**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New back to school crystals bugged?

Comments

• Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Posts: 203
    I saw the price first (thankfully, otherwise I could have auto-pilot purchased it) and got excited, yeah excited that it was double the price. I thought 'oh they must have increased the odds to match the highest progression level' then noticed the offer next to it and got more excited thinking 'what a time to add a Paragon nexus crystal, when 6* SW is added!'. I was then dropped back to earth when I realized that not only was SW not in the pool, but that the odds were still the same as previously.

Highest crystal of this kind is still Cavalier, yet that is now two progression levels behind. TB's don't need 3*'s, let alone Paragon players. Perhaps it's time to rename these crystals at least.

Anyways, I don't mind them doubling the price for the same thing, just means I will never be tempted by them going forward.
  • Humanity404Humanity404 Posts: 3
    edited August 2022

Glad I happened to notice before instinctively hitting buy.
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 703 ★★★
    Coppin said:

Vance2_jr said:

I did it instinctively before I realized the price increase. Last time I buy these. In the immortal words of George W. Bush: “… fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

How are they fooling u if the price is right there...
    To clarify, I’m accepting responsibility for jumping right in without actually reading.

Apparently, I need to also explain the nuances of the Bush quote, which was a complete mangling of the actual phrase, which is “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.” The point being, I will now read everything and not assume things are the same as they were last time. And I will not be buying these again.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Vance2_jr said:

Coppin said:

Vance2_jr said:

I did it instinctively before I realized the price increase. Last time I buy these. In the immortal words of George W. Bush: “… fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

To clarify, I’m accepting responsibility for jumping right in without actually reading.

Apparently, I need to also explain the nuances of the Bush quote, which was a complete mangling of the actual phrase, which is “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.” The point being, I will now read everything and not assume things are the same as they were last time. And I will not be buying these again.
    Fool me once means u were deceived...
    U were not deceived... U just rush to it...
    Basically your quote doesnt apply...
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 703 ★★★
    edited August 2022
    Coppin said:

Vance2_jr said:

Coppin said:

Vance2_jr said:

Fool me once means u were deceived...
    U were not deceived... U just rush to it...
    Basically your quote doesnt apply...
    Please go back and read my first sentence. I’m sure we can split hairs on this all day long, but that wouldn’t be productive, now would it?
  • WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 778 ★★★
    Thanks a lot kabam always trying to make money from us god dang
    5 bucks a crystal is rediculos
  • o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    Vance2_jr said:

Coppin said:

Vance2_jr said:

Kabam Miike said that he has no idea why its 10 bucks this will not continue
  • LBN1LBN1 Posts: 186 ★★
    I appreciate the clarification by Kabam Jax. I looked before buying, and did not buy and came to the forums first as the price increase is shocking. In the end, games can charge what the market will bear. This increase, is just absurdly and ridiculously overpriced, and is now a super easy hard pass saving me $10 bucks weekly as I'd typically by both sets. I used to buy these sets 3 to 4 times a month, so almost weekly. Now I doubt I ever will again.

Every Summoner out there, should join me and never buy these. Hopefully the revenue drops like the iron anvil on Spiderham's special 3, and then Kabam could realize the error of their ways and go backwards, though I don't hold out much hope...
  • UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 519 ★★★
    I also almost bought this deal but stopped before I clicked purchased cuz I saw 9.99. Now don’t get me wrong, I think this is overpriced for 2 nexus crystals, but hear me out. Could it be that Kabam is charging more because of the champs that are in the pool? Hercules, Doom, OS, Shang-Chi, Mr Negative, and Captain Britain? Maybe under there reasoning, they charged more because of those champs being in there? I’m not saying it’s right to charge more just because those champs are in the pool, but Kabam might think it was ok to raise the price.
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    So same rates, similar quantity of good and bad champs, no guarantee i'll acquire the desired champs and yet you're charging double the price? Only difference is increasing the limit. Who let the intern in marketing think up these prices? Or is the excuse high energy bills, war in ukraine, covid?
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 749 ★★★
    Hell No, I always bought these but not now for 30 bucks for all 3. I would have gotten them all for 15 and took my chances before. For a Paragon player they really need to start increasing the chances for a 6* or come out with thronebreaker crystals...we are at paragon now Kabam.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

The feedback on here will matter less than the revenue this deal brings compared to the normal price

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,
    Just taking a moment to address this.

There isn't anything fishy afoot, here; this price was intentional. Different deals have different prices. It's also why prices are clearly displayed and require a second stage of confirmation (with the price displayed a second time).

That being said, we are taking your feedback to the team and letting them know the general sentiment regarding this deal! Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

This feels a bit disingenuous to say it’s a different deal just because the champion pool has changed when the drop rate remains the same. The featured 6* crystal costs 15k shards irrespective of quality of the champion pool, featured Cav crystals cost 300 units irrespective of the champions. Just because money is being charged doesn’t mean it is a different deal. All of these things require a swapping of tokens to acquire them, just because this uses real world money doesn’t mean it’s a different deal as every other time. It leaves a bad taste that a decision has been made at Kabam that thinks a 100% increase is a fair value and ultimately this feels like price gouging. Kabam can charge whatever amount it wants, but when you double the cost of something I think we players have right to feel a little bit aggrieved.
    Actually, they're entitled to charge whatever they want for these Offers. There is no going rate. Now, that's not to say there aren't trends. Otherwise we wouldn't be here. However, on a base level, they offer what they offer based on a number of factors, and we are free to decide if it's worth the money they're asking for whatever it is they're offering. There's a misconception that we choose the price based on what we buy, and that's not directly accurate.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Wozzle007 said:

The feedback on here will matter less than the revenue this deal brings compared to the normal price

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

There isn't anything fishy afoot, here; this price was intentional. Different deals have different prices. It's also why prices are clearly displayed and require a second stage of confirmation (with the price displayed a second time).

That being said, we are taking your feedback to the team and letting them know the general sentiment regarding this deal! Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

This feels a bit disingenuous to say it’s a different deal just because the champion pool has changed when the drop rate remains the same. The featured 6* crystal costs 15k shards irrespective of quality of the champion pool, featured Cav crystals cost 300 units irrespective of the champions. Just because money is being charged doesn’t mean it is a different deal. All of these things require a swapping of tokens to acquire them, just because this uses real world money doesn’t mean it’s a different deal as every other time. It leaves a bad taste that a decision has been made at Kabam that thinks a 100% increase is a fair value and ultimately this feels like price gouging. Kabam can charge whatever amount it wants, but when you double the cost of something I think we players have right to feel a little bit aggrieved.
    Actually, they're entitled to charge whatever they want for these Offers. There is no going rate. Now, that's not to say there aren't trends. Otherwise we wouldn't be here. However, on a base level, they offer what they offer based on a number of factors, and we are free to decide if it's worth the money they're asking for whatever it is they're offering. There's a misconception that we choose the price based on what we buy, and that's not directly accurate.
    Wait hold on, businesses are allowed to change what they charge without notice to their patrons?? Unbelievable, blasphemy!! At the same time we have free will to decide on buying their product or not? Mind blowing information you are providing me today.
    Moving past the ToS, as I'm sure it's been reiterated enough that people know they can modify, businesses do it all the time. Ever been to a department store? Been to a grocery store lately? I don't remember receiving notice that their prices will increase.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Wozzle007 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

Wait hold on, businesses are allowed to change what they charge without notice to their patrons?? Unbelievable, blasphemy!! At the same time we have free will to decide on buying their product or not? Mind blowing information you are providing me today.
    Moving past the ToS, as I'm sure it's been reiterated enough that people know they can modify, businesses do it all the time. Ever been to a department store? Been to a grocery store lately? I don't remember receiving notice that their prices will increase.
    We do get information about increasing gas prices, meats in groceries, etc… idk what world you live in (I know you live in Canada like I do) but we most definitely get information on prices increasing. Perhaps not the exact amount but we will know prices are increasing from news outlets, local grocery stores or word of mouth. Sorry if you are too sheltered to know that and when these item’s costs are increasing.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 935 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022

Wozzle007 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

I’m not sure why your trying to correct me when I literally wrote “Kabam can charge whatever amount it wants.”

And also I said “The feedback on here will matter less than the revenue this deal brings compared to the normal price”

Who gave the impression that we the customer can set the price? We know we can’t. We can influence through our actions both in terms of feedback and spending habits as a 100% price increase is a bit ludicrous.

The trend for this item has been a consistent history of costing the exact same amount every single time. If you we’re going to SPC chart the history of the cost of the item, this is the only occasion I can recall it differing in price and the fact it’s doubled after so many occasions of having a completely static cost would likely fall into special cause variation (I’m sure someone like DNA3000 could school me on my incorrect use of SPC here).

You’re obviously free to buy if you think it’s worth the value. My suggestion would be to buy the Sunday Thronebreaker daily special. You get 2 Cav Nexus crystals, plus all the Rank 4 materials and after 7 weeks can get trade in for the paragon offer or Thronebreaker if your not paragon yet.