**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

End of Gifting... [master-thread]

Comments

• Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

TyEdge said:

“Tell us what stuff you want to be able to gift and we’ll make sure it’s not on the list”

This is going to create a nightmarish 2-week window where you can revive your way through whatever un-fun content you want for outdated rewards (Carina vol 1…what up)

At last... The most powerful champ in mcoc got a nerf...

We demand rank down tickets for this champ
    lol no he didnt. he will return for the event.
    Its the normal Kabam thing to do, screw the player base so they can fill their pockets.
    Those vets who saved on multiple accounts and played by the rules are SOL. Those who are willing to spend more money will have the opportunity to, no doubt. They are going to milk this like crazy.
    Lol dude im sorry cause its gonna seem like i'm making fun of u... But its bad enough there was a big fuzz about the chap 1-3 unit gain buff and how it affected the game.. u decided to 1 up that situation and bought the unit card... 🤣
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,
    Following up to answer some FAQs.

Why not tell us sooner?
    We've seen the criticisms stating that this should have been mentioned immediately after the last gifting event concluded. Ultimately, until very recently, we weren't sure what this year's holiday event would look like. With the amount of fraudulent activity, we weren't able to analyze the full impact until months into 2022. I know there were internal conversations about ways to provide an adjusted gifting event, but every avenue the game team explored lead to more problems. As was stated in the original post, we wanted to give everyone the opportunity to make decisions about how they'd spend their time; we did this as soon as we had an idea that the gifting event wouldn't happen this year, even with limited information about what the new event looks like. This communication came three months prior to a normal communication cadence for in-game events.

How are we supposed to get trophy champs, now?
    We haven't seen anything to suggest the replacement crystals would remove opportunity to acquire trophy champs. We will continue to keep an eye on the development of this event and will communicate as we have more information, likely closer to the holiday season.

What consumables can we gift?
    As the details about the new holiday event are still falling into place and there is still a lot to consider, we don't have a definitive list of what will be available. Expect more information closer to the launch of the new event.

I, an I’m sure many others, appreciate such a response on these topics.

Thank you for jumping in an addressing.

I am hopeful that whatever is replaced is not as awful as the new summoner appreciation method. All I ask is that whatever this method is, please make sure it is clearly explained and defined for the player base that no one gets screwed out of something - otherwise, it’d be the same as getting scammed!

Thanks jax❤️
  • Options

So, will the Grinch be a playable character?

curveball champ
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 828 ★★★★
    On the bright side, Maybe the end of gifting will have the add on bonus of eliminating arena bots after all there’s no reason for those bots to grind arenas anymore
  • Options
    SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    Knowing earlier would have been nicer but historically they don’t ever give any information on the event until very close to the event starting. This announcement is months ahead of anything before. If you save your units and decide the new version of the event won’t be for you then you can use the units to chase Thronebreaker, which I would say is a better use of units than gifting crystals would have been but to each their own. As I have multiple alt accounts I wish this would happen next year but at least I didn’t keep grinding them for the rest of them year. I have no idea what to do with all the units on those accounts now but consumables isn’t really an option for my main that has already completed all content.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★

So basically we have to buy GGCs to give to ourselves?

Let’s be realistic. Either through alt accounts or trades, that’s what 99% of us were doing anyways
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    My opinion on this situation
    Is that I would rather see
    Investment in gifting as an alliance event.
    Kabam could do that so
    Everyone could participate

Summoners deserve a chance to use
    Units that they farmed on legit alts.
    Crystals were the most fun part of the event.
    Keeping them would show the
    Summoners that Kabam will keep the game fun.
  • Options
    CycobillyCycobilly Posts: 28

bdawg923 said:

Only reason I have an alt account is to send myself GGC. Have 9000 units saved up since last gifting event. All down the drain. Ridiculous

You were essentially taking advantage of the system and it's Kabam's fault... You knew this wasn't their intention and there was always the chance they'd fix it
    I 1000% disagree. Kabam knew this would happen and welcomed it. It padded their unique users which is great for their valuation and attracting investors.

Brilliant way to have new accounts when it plateaued a long time ago.
  • Options
    Maybe u should read the actual answers provided instead of asking for one of
    Etm34 said:

So basically we have to buy GGCs to give to ourselves?

Let’s be realistic. Either through alt accounts or trades, that’s what 99% of us were doing anyways
    Exactly... My thoughts on the "New Format"
    GGC will be renamed... Lets call it "Holiday Crystal".. it will have the same or updated contents that a GGC would have.. the difference?.. U can't gift it.. u buy it for yourself...
    The alliance event: it will be the same but you will score by opening this Holiday Crystals and not for gifting them...
    Basically u can't gift... Your own benefit unit per unit is the same... The downside?.. u cant use your alt to benefit your main... Oh well..
  • Options
    And btw how does this stop the real scammers, The unit loaders?
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    New event: buy your own crystals for 300 units or 10 for $50. Get points toward milestones

That’s it. That’s the event.
  • Options
    And they got rid of permanent gifting because of resource gifting scams. They’ll just make their money that way as well. So the only people getting truly burned are the people who legit grinded within the rules.
  • Options
    Sw33tySw33ty Posts: 24
    Here is the idea without scrapping gifting (yeah I know consumables as kabam mention it): Make it an event where only ally members can gifting each other (ally based), beneficial to both ally and members. No outside gifting allowed, those with alternate account, not just a farming units but also have to earn spot in ally, which means the account need to be serious developed. Let it be if people can remote 30 account, its called "playing your games". Oh well just the idea
  • Options
    Cycobilly said:

And they got rid of permanent gifting because of resource gifting scams. They’ll just make their money that way as well. So the only people getting truly burned are the people who legit grinded within the rules.

Did u miss the part where it says this will be the last gifting event?.. who's gonna try to buy consumables during the infinite spending event...on top of that buying them for real money..
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 839 ★★★
    Just make a fuss and get it postponed for another year. The notice was too short for many who were legitimately grinding units.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I'm happy that I don't have to grind units for this event
  • Options
    TrapKill66TrapKill66 Posts: 96

As this wasn’t the first gifting event shouldn’t this news come right after gifting so people don’t save all year for the next one?

Yup, I totally agree with this quote due to feeling blindsided. I work for my units and ggcs, a toxic and fraudulent player base has created this situation, the changes should come after the event so those of us that are honest players are not blindsided like this.