numbingly boring. Not helped by fighting the same champions over and over again. I’m absolutely sick of ant man.

The only plus point, is that I get to fight with Champions that I’ve never used before. Quicksilver was let’s say interesting 🤨