Crash Protection is broken, or a Predatory change has been made... at the worst possible time.

I've noticed that the cap of 5% health when the game crashes is no longer functional. If this is intended, then you are punishing players for crashing more harshly during a time when crashing is at it's highest. This is game breaking, and has to be fixed or reverted immediately.

Comments

• stimpycatisnumberonestimpycatisnumberone Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2022
    Outside of Alliance/Realm content there was a cap of 5 percent health. If the game crashed it would not go below the five percent health no matter how many time you crashed.
  • NameforforumNameforforum Member Posts: 25
    Exactly, this is what has changed. There definitely was a 5% cap in general content outside of Realm/Arena/Alliance. So any story, side quest, celebrity challenge etc. Now if you crash under 3% it isn't halving the health. I tested it as well and sometimes it would K.O. at 3 percent, but other times would go lower. The inconsistency alone is proof that it's either bugged, or that there is a more sophisticated(less forgiving) crash system implemented.
  • FireatwillFireatwill Member Posts: 98
    I kept seeing 3% and thought I was crazy. i can't remember the last time i saw it go under 5. as cheesy as can be, it's necessary with all the bugs. hopefully this is just a bug too
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,802 ★★★★★
    Why is it as gamebreaking as you say? I don't play AW, so I can onlx imagine that this only affects champs like iHulk, Corvus, maxbe Herc? I might be wrong tho
  • H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    What 5% crash protection? Never heard of it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,741 ★★★★★

Exactly, this is what has changed. There definitely was a 5% cap in general content outside of Realm/Arena/Alliance. So any story, side quest, celebrity challenge etc. Now if you crash under 3% it isn't halving the health. I tested it as well and sometimes it would K.O. at 3 percent, but other times would go lower. The inconsistency alone is proof that it's either bugged, or that there is a more sophisticated(less forgiving) crash system implemented.

You're wrong. Ive been playing since release and there's never been a rule that halves you health under 5% if your game crashes. The only place where health is halved is in Alliance modes. Anything outside of that, if you reconnect quickly, you don't lose health at all.
  • Foster04Foster04 Member Posts: 90
    Well it's clear there's an issue/change, even if some haven't heard of it. Hopefully we can get some sort of update.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Oh this was an intended change that went live a while back. Dying below 3% health would cause KO in map 8 atleast i think.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,741 ★★★★★
    Foster04 said:

Well it's clear there's an issue/change, even if some haven't heard of it. Hopefully we can get some sort of update.

What exactly is clear? Only a few in this thread think they know what OP is talking about and OP has given very, very little details about the issue other than some 5% cap they think exists. So please tell me again what's clear.
    edited September 2022

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,232 Guardian

That's alliance modes. It seems OP is talking about outside of alliance modes. But since they're being incredibly defensive and vague, we'll likely never know.
    Also original statement “Cap of 5% Health” reads very much like they were claiming you only lose 5% of health (not 50%, which is why many of the replies). Of course starting a fight at 10% and crashing would result in 5% loss, but evidently that's not what the issue is (took long enough for clarification).

Original could have better clarified it being a “low-life 5% threshold”.

Although those Miike statements showing it has been at 3%, not 5%. So did OP always used to get KO when they were at say 4% in the past (not just under 3%) ?
  • JoeqwJoeqw Member Posts: 56
    If you are “crashing” (or force quitting) that much you deserve the death. Just revive and move on dude. Revives are easy to farm. Map 8 was changed months ago, if story is changed now it’s definitely not “game breaking”. Come on, it’s laughable to throw a fit on this with everything else that is broken.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,274 Guardian
    I’m not 100% sure what the OP is referring to, but the crash behavior outside of alliance modes is to restart the fight first with the fight recovery screen, and if successive crashes happen within a certain time window to deduct half health (as it does in general). However, if you’re under 3% health you’ll die instead. This was done in part to address the Corvus timeout issue mentioned above, but I do not recall if this originally extended to outside alliance modes. It definitely does now, but I can’t confirm if this is a change in behavior, because as I mentioned to even see this in the first place requires multiple crashes in a short period of time. I had to simulate that to test it just now, because I haven’t experienced crashes at that frequency. I’ve only ever seen the fight crash recovery mode.
  • NameforforumNameforforum Member Posts: 25
    edited September 2022
    So that's the answer then, the rule that applied to alliance modes is now extended to the rest of the game. It 100% percent was not applied prior to the update. Prior to the update, I tested this countless times, your health would not go below 5% if you crashed multiple times outside alliance modes. It would stay at 5% health regardless of how many times your game crashed. There is no arguing this point. It is a simple fact. I don't mind a debate on the material issue, but I don't have the patience to argue with people on basic game functionality that has existed for years. It blew my mind that so few people were unaware of how this functioned. Thank you for an answer, let's hope it's just a bug and that people aren't punished for crashing when the game is running worse than it ever has in the past. With a failing input system, resource errors, rampant crashing, this is not the time to make a change like that deliberately, as it compounds all of these issues.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,232 Guardian

So that's the answer then, the rule that applied to alliance modes is now extended to the rest of the game. It 100% percent was not applied prior to the update. Prior to the update, I tested this countless times, your health would not go below 5% if you crashed multiple times outside alliance modes. It would stay at 5% health regardless of how many times your game crashed. There is no arguing this point. It is a simple fact. I don't mind a debate on the material issue, but I don't have the patience to argue with people on basic game functionality that has existed for years. It blew my mind that so few people were unaware of how this functioned. Thank you for an answer, let's hope it's just a bug and that people aren't punished for crashing when the game is running worse than it ever has in the past. With a failing input system, resource errors, rampant crashing, this is not the time to make a change like that deliberately, as it compounds all of these issues.

Well, this is a different revelation about what you were implying.

(in non-alliance mode content, upon a crash/close/timeout..)

Not that you would only lose a maximum of 5% health.
    Not that there was a threshold of 5%, above which it would be halved, below which it would just KO you because of the Corvus exploit.

But so you mean that no matter how much health you had above 5%, that you would end up after restart with NO LESS than 5% health still on your champ ?

That's a bit hard to believe.

So if you were at 6% and crashed (in a game mode than is set to half your remaining health), that you would be at 5% health afterward ?
    You wouldn’t go from 6% down to 3% ?? (but would be 5% ??, really ?)

Now if you’re talking about game modes that DON’T do the death or half-off methods, but instead just keep you where you are, then (obviously) you would stay at 5% ONLY if you were already at 5%.
    Of course, 7% would stay at 7%.
    22% would stay at 22%. etc.
    But doesn’t sound like that is what you mean.