**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

QS - Scarlet Witch Synergy comp

So they immediately nerfed the synergy after the early access bundles were sold to thousands of players,
are we going to get compensated for this? I bought the bundle just for the 5* synergy since we know 6* scarlet witch may drop soon, feeling kinda scammed now

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★
    But the 4 star had it to so it wasn’t just for the syngere if that’s to case very impatient to buy it just for that’s I’m agerd the way it was handling wasn’t great
  • Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    It's because of their TOS

In a way I feel you and everyone who bought the crystals because of this synergy. However, there was announcement a while back that any champion released will have a 6 month adjustment period. During this time, champion attributes supposedly gets adjustments based on their wanted performance. Unfortunately, I dont remember if this ever made it to an ingame mail.

Best chance of obtaining the champ IMHO will be through Arena or waiting for their featured. Since the removal of most bots and banning its quite easy to obtain 5star versions anyways. if you value your time and want to spend, then be prepared to waste your 50$ for a champion that might get changed
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I’d you bought the. Uncle thinking that broken synergy would not be changed, the blame is partly on you.

To say this was easy to catch — disagree. SW is so RNG dependent that you can run her in multiple fights without seeing big numbers, esp if you don’t have a full crit team. And this case is exactly what Kabam was talking about in reply to this issue— the massive player community can discover bugs in one hour than Kabam can in a month of testing. It happens. We vastly outnumber them, and developers deal with dozens of issues every day so it is not like they were sitting around picking their noses instead of testing.

Anyway, SW is still pretty amazing, finishing RoL fights often faster than my r4 Rintrah.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    I'm saying this right now as prediction:

Antman / Ghost synergy is going to get nerfed. It used to be ghost synergy was tolerated because the other champs in it were "questionable"... Hood is now way better, Wasp is good enough that I used her in multiple fights this war, and Antman ... we'll we shall have to see.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I'm saying this right now as prediction:

Antman / Ghost synergy is going to get nerfed. It used to be ghost synergy was tolerated because the other champs in it were "questionable"... Hood is now way better, Wasp is good enough that I used her in multiple fights this war, and Antman ... we'll we shall have to see.

I said this in another thread, but I’ll repeat it here. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was changed, but remember that just because it’s changed doesn’t mean it’s a nerf (hold on for one sec, I know that sounds dumb)

Ant Man’s synergy at the moment gives him 15% attack per debuff.

Let’s say for the sake of my argument that Ant Man can apply on average 10 debuffs at a time in the fight. That means he has a 150% attack boost in general.

Now, let’s say post buff ant man can now stack around 40 debuffs on average. Do you think it’s reasonable for the 15% attack boost to stay? So now he gets a 600% attack boost?

Also, let’s now take into account the fact that the buff is going to make Ant Man deal more damage in general.

Let’s take a different hypothetical and say he could take winter soldier down in 5 minutes without synergies pre buff, let’s make it simple and say that the 15% attack boost per debuff from ghost doubles his attack in the fight. Now he takes the fight down in 2 and a half minutes with the synergy.

Now, let’s say that post buff ant man can take winter soldier down in 2 minutes. Do you think it’s reasonable for a synergy to still *have* to double ant man’s attack so he takes WS in 1 minute? Does this synergy still have to provide double the attack?

The point of this buff is not to keep the ghost synergy identical, it’s to make Ant Man a better champion on his own. If it ends up that the synergy is a smaller proportion of the reason why Ant Man is better, that’s fine with me.

I’d rather have Ant Man be a better champ on his own, and rely less on a synergy from a champion often banned in war.

Remember that balance is a real thing in the game, if Ghost’s synergy was kept the exact same, then that has an impact on Ant Man’s base kit. If the ghost synergy is less impactful after the buff, that’s only because Ant Man has been buffed so that he’s better overall.
  • Options
    ZacTheSwordZacTheSword Posts: 56 ★★

In a way I feel you and everyone who bought the crystals because of this synergy. However, there was announcement a while back that any champion released will have a 6 month adjustment period. During this time, champion attributes supposedly gets adjustments based on their wanted performance. Unfortunately, I dont remember if this ever made it to an ingame mail.

Best chance of obtaining the champ IMHO will be through Arena or waiting for their featured. Since the removal of most bots and banning its quite easy to obtain 5star versions anyways. if you value your time and want to spend, then be prepared to waste your 50$ for a champion that might get changed

I get what you mean, and everyone else's response. Yeah we bought it, they changed it and "technically is within tos" when this is borderline fraud moment (bait & switch). It feels unfair which is why i brought up this post. Theres no harm asking for compensation and i find it pretty reasonable for this situation
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    I didn't say there aren't clear terms and conditions saying Kabam can't modify... We just classify those modifications as "Nerfs", "Buffs", and something along the lines of "did something change?"

While there is no legal recourse for such a change... If Kabam wants people to invest in their game, they need to provide a good faith effort to players that if they make a change that a player couldn't reasonably predict which effectively "bait and switched" what a player might be getting for their money (whether that money is cash offer, units, time, etc.)... Kabam may win in court... but in the end, if they burn too many players out, and people stop spending... they will lose the company (or at least the division) due to lack of making money.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    SCP1504 said:

If you've read my previous comment that is exactly why i said it borders on fraud.

Sure they have the right to modify anything in the game, but imagine you bought a champ and then they got nerfed not 2 days later,

My problem isn't with kabam's right to modify, we acknowledge it, heck we wish they would use that right more often on 2014/2015 champs

But they shouldn't modify a champ on the week of his release because this invites doubt to their intentions

I hate switch and don't have her fyi but on principal i think kabam is at fault and should provide an option to reimburse those who wish to be reimbursed
    You should probably go back and look up what fraud is. Clearly listing out things in a ToS and then actually doing those things is not fraud. It's exactly why that clause exists in the ToS.

All these armchair lawyers in the community are hilarious.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

I get what you mean, and everyone else's response. Yeah we bought it, they changed it and "technically is within tos" when this is borderline fraud moment (bait & switch). It feels unfair which is why i brought up this post. Theres no harm asking for compensation and i find it pretty reasonable for this situation
    This is nowhere near bait and SWitch (see what I did there). The bundle offer 5 crystals, a 5*/3* version of the featured champ and 3 attack/health boosts. That's what you got. The synergy affected scarlet witch and not QS. SW wasn't part of the bundle.

Bait and switch means I bait you into the store with advertising promising to sell you product A for "X" low price and when you arrive to the store, that is not available (purposely) and I offer you product "B" at a higher price and is an inferior product.

None of that happened. Also, the right to modify isn't technically in the ToS. It's very much real and written clearly in the ToS. There's no technically.