Comments

• 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 489 ★★★
    edited September 2022
    Good utility and seems like he could also deal a good bit of damage. Looking forward to the buff
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Member Posts: 636 ★★★
    Sounds promising. Will be better than guillotine‘s buff I reckon.
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Stebo_79 said:

Sounds promising. Will be better than guillotine‘s buff I reckon.

Just a tad
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Member Posts: 684 ★★★
    Hoping he has animation adjustments too
  • MityAntMityAnt Member Posts: 152
    My R2 Sig 80 6* is eagerly awaiting...
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Member Posts: 915 ★★★★
    Would rank up mine but I got a few rank ups lined up this month.
    Can't wait to rank my Ant-Man next month.
    Glad my forum vote and arena vote did not go to waste after all, though the buff was delayed but still will be delivered. Maybe even better than the Guilly buff.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Member Posts: 4,000 ★★★★★
    Why is antman shock immune?!
  • AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Member Posts: 311 ★★
    Alright after reading the buff notes I’m pretty excited. Super happy that he doesn’t need his dupe because I have him but not duped. Looks like he can deal some good damage and his poisons can be refreshed so thats sweet. Only thing I wish they did was change his animations. They’re so basic and with Ant Man they could have made some fun or unique animations. Like his specials look good but his basic animation or at least his heavy could have been changed.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,933 ★★★★★
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Member Posts: 915 ★★★★

cause ants can actually walk on livewires... i see a lot of ant swarming on electric poles at time so I assume that's where he got the immunity to shock.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Member Posts: 4,000 ★★★★★

cause ants can actually walk on livewires... i see a lot of ant swarming on electric poles at time so I assume that's where he got the immunity to shock.
    And poison immunity?!
  • Badass84Badass84 Member Posts: 317 ★★★
    As always. Makea him more annoying as an opponent but not good enough to make him great as a champ to use. The buff-program is only against players.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,805 ★★★★★

And poison immunity?!
    Presumably he gets poison Immunity the same way Peni Parker gets hers?
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Member Posts: 507 ★★★
    edited September 2022

Like his specials look good but his basic animation or at least his heavy could have been changed.

I agree with the heavy attack part. I think all of his animations are fine except for his heavy attack, easily one of my least favorite animations in the game and it looks like we're going to see it quite often since it's a pretty important part of his kit.

Aside from that, this is an incredible buff and I'm super excited to try it out. Having another buff immune champion is nice and all of his utility and damage (aside from the petrify, which is difficult to actually get going) looks very promising.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Member Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Badass84 said:

As always. Makea him more annoying as an opponent but not good enough to make him great as a champ to use. The buff-program is only against players.

Well he is both an easier champ to face and a much better champ to use
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Member Posts: 5,018 ★★★★★
    Wack, don’t like that they nerfed his glancing but overall I like the buff
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

That's because there's no place for the electricity to conduct. Birds do it too. Humans can too

....Am i being wooooshed?
  • AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Member Posts: 311 ★★

Foster04 said:

Glad they suggested liquid courage for a champion that needs to spam SP1!

And an almost useless Sp3 plus no way to heal :D

I found that funny
    Would have been really good if you were able to refresh the petrify. That way you could have had a super potent petrify always active.
  • ESFESF Member Posts: 2,011 ★★★★★
    The most important thing, to me, is that you no longer HAVE TO take other characters with him to use him

I totally agree with @BitterSteel in that adjustments have to be made to synergies when characters get buffs — I see that doesn’t make some people thrilled, but personally I look at it like this: You can take Ant-Man into Battlegrounds now, for example. You can actually use the kit in a competitive mode, on its own

If it tones down some of the potency of the synergies that you basically had to have in order to use the kit, that tradeoff is worth it, to me